Fox-05: The RNGod Strikes Back

The game is refusing to upload atm, and I don't know why. I have to go to work now however, so I'll look at it this afternoon, but the set's highlights were the two tribal objectives I completed, and the fact that Brennus seems to want to kill us...

Your upload directory is probably full. Delete some old files and you should be able to upload fine. Happened to me before too.

vra, your report is way overdue. Quite frankly, I am getting tired of this routine of (a) not posting a got it within 24 hrs, (b) posting something to give the impression that you have played after 48hrs from your got it, and (c) yet no report can be seen at 72nd hour. I really think you are a fun guy when you actually do play, but this consistent behavior of keeping everyone waiting is not fun.

The next player (Ozbenno) is free to grab the save from my report.

Agreed. I think mabye I should retire till BTS comes out at least.

Speaking of retiring, that may be what the RNGod wishes for all of us...
-------------

After the failed coup d'etat, I sat alone and miserable in my mud hut, atleast till I heard that I was suddenly up. Rushing from my chair, I tripped and hit my head, and heard HIS words.

I saw a magical die roll, and saw two twos flash upon it, which swiftly cut to a picture of 5 gravestones...then, I rolled another two, and saw a city in ruins...

Smiling, I ran to fulfill HIS wordz.

So yes, we moved on Utica, and I added the GG to get that tribal done. I then got to defeat five enemies in twenty turns for tribal and to capture a city for personal.

Well. Isn't this grand synergy?

On Turn 1 I blasted my way into Kerkouane and razed the place, taking two riflemen with no losses. Two down, three to go...

Turn Two saw Brennus pop by to chat. I offered him crackers, but he said he wantd our head on a platter...but, no immenent invasions were forthcoming...

Turn Three saw our latest Tech come in, and Economics was selected by me. (The tech's now due in 4 turns - Wow, what an economic turn around!)

Turn Four was dreary, I basically moved on Utica...

Turn Five saw me killing a Frig of Hannibal's I believe at 32% chance or so, which adds another point - just two kills left!

Turn 6 saw me reach the walls of Hippo...and the conclusion was forgone...

I rolled a 5 and 6, which is learn two techs no-one knows. I laughed and went to pour a Whisky.

Turn Seven saw Carhage and Utica come into play. They had high pops, so I whipped Pavillions, with the overflow into libaries and courts. They'll be good cities when they exapnd a bit culturally.

Turn Eight...taking the RNGod's advice, I went to beg Civs to give us techs for free...no such luck...In anger, I whip a court in Carthage.

Turn Nine was uneventful...Turn Ten saw a new play become peopular in the Incan lands - called The Death of a Beggar, it became a hit on Broadway and won six Capac's.

So, we have a GE sleeping, and Carthage looks about done, except for that capital. Perhaps we should make peace?

The Save: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/25465/Fox-05_AD-1798.CivWarlordsSave

vra, I am not asking or suggesting you to retire. I am asking you to respect the 24/48 etiquette. If you know you can't play within 48 hrs, just ask for a swap, totally no problem with that. I don't see how BTS coming out would change things.

Good job completing 2 tribal in a turnset. We should take peace when Brennus is willing to part with some of the techs, and try to catch up in the tech game. Trade often. Ultimately, I suspect we need to take on HC as well.

As the save is dated 1798AD, I don't think you'd played 10 turns. I think you played only 9 turns. So I adjusted the remaining number of turns for tribal to 32 turns instead 31.

--

Tribal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • (N.A) Acquire a religion ~ started:4000BC, completed: 3070BC, 31 turns.
  • (4x2) Learn 2 techs in the next age ~ started:3070BC, failed after 35 turns, punishment: (5) Empty all cities for (1d6=3) turns, done
  • (6x6) Obtain (1d6=1)+2 more new resources ~ started:1990BC, completed: 1150BC, 29/30 turns
  • (1x2) Build a Wonder or Project ~ started: 1150BC, failed after 40 turns, punishment: (2) Whip all cities, done
  • (1x5) Promote a unit (1d6=3) times ~ started: 475BC, declared failed after 10 turns, punishment: (3) move (1d6=1) unit to the northmost point, done
  • (12) Spread a religion to (1d6=1)+3 cities ~ started: 325BC, completed:185AD, 34/50 turns
  • (1x2) Build a wonder or project ~ started: 185AD, completed: 860AD, 45/45 turns
  • (1x6) Capture or found (1d6=4) cities ~ started: 860AD, completed: 1274AD, 45/50 turns
  • (1x3) Learn 2 techs that enables wonder or religion ~ started: 1274AD, completed: 1322AD, 6/50 turns
  • (12) Spread a religion to (1d6=3)+3 cities~ started: 1322AD, completed: 1532AD, 35/45 turns
  • (3x3) Capture a capitol or size (1d6)+5 city~ started: 1532AD, completed: 1586AD, 26/40 turns
  • (1x6) Capture or found (1d6=2) cities~ started: 1586AD, completed: 1607, 9/30 turns
  • (5x5) Capture a city with wonder or shrine~ started: 1607AD, failed after 30 turns, punishment: (5) Empty all cities for (1d6=4) turns, done
  • (4x5) Get something for free from other Civ~ started: 1697AD, completed: 1734AD, 13/40 turns
  • (3x6) Add (1d6=4)+10 xp to a single unit~ started: 1734AD, completed: 1780AD, 23/30 turns
  • (2x2) kill (1d6=5) enemies~ started: 1780AD, completed: 1792AD, 6/25 turns
  • (5x6) Learn 2 techs no one knows~ started: 1792AD, yet-to-complete, 32(total: 35) turns remaining, 2 more techs

Personal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • Rex: (2) Capture or found a city ~ failed, punishment: (1) All workers to stay inside cities simultaneously for 1 turn, done
  • Fox: (5) Have a culture pop ~ failed, punishment: (3) Change civics or state religion, done
  • Ozbenno: (4) Spread a religion ~ failed, punishment: (4) whipped away (1d6=2) pop, done
  • vra379971: (2) Capture or Found a city ~ founded Guangzhou
  • Omni Paul: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Masonry learnt
  • Ruff: (6) Get 300 gold ~ failed, punishment: (5) play (1d6=5) turns less, done
  • Berserks01: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Guangzhou
  • Fox: (2) Capture or found a city ~ Bantu captured
  • Rex: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Alphabet
  • Ozbenno: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Drama
  • vra: (6) Get 15 exp ~ failed, punishment: (4) whip away (1d6=2) pop, done
  • Ruff: (6) Increase (1d6=2)x3 exp ~ succeed
  • ChrTh: (6) Increase (1d6=5)x100 gold ~ succeed
  • Rex: (6) Increase (1d6=1)x3 exp ~ succeed
  • Berserks: (3) Learn a tech ~ Calendar
  • Fox: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Nanjing
  • Ozbenno: (1) kill (1d6=5) enemies ~ succeed
  • Vra: (1) kill (1d6=1) enemies ~ succeed
  • Rex: (4) Spread a Religion ~ karakorum
  • Berserks: (3) Learn a tech ~ Civil Service
  • Fox: (5) Have a culture pop ~ succeeded
  • Ozbenno: (5) Improve an AI's attitude ~ Hannibal (Annoyed > Cautious)
  • Vra: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Angle
  • Ruff: (6) Increase (1d6=2)x100 gold ~ succeed
  • Berserks: (5) Have a culture pop ~ succeeded
  • Rex: (6) Increase (1d6=1)x100 gold ~ succeed
  • Fox: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Old Sara
  • Vra: (2) Capture or Found a City ~ Hippo captured

Roster
  • GreyFox == Rein in the horny stead of Sir tyrannus
  • vra379971 == Completed 2 tribals
  • Ozbenno == UP
  • Ruff == Overdosed of Kim-Chi Harms Your Concentration
  • Berserkers == Emptied our cities
  • Rex == Wastes no time in completing objectives
    [*]ChrTh == 3 bucks richer but can only stare at Warlords disc ...
    [*]Omni_Paul == Missing, probably acting somewhere

Useful links:
Reporting Ground Rules

The most important rule is reports should be funny. Also, you should provide adequate details (preferably screenshots) on how an objective is achieved. Normal SG etiquette applies. Standard 24hrs to post a got it, 48hrs to play and report.

SO TELL ME BLOKE DO YOU FEEL HAPPY?

NO, THAT'S NOT RIGHT

FEELING HORNY DUDE?

DEFINATELY NOT

I KNOW, DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNKY BREWSTER?

Master

NOT NOW OZBENNO, I'M JUST DOING MY KILLER CLINT EASTWOOD IMPRESSION

But they're here

OH HI, I'M THE RNGOD, YOU MAY REMEMBER ME FROM SUCH TURNS AS, WELL THE LAST ONE AND THE ONE BEFORE THAT. I'M JUST HERE TO GIVE OZBENNO THE INCONTINENT HIS TASK BEFORE SLIPPING OF FOR A LITTLE BIT OF MONKEY BUSINESS

AS YOU WERE THEN

Spoiler :

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1080749
= 2 = Capture or found a city

OK, now some thoughts about our tribal. There are 4 techs we can currently research, all are known by the AI. We've 2 turns on Nationalism to go, so something may open up there. Considering Huayana has infantry :cry: I don't think so.

Hmm, first turn in, a city working 2 gold coins builds a bank. Top effort that :lol:.

OK Nationalism in. Here's the worst plan you've ever heard ;) . Huayana has Assembly Line and Railroad. Someone has Democracy. The only real chance I see is Scientific Method, Physics and just maybe Flight or Electricity may open.

We're going to have to take down Huayana if we're any chance in this game and the only way I see it happening is with tanks, so SciMeth is on the way.

Utica revolts to Huayana. Not that surprising as it was garrisoned by a cannon only and is in his cultural control and wasn't building military :nono: . Couldn't whip a defender in time.

I take two of his cities, leaving him with this. It is going to be a . .. .. .. .. . to take but if we don't we're going to have to leave huge garrisons to stop a flip :mad:

He will capitulate but I also don't think that will help. If we could extort tech from him that would be good but vassals is a broken concept and you can't. He won't voluntarily give up a tech so we're left with this.

We may want to re-visit Hannibal if we ever get a navy.

We're still way behind in any category you may care to mention and I don't see how the RNGOD is going to get us out of this one, but he will :please:

I played 11 to even the turns up as well.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/88650/Fox-05_AD-1815.CivWarlordsSave

We might stand a chance if we take out HC ... however impossible that is ...

Well, as ridiculous as it sounds, based on the way the AI wages war, we can take on a lot more force than we think we might be able to. Build some good defensive units and put them in forests near Incan cities and let him throw his troops at us for about 10 turns. Then, once he's exhausted his reserves, whip every city we have to just pile bodies against his walls. Eventually, we can put a significant dent in the Incan empire to slow down his wild lead on everyone. The trick is to do it without crippling our own development.

Edit: While in our defensive mode, pillage every cottage and resource he has. That will make us rich while really kicking him in the nuts.

To do that, we'd need Machine Guns at the very least. Alot of them. Then again, a stack of Ten MG's does very well even offensively. We can pillage his Oil if he has any.

I think the crucial thing is cannons. Build tons of cannons.

Ozzy, did you had a pet monkey? Good job training him to do all those poses ....

