Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

These changes were needed for the growing city radius modcomp, don't worry about it, NUM_CITY_PLOTS from standard game is equal to AND's NUM_CITY_PLOTS_2 so this is actually no change at all.

ahh cool thanks fuyu :)

afforess,

what is this tag doing? - <bCurrency>1</bCurrency> in the resources.

im in the process of using the stuff youve made with my content.

ive noticed theres no use to some of the tags you added - like promotions with can move peak, in the tech tree the maintenance tags for techs.

thanks.

ahh cool thanks fuyu :)

afforess,

what is this tag doing? - <bCurrency>1</bCurrency> in the resources.

im in the process of using the stuff youve made with my content.

ive noticed theres no use to some of the tags you added - like promotions with can move peak, in the tech tree the maintenance tags for techs.

thanks.

A few tags, like the currency one, are left over from an unfinished feature and were never removed. Other tags may appear to not work, because they were made to work with specific game options, like the Corporation Maintenance Tags, and Corporation Spread Rate Tags. The Maintenance Tags for techs should work.

ah and something else: im sure this is STILL VERY UP TO DATE:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=377678

its about problems that u cant see each other in the game lobby. well u can see the other guy, but not the opened game.

how's that? we both installed the same game from the same source and we r patched etc etc pp.

It's a gamespy problem, nothing modders can do about it. You need to use a direct IP connection, then it works fine.

VeatWorld,

i had a problem once that i couldnt see my friend with lan. but i knew i once got lan to work, before i formatted my cpu,
so i started to meddle with my network connections, and drivers, and after changing some stuff like bridge connection(using router) i was able to connect, and see my friend, but he couldnt see me, that was a start, later on i fixed that too somehow.
i dunno what you can do with this info, but i think maybe theres hope.

thanks afforess,
humm. the corporation doesnt spread...bummer.
thanks for the info, im now working on the civcs, thats a lot of work...after that ill be almost finish :)

ok... BIG PROBLEM...
please answer

please answer

please answer

I and my friend have instaled CIV 4 BS, we are playing game for a couple of years ... now we want play ROM it works and then AND and it doesnt work. We deleted now all ROM and AND folders and installed that big pack 890MB AND 1.75. We run it (single play works) but

WE DONT SEE our games IN LOBBY.
Direct IP was always problem (wifi and so), but spy game works for years very good.
We have no mod in documents and... just in program files.. and our names of folder are same, also as that install pack of AND. Civ is version 3.19

Where can be problem ??

You need to use DirectIP connection. Gamespy does not work well with mods. Simply google "What is my IP" if you need to find out.

If you can try and plug your comp. directly into your modem and then do what Afforess said and google "what is my ip". Otherwise you need to get the ip of your router and in the control html usually 192.168.0.1 forward anything from your friends router address to your wireless computers ip that is assigned by your router (something like 192.168.0.x) Have him do the same and you should be ok.

Afforess,

I just got a good idea for the mod that I haven't seen before... although I haven't browsed mod comps in a while.

National Resources...

As America you start with Organized, and Industrious... how about 1 resource per Civ that historically that culture has valued over others... America you could set as say oil, and provide +1 unhealthy, + 10 commerce. Have India value ivory or incense and give +2 happiness + 1 commerce, etc. Each civ would have just one really valued resource and would receive the benefits only if said resource was available to the civ.

What do you think?

Afforess,

I just got a good idea for the mod that I haven't seen before... although I haven't browsed mod comps in a while.

National Resources...

As America you start with Organized, and Industrious... how about 1 resource per Civ that historically that culture has valued over others... America you could set as say oil, and provide +1 unhealthy, + 10 commerce. Have India value ivory or incense and give +2 happiness + 1 commerce, etc. Each civ would have just one really valued resource and would receive the benefits only if said resource was available to the civ.

What do you think?

You can already set happiness with resources via traits - but I must tell you, AND isn't under active development any more. It's feature locked.

If you can try and plug your comp. directly into your modem and then do what Afforess said and google "what is my ip". Otherwise you need to get the ip of your router and in the control html usually 192.168.0.1 forward anything from your friends router address to your wireless computers ip that is assigned by your router (something like 192.168.0.x) Have him do the same and you should be ok.

I understand, I have forwarded one port for utorrent for example.
But I can not forward any port, I need to know what port use CIV BS, or not ???

But why 1.75 big 900MB install pack doesn't work
and install pack ROM 2.92 and small install pack AND 1.74 works ???

Even spy game, everything is going alright in 1.74

We checked a lot of things.. name of directory of mod, we change even some configuration files or cusstom assets files.. we have really all same in 1.75
(one download link). So why 1.74 works and 1.75 not ?

I currently play civ 5, but I'm planning to test your mod, especially so since I read your notes at the beginning of the thread. :)

Does the increase in features has a significant impact on RAM usage ? *question answered by magical means => reading*

Hey Afforess, i did i bit of tweaking in the Revolutions.ini and now Revolutions mod don't initialize at game start.
Mostly, changes were made to the multiplier, and a few booleans. What are the limitations to the config file that may cause this bug? Or maybe this is just on the side of the revolutions mod?

So, are you through adding content to AND as well?
It's a sad day, the great Afforess and his mod ported to Civ5.
I will be happy again when playing your mod in civ5 :). Thanks for the wonderful work you done here!

Afforess, this is a amazing mod and i am loving it. i just have 1 question
is there any way i can change the Flags to the Vannila ones? i prefer the unrealistic and almost silly vannila flags.

I'd really, really like to check this out, but there is no way in hell I can manage an 8-hr uninterrupted download to get it. We don't all have 100MB/s connections ;)

Can we get a torrent or something?

Top Bottom