Realism Invictus

I read that there are so many additions presented by this mod, but when I recall my memories of other huge mods like Rise of Mankind for example, there seem to be lots of similarities.

Could someone draw the most noticable differences between those two ?

I have noticed two majors differencies :

Rev DCM is included in ROM not in TR, so there is no ranged attacks or bombing missions in TR.
I miss this feature, especially when the AI comes with dozens of troops to take my cities :)

But there is an interessant aid system where units can give a support to the others. The art of the aid depends of the unit type (armor, ranged,...)

TR has only realistic units. It doesn't play in the future with mechs, nano soldiers,... .
I like it because I prefer to play with our modern units and if you want a little futur it can be done with a few adds.

Basically I prefer TR and I hope it will have ranged bombardement and bombing missions in a near futur.

Thanks, thats an interesting read. I was going to check R.I. for myself but was just curious about what to expect.

For RoM I felt it had nice ideas at some places but also felt a bit bloated at others. I also ran into some performance issues in the late game.

I have noticed two majors differencies :

Rev DCM is included in ROM not in TR, so there is no ranged attacks or bombing missions in TR.
I miss this feature, especially when the AI comes with dozens of troops to take my cities :)

But there is an interessant aid system where units can give a support to the others. The art of the aid depends of the unit type (armor, ranged,...)

TR has only realistic units. It doesn't play in the future with mechs, nano soldiers,... .
I like it because I prefer to play with our modern units and if you want a little futur it can be done with a few adds.

Basically I prefer TR and I hope it will have ranged bombardement and bombing missions in a near futur.

RevDCM is always nice to have. I really like how the revolutions make culture more important and how it makes the whole game much more dynamic in the long run.

Don't know exactly what they're talking about, doesn't seem relevent to my problem. It's OK, though. I just won't be able to enjoy the RI Earth map. The problem occured when I was starting a new game and while it was loading it I got an error message, then it quit.

Don't know exactly what they're talking about, doesn't seem relevent to my problem. It's OK, though. I just won't be able to enjoy the RI Earth map. The problem occured when I was starting a new game and while it was loading it I got an error message, then it quit.

That can be a memory management problem of 32-bit OSes. They're offering a fix for it there; anyway, random maps on RI can be just as enjoyable - I personally prefer random maps. Be sure to find yourself a nice custom random map script! ;)

let my unit automatically border patrol or hunt (whichever I need them to do).

If you do include this modcomp, I will be very grateful!

In future versions I would also like these comp mod. They are very useful.

One day I learn more programming just to help. I would like an other programmer with time and very good was part of the team.:scan:

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but one odd thing I noticed is that when I upgrade my units, they lose the promotions from the Military Traditions. So when my melee units upgrade from, say, Medieval Swordsmen to Foot Knights, they lose the Fierce promotion.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Any thoughts as to why it crashes as soon as I meet another nation?

Hello TR guys! A couple of things I've experienced:
1) I always automate my workers and they frequently destroy copper mines or sheep camps, which cause some of the city improvements to stop working.
2) I'm running federalism, aristocracy and theocracy, and I can't launch a nuclear strike against my enemy. Is it supposed to be so?
3) Other than that, I thank you guys very much for your hard work, for your mod is the only one I play.

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but one odd thing I noticed is that when I upgrade my units, they lose the promotions from the Military Traditions. So when my melee units upgrade from, say, Medieval Swordsmen to Foot Knights, they lose the Fierce promotion.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Yeah, it is a sad fact of how BtS treats promos and upgrading differently from Warlods and vanilla Civ 4; we will try to kill this "feature".

Any thoughts as to why it crashes as soon as I meet another nation?

Is your customassets folder clean? Most likely something there is causing you trouble.

Hello TR guys! A couple of things I've experienced:
1) I always automate my workers and they frequently destroy copper mines or sheep camps, which cause some of the city improvements to stop working.
2) I'm running federalism, aristocracy and theocracy, and I can't launch a nuclear strike against my enemy. Is it supposed to be so?
3) Other than that, I thank you guys very much for your hard work, for your mod is the only one I play.

1) Never ran into this myself; while I use worker automation now and then, this hasn't happened to me. What do they tend to build there instead?

2) A bug with nukes in general, fixed for 3.01.

Walter:

Thanks for your prompt reply. So, there really is an issue with nukes? Good to know. I think I may have expressed myself in a wrong way. When I said workers "destroy" improvements, read that workers substitute mines (in the case of copper) or camps for sheep for workshops, which cause city improvements to stop working. Thanks again.

Walter:

Thanks for your prompt reply. So, there really is an issue with nukes? Good to know. I think I may have expressed myself in a wrong way. When I said workers "destroy" improvements, read that workers substitute mines (in the case of copper) or camps for sheep for workshops, which cause city improvements to stop working. Thanks again.

OK, thanks for clarification. Indeed, AI seems to be "over-workshopping" currently. We'll see what we can do.

One simple question:
I was impressed by the terrain art in this mod and wanted to copy it over for other mods too (not for public release, just for my local self).

But I found only hints on how to do that. The Assets/Art/ folder doesn't hold terrain graphics and there is no dedicated RealismInvictus folder in 'MyGames\...' too.
I only found the Art.FPK in the assets folder and looked into a bunch of xml files but I'm still not sure how to do it.

Is it possible/feasible to use the terrain graphics for other mods or would that require a lot of xml-editing and such ?

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind. I found an unpacker tool for the Art.FPK and copied the contents of it to MyGames\...

Top Bottom