--

Tribal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • (N.A) Acquire a religion ~ started:4000BC, completed: 3070BC, 31 turns.
  • (4x2) Learn 2 techs in the next age ~ started:3070BC, failed after 35 turns, punishment: (5) Empty all cities for (1d6=3) turns, done
  • (6x6) Obtain (1d6=1)+2 more new resources ~ started:1990BC, completed: 1150BC, 29/30 turns
  • (1x2) Build a Wonder or Project ~ started: 1150BC, failed after 40 turns, punishment: (2) Whip all cities, done
  • (1x5) Promote a unit (1d6=3) times ~ started: 475BC, declared failed after 10 turns, punishment: (3) move (1d6=1) unit to the northmost point, done
  • (12) Spread a religion to (1d6=1)+3 cities ~ started: 325BC, completed:185AD, 34/50 turns
  • (1x2) Build a wonder or project ~ started: 185AD, completed: 860AD, 45/45 turns
  • (1x6) Capture or found (1d6=4) cities ~ started: 860AD, completed: 1274AD, 45/50 turns
  • (1x3) Learn 2 techs that enables wonder or religion ~ started: 1274AD, completed: 1322AD, 6/50 turns
  • (12) Spread a religion to (1d6=3)+3 cities~ started: 1322AD, completed: 1532AD, 35/45 turns
  • (3x3) Capture a capitol or size (1d6)+5 city~ started: 1532AD, completed: 1586AD, 26/40 turns
  • (1x6) Capture or found (1d6=2) cities~ started: 1586AD, completed: 1607, 9/30 turns
  • (5x5) Capture a city with wonder or shrine~ started: 1607AD, failed after 30 turns, punishment: (5) Empty all cities for (1d6=4) turns, done
  • (4x5) Get something for free from other Civ~ started: 1697AD, completed: 1734AD, 13/40 turns
  • (3x6) Add (1d6=4)+10 xp to a single unit~ started: 1734AD, completed: 1780AD, 23/30 turns
  • (2x2) kill (1d6=5) enemies~ started: 1780AD, completed: 1792AD, 6/25 turns
  • (5x6) Learn 2 techs no one knows~ started: 1792AD, yet-to-complete, 21(total: 35) turns remaining, 2 more techs

Personal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • Rex: (2) Capture or found a city ~ failed, punishment: (1) All workers to stay inside cities simultaneously for 1 turn, done
  • Fox: (5) Have a culture pop ~ failed, punishment: (3) Change civics or state religion, done
  • Ozbenno: (4) Spread a religion ~ failed, punishment: (4) whipped away (1d6=2) pop, done
  • vra379971: (2) Capture or Found a city ~ founded Guangzhou
  • Omni Paul: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Masonry learnt
  • Ruff: (6) Get 300 gold ~ failed, punishment: (5) play (1d6=5) turns less, done
  • Berserks01: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Guangzhou
  • Fox: (2) Capture or found a city ~ Bantu captured
  • Rex: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Alphabet
  • Ozbenno: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Drama
  • vra: (6) Get 15 exp ~ failed, punishment: (4) whip away (1d6=2) pop, done
  • Ruff: (6) Increase (1d6=2)x3 exp ~ succeed
  • ChrTh: (6) Increase (1d6=5)x100 gold ~ succeed
  • Rex: (6) Increase (1d6=1)x3 exp ~ succeed
  • Berserks: (3) Learn a tech ~ Calendar
  • Fox: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Nanjing
  • Ozbenno: (1) kill (1d6=5) enemies ~ succeed
  • Vra: (1) kill (1d6=1) enemies ~ succeed
  • Rex: (4) Spread a Religion ~ karakorum
  • Berserks: (3) Learn a tech ~ Civil Service
  • Fox: (5) Have a culture pop ~ succeeded
  • Ozbenno: (5) Improve an AI's attitude ~ Hannibal (Annoyed > Cautious)
  • Vra: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Angle
  • Ruff: (6) Increase (1d6=2)x100 gold ~ succeed
  • Berserks: (5) Have a culture pop ~ succeeded
  • Rex: (6) Increase (1d6=1)x100 gold ~ succeed
  • Fox: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Old Sara
  • Vra: (2) Capture or Found a City ~ Hippo captured
  • Ozbenno: (2) Capture or Found a City ~ Hadrumentum captured

Roster
  • GreyFox == Rein in the horny stead of Sir tyrannus
  • vra379971 == Completed 2 tribals
  • Ozbenno == Peace bringer
  • Ruff == Up for some rebuild
  • Berserkers == Emptied our cities
  • Rex == Wastes no time in completing objectives
    [*]ChrTh == 3 bucks richer but can only stare at Warlords disc ...
    [*]Omni_Paul == Missing, probably acting somewhere

Useful links:
Reporting Ground Rules

The most important rule is reports should be funny. Also, you should provide adequate details (preferably screenshots) on how an objective is achieved. Normal SG etiquette applies. Standard 24hrs to post a got it, 48hrs to play and report.

oh yeah ~ that is true. personally, i love building MGs for the little while they are the state of the art.

oh, by the way, this game is sucking it up :lol: now THATS offensive ;)

Top Bottom