[BtS] "Extra"

how about the "raider" unit in Crossroad of world? I really like it, it's more interesting than privateer(we can burn down them without war!). Perhaps we can have one between chariot and horse archer and another between curassier and cavalry.

Yes we need some sort of unregular amies for weaking rivals and captures citieswithout declaring war....

Another suggestion: perhaps we should add building effect to new bonus for balance?
for example:
Olive +1 Happy with Market
Tea +1 Health with Grocer
Cotton +1 Happy with Theater or +1 Health with Supermarket
Salt +1 Health with Granary
Hit Football Events +1 Happy with Broadcast Tower

Hi,Chiyu.

Thank you,it is a fantastic mod.I have really enjoyed it.

I just wonder whether it is possible for you to provide the files which you have changed or fixed compared to the last version when you update your mod,because I have done some customisation by myself based on your mod.Everytime when you renew your mod, I have to do it again because you have only provided the full version.

So if it is possible,I will really appreciate! Thanks.

hi chiyu, I actually have the same problem as caether so if you could do that, that would really be great. In your mod you let the apostolic palace build 3 papal pikemen upon construction. How did you implement that, because I actually wanted to do the same with a different wonder, but couldn't find it. Thnx and keep up the good work :)

I was thinking more along the lines of the culturial regions like in EDUs, but it is your mod. There are some great flavor musketman out there like for say, the Mesoamerican civs, or middle eastern Riflemen.

Just making sure you see my post Chiyu.

@Sword of Geddon:
Yeah I saw your post ;). I always prefer to wait a while before replying, so I can reply to a lot of posts at the same time (I don't want the topic to get unorganized).
Anyway... It's a difficult thing to decide on. There are two ways to differentiate unit graphics; by cultural regions (Meso-American, European, Asian, Middle-Eastern and Greco-Roman) or by individual nation (American, French, English, German, Russian, Chinese and Japanese being the most common). Obviously, the early units get divided by cultural regions, while in the more modern ages, some nations have their own, unique graphic (mostly from the WW2 mod). The real question is: where do we draw the line between 'culture groups' and 'nations'? It needs to be somewhat historically accurate. From the musketman and onwards, from the rifleman and onwards or from the infantry and onwards? What do you (and others) think would be the best choice?.. I hope you understand what I mean..

@Kalimakhus & caether:
Yeah I'll keep that in mind. However, the next version will fix a very disturbing bug (by deleting a folder), so I have no choice but to upload the full version once more. But after that, I could make little patches yeah. :)

@vean (1) & Lachlan:
Good idea! I added it (but only the weakest version, because I don't want them to be a real threat... pillaging is annoying enough already). Since the Raider unit from Crossroads of the World uses the same graphic as the Carthaginian UU, I used another graphic for it though. I picked the mounted Hypaspist, a very nice unit done by White Rabbit.

@vean(2):
Ah yes, good that you bring this up. Indeed, the five new resources were a little underpowered compared to the others. I'll go with your suggestion, except let the olive give Health instead of Happiness (they say that the usage of maaaany olives and olive oil is the secret for the long lives people have in the mediterranean!). Come to think of it, could Olives/Tea/Salt/Cotton be used for any of the Corporations? Any thoughts on that?

@Berenthor:
Sorry for not replying sooner to your first question. By all means, feel free to use my mod as a starting point for your own! I'd be my honour ;).

I did this through an event. This event gives you three Papal Pikemen after you built the Apostolic Palace (sometimes instantly, sometimes in a few turns). This event only gets triggered when you have the Apostolic Palace building in one of your cities. I suggest you take a look at Kael's Modders Guide to Beyond the Sword and read paragraphs 15.1 and 15.2. If you still can't figure it out after that, then I'd gladly help you do it :).

General information:
I worked very hard today (just like every day of the past week hehe) and added two tank units from the WW2 mod (Light Tank and Heavy Tank). Had to readjust their stats a bit to fit them in the epic game. I took advantage of the large amount of skins/models WW2: The Road to War has (plus a couple from the downloads section at Civfanatics :)) to create flavor graphics for the tanks and planes! You can expect this and more in version 2.5 by tomorrow!

Screenshots:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I'd stop at Rifleman, since thats the last unit where cultural diversity was apparent in units. Infantry units apart from some miner differences, looked very similiar and still do today, although its your mod and I wouldn't mind cultural infantry either. ;)

Okay, up till rifleman sounds good to me ;).
Since it's your department, you can do the Musketmen, Cuirassiers, Cavalry, Grenadiers and Riflemen if you want :). Cuirassier would be the hardest, I'll bet..

thanks for doing these great additions to the mod...would it be possible to add in the cruiser from the WWII mod plus maybe a WWII carrier to even out the navval side abit. again thanks for the great work!!

Okay, up till rifleman sounds good to me ;).
Since it's your department, you can do the Musketmen, Cuirassiers, Cavalry, Grenadiers and Riflemen if you want :). Cuirassier would be the hardest, I'll bet..

Well I don't know how to add units but I'll find them for you here goes:

Mesoamerican Musketman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6096

Mesoamerican Rifleman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6112

Mesoamerican Cuirassier: No unit exists

Mesoamerican Cavalry: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6100

Middle Eastern Musketman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4135&act=down

Middle Eastern Cuirassier: No Unit Exists

Middle Eastern Rifleman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5954

Middle Eastern Cavalry: No Unit Exists

Asian Musketman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4178

Asian Rifleman: No Unit exists

No Cuirassier or Cavalry models exist as of yet.

If anyone knows the location of any units on this list I don't know about feel free to chime in.

For companys... In fact almost here's no "Plantation resources" used by company. Perhaps it's a design rule? In fact I don't like this rule, but we should keep most under the same rule as Fraxis guys did.

So the only resource needs to be used is salt. In my opinion, Mills or Sushi is a good option -- they need salt.
Olive perhaps can be used in the company which produce the oil. (they used sugar in this company, so the "no plantation" rule is broken here...)

If we want to break the rule to make "plantation resources" more useful, we can add something like these:
"Clothing Company(pick some of cotton, silk, dyes, sheep, furs)"
"Fast Food Company(pick some of wheat, corn, rice, cow, pig, sheep, fish, salt)
"East Indian Company(pick some of tea, spices, incense, ivory, silk, sugar)
"Internatinal Media Company"(musical, football, movie, music)
"Generic Energy Compan"(uranium, oil, coal)
"Worldmart"(pick some from banana, olive, wine and resources never used by other companys)
"Great Gamble Gompany"(horse, football and ...what? I have no idea, but sounds interesting)
And I want to add whale to sushi too...everybody know japanese shot whales for sushi.

Let every resource can be used by company is very interesting(that means we can trade everything as much as possible in diplomacy!).

I'm interested in the Arathnid (spider) unit that's in not less than three mods: Defense, Gods of Old AND FfH: Age of Ice.. Does anyone have a creative idea what I could do with it? Maybe a unique barbarian animal of which there can only be one or two on each map?
Maybe put it as a unit in some mutant technology in future era ? :)

Please, no more units. Heavy swordsmen and peltasts are already virtually useless and add no tactic value to the game imho. Horsemen look interesting, but personally I never use them. Improving late game content seems more reasonable to me. For example, clone units are too cheap as cities at this point can produce more hammers per turn than they cost, at least on normal. I'd rather see unit similar to 'modern soldier' usa military appears to dream about. But, that may be out of scope of this mod pack, as I understand it's only collection of content from other mods.

Please, no more units. Heavy swordsmen and peltasts are already virtually useless and add no tactic value to the game imho. Horsemen look interesting, but personally I never use them. Improving late game content seems more reasonable to me. For example, clone units are too cheap as cities at this point can produce more hammers per turn than they cost, at least on normal. I'd rather see unit similar to 'modern soldier' usa military appears to dream about. But, that may be out of scope of this mod pack, as I understand it's only collection of content from other mods.

Tottaly agree.

It's interesting how so Many people want more Units in the Upper Teirs Of Technology... I found a Quit a few that made Picking units to place in a City defense a tedious Pain.. Hmm I Need these jets for incoming jet fighters and bombers, and these Calvary Units To Handle Infantry, And these infantry for this.. And Ohh wait those infantry are weak aganst THESE Cavalry Units I'll need a Few... Omg give me a break lol I like tactics But I came for the coffee and Cheif Special Breakfast dang it, lol Adding Flavor unit Models Is AWSOME but Keep things Simple, Spending HOURS deciding a turn Gets Frustrating at times, Veriaty is good. But too much of any good thing can get tedious... Glad This mod thinking outside the box :)

Top Bottom