Frequently Asked Questions

I've been away so long from FfH 2 that I actually had to consult this topic. :p
But I cant seem to find the answer I am looking for.

What does the 3/6 STR of a Giant Tortoise mean? I'm guessing its Attack/Defense?

You got it, new feature added in the current version.

I know spirit 3, and sorcery are required, dingbat! :p

I meant why is it greyed out most of the time.

I figured out why, so I thought I might as well post it here;

You need to cast it from your civ's capitol. Probably because this is where most of the delegates of other nations meet with you at.

my memory's already blurry, but i'm fairly certain I tried within just a normal city already, and it didn't work. Still greyed out.

Guess it wouldn't hurt to replace the ?? in the appropriate wiki, yar?

Nikis-Knight is correct:

Code:
def reqTrust(caster):
	if not canCast(caster):
		return False
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	if pPlot.isCity() == False:
		return False
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
	if pPlayer.getBuildingClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDINGCLASS_TRUST')) > 0:
		return False
	pCity = pPlot.getPlotCity()
	if pCity.getOwner() != caster.getOwner():
		return False
	return True

It can be any of your cities. Though there really isn't any reason for the caster to have to be in a city to cast the spell. I'll change it in 0.22 so it can be cast anywhere.

Will the Armageddon Counter eventually replace building certain wonders? (like wrath unleashed)

(I'm personally hoping yes!)

Will the Armageddon Counter eventually replace building certain wonders? (like wrath unleashed)

(I'm personally hoping yes!)

Yes, it already does (Wrath Unleashed was removed in version 0.20 and replaced with the effect from the armageddon counter).

I dont know if this has already been asked, if so, my apologies, am tired..

What is the ETA of .22?

We just finished a large multiplayer game (9 players) and it was with .16, and we would love to get a crack at fire, but currently the overpower of ring of flames and the rest of the damage spells have us waiting out for the caps on them...

Seriously? :D We've been waiting for just that to happen... even gotten a new player, so looking at a 10-player multiplayer funfun..

What do all the tiny little buttons do? They are miniscule and right over the normal civ 4 buttons, such as explore, go-to, etc.

In 0.22 is there any benefit to capturing Elephants? I have captured a couple but discovered they won't attack anything. And as far as I know there is no Pen for them. Is there any reason I should keep them around (besides early defense)?

Can I create my own Lion Dens from captured Lions?

23. Added the BUILDING_MAX_BONUSES_NEEDED global define and set it to 3. Meaning any building only needs 3 of its bonus requirements to be built (ie: Lesser towers will only need 3 of their 4 bonus requirements to be built).
Does this apply to the Grand Menagerie as well? Some animals seem very very rare at times. In my first .22 game I finally caught a Gorilla (first ever!) but a Wolve Pack ate him before I could protect him with my Hunter. (perhaps barb animals shouldnt attack animals that still have the hidden nationality promotion?)

another thing, I've been wondering, is what are the conditions for the capture game mechanic to work?

Namely, I've noticed that domination spell works just fine with hidden nationality, but command ane subdue animal don't seem to. (haven't tried slavery or taskmaster, yet)

Maybe it's just a matter of preception... but I haven't caught a single animal, nor converted any foes, and since I'm a huge fan of council of esus, I build just about every important unit in my capitol (where I just happen to build nearly all my wonders)... most units with capture ability also has HN.

...but that combination doesn't seem to work. Is this a bug? Intended by design?

Either way, is there any other limits to the capture ability that should be known?

Methods of capture that rely on combat don't work if the capturing unit has hidden nationality--build your weres and inquisitors elsewhere.
Domination I guess still works since it bypasses normal combat. Feature or oversight, I'm not sure, but I think it balances out with domination's downside.

edit: The wiki is good with the mechanics of capture, btw.

Top Bottom