Will there be a Civ Revolution for the iPhone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorinache

Chieftain
Just wondering - I don't know how the two compare, but I suspect the newer iPhones have about the same power as a Nintendo DS. Does anyone know whether Civ Revolution will be ported to the iPhone ?

IIRC, the iPhone has a more powerful processor. But i doubt it will come to the iPhone or iPod Touch anytime soon.

Moderator Action: Moved to the CivRev forum.

I have not seen any indication that Firaxis plans to do this, so I would categorize such a proposal as a long shot. I presume Firaxis has turned its sights on something new...

While I would love to see CivRev (or ANY Civ, for that matter) ported to the iPhone/Touch, I am realistic enough to know that:
  • The controller is completely different from that used for the existing versions. They would have to come up with a completely different method of handling that.
  • A completely new set of graphics would have to be produced.
  • Probably most important: CivRev is in Firaxis' rear-view mirror. They are well on to other things.

I don't have Nintendo DS and don't plan to get one.

If they make a version for iPhone, I will buy it. :)

A lot of the graphics are the DS graphics. ;)

They did do a decent job with the interface. Personally, it's a little clumsy, but probably the best that can be done with a purely touch-screen interface.

And it looks like the port was done by 2K-China. Firaxis would have had oversight, but probably most of the Civ dev team was not involved.

And since they did release it for the iPhone/Touch, I'll close this thread and point to the new one. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom