Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Joan of Arc, too. I wish somebody made an alternative french leaderhead...

by the way, before changing anything, I think you should use France.
You said that with Rome you suffered German and French strength, with Germany suffered Franch strength....with France what?

Rhye said:
with France what?
I just try France like that and GodDamnIt i'm a GOD :eek: :lol: ... Very very easy and very effective. It doesn't make any sense... Anyway i know you will fix it... maybe if you remove some Grassland and Wine :rolleyes: Or make them start with only one tech...
There is a camp near Paris and i found a settler... so i start the game with two town :confused: I can produce Warrior very quickly and beat Spain and Austria after only a couple turn... This is fun but not fun when i'm not the French :lol:
I have play till 260bc and beleive me, i am very strong compare to the other nation...

I'm going to look for an other leaderhead for the French and Change the diplomacy a little bit if you don't matter.I will try to do it myself cause i'm a Graphic designer after all and i know i can do things like that... I just need to know what program people use to do that(leaderhead) and everything should be perfect.

I will give you some feedback about the :crazyeye: french :lol: around 1000bc soon.

Poser ? I don't know any program with this name but i will take a look and make it if i can find it. About french... :lol: I've stop my game cause it's ridiculous :lol: :lol: :lol: I've never been strong like that and to be right, i don't really like it when it's toooo easy :rolleyes:

Very funny the French :lol: :lol: :lol: In real life they suck but in the game they are the MOST POWERFULL NATION :crazyeye:

The animated head are in FLC format... i have look for a program that can edit FLC file but the only **** i can find is some program that i have to pay like 50$ and i don't want to pay for that. I will take a look on Edonkey and Suprnova, maybe i could find something there but for now, i give up and i will restart the process tomorrow.

I will try to find a picture of Louis XIV but don't you know he's really ugly and not attractive for 1 cent. :lol:
Maybe Napoleon will be the best choice of all... :king:

I will do this leaderhead even if i need a month... Jeanne d'arc will be out of this mod :mad:

BTW : About the french victory... they had win a war in November/6/1792 in the city of Mons but that was about it.. they never win after this victory.

Against the Germany... no resistance at all and no fight... i think thats why i say they suck.

o and did you know that... My country (Quebec/Canada) have win a war in 1804 against England... We were 3500 Quebecer against 15 000 English... We own them all the way and that's why i can speak french today :D So if we really want to make a realistic mod... you should make the Iroquois stronger then the american/England and make the Iroquois even more peacefull cause thats what we are thats what we always been :) but i'm joking here about the irquois, i know lot of people think we can't fight in canada but thats all wrong... bring it on !!! :)

I love this mod and want to thank Rhye and the other contributors for all their hard work. I have found a small bug on 2.46 playing the Ottomans. Couldn't upgrade galleons to transport or Sipahi to Tanks. Cavalry did upgrade to tanks however which I don't think is intended.

Thanks again.

Iboltscrew (& Rhye) -> Intersting! I've played the game a couple of times, and I've never seen France dominate like that. Usualy the Spanish or Romans colonize southern France. Have you tried playing a nation that isn't in Europe, and see how they 8the French) develop? Perhaps something in your playing style favours France over the other nations? I'm playing germany right now, and the French only have Bretagne left... :king:

Rhye said:
lachlan, you were perphaps the one who was most requesting the random map...did you like it?

After few tries, i found that random is very good :)

Challenging, hard, funny :goodjob:

Rhye said:
What? They never win?
They conquered most of Europe during Napoleon. And won WWI.

In your game, are your french cities overpopulated or overproducing or both?
Overpopulated... it make them overproducing...

About the WW2... Did you remember who save France in Normandy... That was Canada and america... The first to reach Normandy was the quebecer and we were the first to win the beach :lol: That's the truth... for sure the USA will say that was them but WHO WAS AT THE FRONT LINE ? The french canadian !!! My people !!! So... did France win or we save them...i must say that we save them. Anyway we could talk about that a lot more but i don't think it's a good idea... everyone have his opinion about the WW2 but the truth about Normandy was that we save them for German invasion. Ask the Normandy people who save them... most of them will say the Quebecois (french canadian). Our slogan is "Je me souviens" (mean : i remember)... and it was all about Normandy ;)

Iztvan said:
Iboltscrew (& Rhye) -> Intersting! I've played the game a couple of times, and I've never seen France dominate like that. Usualy the Spanish or Romans colonize southern France. Have you tried playing a nation that isn't in Europe, and see how they 8the French) develop? Perhaps something in your playing style favours France over the other nations? I'm playing germany right now, and the French only have Bretagne left... :king:
I've try to play with america and Iroquois but it's not the same situation... Cause with america, i don't meet france before 1500-1600. Anyway, playing with America, Iroquois, Aztec or Inca really suck... it's like playing alone for a couple hour to realize later that everyone is stronger then you. :rolleyes:

If you attack france at start and keep them busy with War, it's not gonna happen... but if you play like me as a peacekeeper and try to avoid war at any cost, France will become stronger then you and if france become stronger, Jeanne d'arc will become Annoyed or furious without any reason. At this point, it's very hard to play against them. Maybe there is something in my game that make france Hate me :lol: joking :lol: Maybe it's because i like them in real life but hate them in my game.. i don't know !!!

Rhye, another thing about the way i play... My governement is always Depotisme until i discover Democracy... i always play Democracy... Maybe it's all about that.

Frnknsalsa ->
Thank you. I wanted galleon not upgradeable but only obsolete to transport, as I want cavalry, hussars, sipahi etc. not upgradeable but obsolete to tanks instead. The thing I missed is unchecking "upgrade" in Cavalry. You were right, that wasn't intended. I will fix it.

ibcoltscrew -> I know in WW2 France sucked. But their importance in history has no doubt. In XVIII and XIX Centuries it was perhaps the most important nation of the world, tied with England.

everybody else -> so what's with France? Overpowered or not? Iztvan opinion doesn't matter, because he could beat anybody even with Zulu ;)

ibcoltscrew -> I will add the leaderhead to the mod only in case it is an high quality 3D animated leaderhead, like the sween32's or the R8FXT's. If that isn't the case, it will remain an optional. I would have prefered Louis XIV because he's more representative of France than Napoleon, who instead lasted only 20 years. But if you find Napoleon easier, that's ok for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom