[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Well, you've waited long enough!

Now These have not yet been tested fully...So feedback will be apreciated!
I have attempted to rebalance my numbers to accomodate the addtions made by Overlord 2, and hopefully I have been successful!
I look forward to feedback on my work!

Available Gamespeeds for Overlord 2 as modified by FexFX:
FX-Eternity(2000)
FX-Overlord(1500)
FX-Marathon(1200)
FX-Grand(1000)
FX-Endurance(875)
FX-Extended(750)
FX-Casual(500)
FX-Succinct(375)
FX-Abrupt(250)

====================================================
EXTREME DETAILS (For those who really want to know):
====================================================
Here is the rough Schema I used:
--------------------------------
Flat% - This number represents the relationship between the Normal number of turns (460) and the number of turns in the selected speed and is calculated as (Target Speed/460)%. This is used for Culture or anything else which should closely match the overall length of the game.

Rsrch% - This number is used for research and is slightly different for each of the game speeds:
PHP:
FX-Eternity(2000)=(Flat%+30%)
FX-Overlord(1500) =(Flat%+28%)
FX-Marathon(1200)=(Flat%+25%)
FX-Grand(1000)=(Flat%+21%)
FX-Endurance(875)=(Flat%+19%)
FX-Extended(750)=(Flat%+17%)
FX-Casual(500)=(Flat%+15%)
FX-Succinct(375)=(Flat%+13%)
FX-Abrupt(250)=(Flat%+11%)

Train% - This number also has multiple versions:
PHP:
FX-Eternity(2000)=(Flat%-25%)
FX-Overlord(1500) =(Flat%-20%)
FX-Marathon(1200)=(Flat%-20%)
FX-Grand(1000)=(Flat%-20%)
FX-Endurance(875)=(Flat%-16%)
FX-Extended(750)=(Flat%-16%)
FX-Casual(500)=(Flat%-12%)
FX-Succinct(375)=(Flat%-12%)
FX-Abrupt(250)=(Flat%-10%)
This results in: 1/4th, 1/5th, 1/6th, 1/8th and 1/10th faster unit production relative to the timeline.

Build% - This number also has multiple versions:
PHP:
FX-Eternity(2000)=(Flat%-14%)
FX-Overlord(1500) =(Flat%-12%)
FX-Marathon(1200)=(Flat%-12%)
FX-Grand(1000)=(Flat%-12%)
FX-Endurance(875)=(Flat%-10%)
FX-Extended(750)=(Flat%-10%)
FX-Casual(500)=(Flat%-8%)
FX-Succinct(375)=(Flat%-8%)
FX-Abrupt(250)=(Flat%-7%)
This results in: 1/8th, 1/10th, 1/12th, 1/14th, and 1/20th faster building construction relative to the timeline.

Barb% - The formula I used for this was 100%+((Turns/660)/2). This results in a gradual increase in Barbarian production and aggression with a direct relation to the 150% figure used on the original Epic mode. The result is also a lot less harsh than the straight multiplication of 150% which resulted in the original Marathon mode having barbarians set to 300% and would have placed Eternity at 675%.

Golden% - Used to calculate the Golden Age duration, this number is reached by (Flat%/1.2).

Hurry% - Based on the numbers in the default game speeds this number is reached by (100/Flat%).

Inflate% - Based on the numbers in the default game speeds this number is reached by (33/Flat%).

OffSet% - Representing the number of turns before Inflation Kicks in, this number is now based on -(1.2*Flat%).
--------------------------------

These number result in these percentages for each game speed by number of turns:

PHP:
Turns  Flat%  Rsrch%  Train%  Build%  Barb%  Golden%  Hurry%  Inflate%  OffSet%
2000   435    566     326     374     251    362      23      8         -522 
1500   326    417     261     287     213    272      30      10        -391 		
1200   260    325     208     228     190    216      38      13        -312 		
1000   217    262     174     191     175    180      46      15        -260 
875    190    226     160     171     166    158      52      17        -228 
750    163    191     137     147     156    135      61      20        -196 
500    108    126     95      99      138    90       92      31        -130 
375    82     92      72      75      128    68       121     40        -98
250    54     60      47      50      119    45       185     61        -65

And these numbers are then applied like this:

PHP:
<iGrowthPercent> Flat%
<iTrainPercent> Train%
<iConstructPercent> Build%
<iCreatePercent> Build%
<iResearchPercent> Rsrch%
<iBuildPercent> Build%
<iImprovementPercent> Flat%
<iGreatPeoplePercent> Build%
<iCulturePercent> Flat%
<iAnarchyPercent> Build%
<iBarbPercent> Barb%
<iFeatureProductionPercent> Build%
<iUnitDiscoverPercent> Rsrch%
<iUnitHurryPercent> Build%
<iUnitTradePercent> Flat%
<iUnitGreatWorkPercent> Flat%
<iGoldenAgePercent> Golden%
<iHurryPercent> Hurry%
<iHurryConscriptAngerPercent> Build%
<iInflationPercent> Inflate%
<iInflationOffset> OffSet%
<iVictoryDelayPercent> Flat%

For the purpose of Cultural Expansion, I took the base numbers from the Vanilla game at Normal speed(0, 0, 10, 100, 500, 5000, 50000), adjusted them to account for the additional Culture production possible in Overlord 2 (0, 0, 12, 122, 608, 6075, 60750) and then multiplied them by the Flat%. This should provide a seamless progression from the old game speeds to the new game speeds, and unlike the default Marathon speed, you are no longer asked to produce 3x the culture in just 2.6x the turns.

And here is the file for Keldath to include in his next release!

Attachments

• Overlord.zip
    209.3 KB · Views: 147
Oh, and the culture level problem some of you are experiencing is a simple problem! It is caused by a missing tag in CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

Basically if you add a speed in CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml you MUST also add culture numbers in CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml under a tag with the same name as the speed in CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml

If you do not, then for that speed with the missing tags, it will assume that Legendary Culture status is achieved with 0pts of culture. This results in all cities spontaneously growing to legendary size and ending the game if you have culture victory turned on!

This happened in Overlord because Keldath included the file CIV4GameSpeedInfo-sagis-edit.xml which includes multiple speeds that are not properly defined in CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml. With the new files I just gave him he should remove CIV4GameSpeedInfo-sagis-edit.xml completely from the game and that should make this problem go away!

Keldath

Is it possible to have the work of FexFX integrated in a quick patch or should it wait for your next release?

About the next release do you have plans for adding more stuff? I was hoping that you may think of working on the religion system. Maybe adding more sub-religions and crafting events for splitting them out of the main ones.

In general I would like Overlord to have more unique features to stand out in the crowd. I like your work so far but it is a human trait to always wish for more.

hey kali,

yup, thats excactley what im gonna do in a day or too, release fefx with some more minor fixes. probably til friday it will be ready.

sub religions?
i love the whole idea of religions, and id would love to further develop it.
write me in a mre detail they idea you have.

i know what you mean,
i try to think on new ideas and features that are uniqe to my mod,

i know, at fisrt when i started the mod i said to myself - a small mod not too much..but i cant resist..the temptation...
im gonna add around 20-30 tech -mainley between ww2-modern era, and some in the gunpowder era, my goal is to make the eras of the game not so "close" to each other - so you can ply medevil longer, and modern onger and so on.

:)

well patch near complition,
if you guys have some last minute tweaks for me......

Well, this really isn't important, but I noticed that at the beginning of games for the two new civic categories (healthcare and education) you aren't selected on the first civics. Since they give no benefits it doesn't seem to effect anything, but thought I'd let you know in case they ever do matter.

Thanks for this mod.

I'm at work so I can't test this. just rename to CIV4ReligionInfo.xml

Attachments

• CIV4ReligionInfo.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 148
I tried to applied that and it gave me a horsehockyload of XML Errors, It's a good thing I got a backup file just in case.

Dark that was for keldath to show the errors, here is a copy I'm using in my game; remove [Remove] and rename xml.

Attachments

• CIV4ReligionInfo[Remove].txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 189
Was very happy to see I am now getting warriors instead of 25 power corporate agents on turn 1 :)

Do you have any plans to include some of Gir's GREAT wonders like Petra and CircusMaximus? Some of those Wonders look great to me. (I saw you had Flavian Ampethetre which looks great to me)

Also I noticed that for your new religions you did not include the building that gives +50% culture and you need 2 of the corresponding temples of that religion. Such as the Taoist Pagoda.

Is there any way to include the 3 city mod radius as default and have an option in the game creation window to have either 2 or 3 radius for the city.

I really think this is my favorite mod out there. I love all the extra promotions and wonders. And all the new units are wonderful. I get really bored of spamming tanks and modern armor only in the end game with the bombers. Now there are a lot of options for different styles of attack.

Thanks for all the great work I really wish there was a way I could help somehow. Oh one small thing, you spelled it Eqwal Rights, not Equal Rights haha. For one of the wonders.

hi oaklanbah,

thank you for you post,
i really appriciate it!

i really love everything gir does, i wanted to add some of his work but decided to postpone it for later version....but ill add some for sure.

ill will take care of the religion buildings, thanks

well i wish there was a way for an optional 2/3 radius, but for that i need someone that knowes sdk coding.....:(

my mod is all about diversity, i indeed wnated to give not only one aircraft and one tank type, so i made 2 of almost everyclass for a varied army :)

there are many typos in the mod....that is my week spot :)

the only he;p i want is for you to play and report balance issues and if yout having fun!

Top Bottom