'They believe we are building new cities too aggressively!'

Most of the reasons for possitive and negative AI reputation in Civ V seem pretty ******ed to me.

I miss the big 'map'-type image they had in CIV which showed all AIs attitudes to every other player, including other AIs. Unless DoFs and denouncements are happening across the board, you have no idea who's friends with who. And you definitely should not be penalised for eliminating or attacking a Civ by its enemies - including (in some cases) the AI which asked you to go after them!

I miss the big 'map'-type image they had in CIV which showed all AIs attitudes to every other player, including other AIs. Unless DoFs and denouncements are happening across the board, you have no idea who's friends with who. And you definitely should not be penalised for eliminating or attacking a Civ by its enemies - including (in some cases) the AI which asked you to go after them!

Try the Infoaddict Mod.

I've got it, but haven't been using it lately as I'm achievement-hunting. I do think it should be part of the vanilla game though.

I am punished diplomatically for playing well.

What makes you say you are playing well? There's more to playing well than plopping down a bunch of cities. You need to scout your neighbors and determine if they are building cities or building units, and respond accordingly. If they're building cities, do to them what they do to you: threaten them, and then attack. If they're building units, build up your own military.

This does not make sense when I'm not even the biggest civ, let alone a runaway superpower.

Think of this game in terms of Starcraft and diplo makes much more sense. In Starcraft, if you fast expand and don't build enough units, you WILL get attacked by your opponent. Civ 5 is the same thing: if you aren't a strong civ, the AI exploits that by being aggressive.

What makes you say you are playing well? There's more to playing well than plopping down a bunch of cities. You need to scout your neighbors and determine if they are building cities or building units, and respond accordingly. If they're building cities, do to them what they do to you: threaten them, and then attack. If they're building units, build up your own military.

Think of this game in terms of Starcraft and diplo makes much more sense. In Starcraft, if you fast expand and don't build enough units, you WILL get attacked by your opponent. Civ 5 is the same thing: if you aren't a strong civ, the AI exploits that by being aggressive.

3 things;
#1, this is Civ, not Starcraft.
#2, in my example game, I had a strong military, and the idiots still attacked me.
#3, even if I don't have a strong military, by having a lot of cities I can easily generate one to defend myself when the idiots come knocking.

Some civilizations just like going to war, even if they are outmatched.
Monty has been DoW me a lot in my past game even though according to demographics I was nr1 and he was last place.

Thats correct however THE AI in civ 5 shouldn't act like a AI in starcraft because of 1 important thing : "diplomacy"

They ad new features in civ 5 that you can only sign research agreements with friends and sweden has unqique bonusses for becoming friends so it doesn't make any sence to make a AI who will backstab you constantly.

Diplomacy is one of the amazing things of the civ franchise you can say it made the game how it is today...

ANd removing that concept it just becomes another turn based game

Let me just say as a player in multiplayer I actually engage in diplomacy often. Of course when I get too powerful people start to turn on me, but sometimes I purposely weaken myself to be in a better situation diplomatically in multi (basically trying to avoid being the #1 civ and not revealing I am close behind, so I will sometimes research techs to almost full completion but not get them)

The most ridiculous example of this is when you completely maul an AI's armies, and take all their cities for peace, they ask you not to expand near them. Please! They gave those cities themselves!

The most ridiculous example of this is when you completely maul an AI's armies, and take all their cities for peace, they ask you not to expand near them. Please! They gave those cities themselves!
Maybe they suddenly remember to rant about a city you've settled 50 turns ago? They do that from time to time. :confused::deadhorse:

Maybe they suddenly remember to rant about a city you've settled 50 turns ago? They do that from time to time. :confused::deadhorse:

That will be fixed in gods and king the expansion anger will fade away from time to time.

Its most agressive in the classical era early game and in the mid game it fades away

Just tell them off. There really should be an option other than "Get over it" - like say, "Please, you are in no position to make demands"

Hahaha. I'm in the middle of another game as Mongolia, trying out the Great Plains map. I made the fatal mistake of building a fourth city. Now everyone, with the exception of Darius (it's an 8-player map) has either declared war or denounced me. Hilarious!

Hahaha. I'm in the middle of another game as Mongolia, trying out the Great Plains map. I made the fatal mistake of building a fourth city. Now everyone, with the exception of Darius (it's an 8-player map) has either declared war or denounced me. Hilarious!

This is the result of civ 5 AI playing as a human :lol:
Doesn't seam fun to me at all

I've never seen the AI dow eachother because they build a 4th citie so its a penalty against the human palyer really?

WHy are there so many penalties in this game this makes the game not fun
And don't say to make the game more challenging because it doesn't.. Because I had bismark declare war on me While there where many hexes between us (a lot of room to expand) WHile his neighbour persia had more then 4 cities and verry close to him and darius had a weaker military then me. So whats the point of dowing me bismark?

Well see if it is changed in gods and king we will see

Top Bottom