Create a Frankenstein Civilization!

1) Serenissima.
2) Gateway to Africa.
3) Ships of the Desert.

Because having thousands of GPT offers insane flexibility for any victory condition. :eek:

UU: Great Merchant of Venice
UU: Khan
UA: Scourge of God

Pretty weak, but it'll do.

Two UA's?

No wait...

Three UA's?

Yes! See this portion of the OP.
To keep some sort of realism, here are the rules:

1. Your civ has three "unique slots" that you can fill however you want. For example, you can give your civ three UAs, but in this case it will have no UU/UB/UI. ...

Wayfinding
Pathfinder
Carthage's UA

Some really awesome sea scouting, could replace carthage with indonesia for happiness

UA: Spice Islanders
UB: Bazaar
UU: Sea Beggar

Behold, The Dutch East India Comppany

Diplomatic

UA- Hellenic League
UA- Father Governs Children
UB- Hanse

Scientific

UA- Scholars of the Jade Hall
UA- Ingenuity
UB- Pyramid

Cultural

UA- Achaemenid Legacy
UA- Carnival
UA- Monument Builders

Longer Golden Ages = longer double tourism. Wonder building is key to winning culturally.

Domination

UA- Iklwa
UU- Keshik
UU- Chu Ko Nu

Religious

UA- Druidic Lore
UA- Patriarchate of Constantinople
UB- Stele

Ducal stable
Assyrian library UB
Keshiks

Ottoman UA
German UA
Any third thing you want (Aztec UA for me)

Desert start bias to get DF/holy warriors

And you'll have nearly a hammer free military.

Sun Never Sets
Ship of the Line
Sea Beggar
Coastal Start Bias

Father Governs Children
Polder
Floating Garden
Marsh-River/Lake Start Bias

Winged Hussar
Keshik
Ducal Stables
Plains/Horse(if that's a thing) Start Bias

Royal Library
Impi
Misketeer
Any Start Bias

Wow, so many nice combos here :)

Yeah, making a mod would be funny, but as mentioned there are some technical nuances to consider, like more than one UA, leader etc.

If the Mayan civ had lasted a little bit longer:

UA1: The Long Count
UA2: Ingenuity
UB: Coffee House

Wow, so many nice combos here :)

Yeah, making a mod would be funny, but as mentioned there are some technical nuances to consider, like more than one UA, leader etc.

I've played around with modding a little bit, and mods like this would be pretty easy. You could create a new leader, but if you wanted to be lazy you could also just use an existing image. For creating a super UA, you just copy the UAs for both civs and put it in the UA file. You don't create multiple UAs, but just create one big UA, and these civs would be pretty easy to make.

For creating a super UA, you just copy the UAs for both civs and put it in the UA file. You don't create multiple UAs, but just create one big UA, and these civs would be pretty easy to make.
Maybe I misunderstood, but doesn't the problem lie in the fact that players want to combine the elements by themselves? You can put a combined civ into the files from the beginning, but we won't be able to enter the game and start "shopping" by choosing and picking the unique aspects based on our preferences at that moment.

Air Superiority
UA: Ships of the Desert (Double oil)
UU: B-17
UU: Zero (no longer requires oil)
Desert Start Bias

Maybe I misunderstood, but doesn't the problem lie in the fact that players want to combine the elements by themselves? You can put a combined civ into the files from the beginning, but we won't be able to enter the game and start "shopping" by choosing and picking the unique aspects based on our preferences at that moment.

I mean, it would require modding and creating a unique civ, so it wouldn't be effortless. It would be a separate mod for each civ, and there's no shortcut in program to create a civ of your choice. Just, as far as mods go, this wouldn't be too much work. Just replace, say, America with the civ you want, modify it so that it no longer has UUs and change its UA to some triple threat UA, and then play the game loading up your mod. Then play as a super fun civ!

It would be the same as creating any other civilization in a mod, only this mod would require less work than most, because none of the coding would need to be unique. It's complete copy/paste.

Domination

UA- Iklwa
UU- Keshik
UU- Chu Ko Nu

The CKN paired with Keshik is actually sort of pointless. There's no way they could catch up, and the battle would be over by the time the Chu's got there. And the whole point of a keshik swarm is that nobody takes damage. The Chus would just become meat shields.

The best dominations imo would be:

UU: Keshik
UU: Mandekalu Cavalry

Clean everyone up and destroy cities without taking damage with the Keshik. Swoop in for the take with the no penalty against cities Cavalry.

or

UU: Keshik
UU: Carolean

Oh, you thought you were safe after my Keshiks are growing old? Think again.

I mean, it would require modding and creating a unique civ, so it wouldn't be effortless. It would be a separate mod for each civ, and there's no shortcut in program to create a civ of your choice. Just, as far as mods go, this wouldn't be too much work. Just replace, say, America with the civ you want, modify it so that it no longer has UUs and change its UA to some triple threat UA, and then play the game loading up your mod. Then play as a super fun civ!

It would be the same as creating any other civilization in a mod, only this mod would require less work than most, because none of the coding would need to be unique. It's complete copy/paste.
I see your point. Surely, anyone who is skilled at modding can combine the civs easily. But an average player getting the mod through subscriptions won't have such kind of flexibility. He/she will end up with pre-selected combo civs instead of entering the game and creating different combo civs depending on the mood, and this is the limitation I`m talking about.

Top Bottom