Requested Mods

Hi all, I can see lots of potential in CiV5. Go get em Modders!

1) Please find a way to make disabling score an option. Either make it random, or just get rid of it. This is primarily for mp games. As i hate seeing scores and people falling behind, etc. If not an option, can someone tell me how to do it. thanks.

2) EARTH MAP ON MP. lol

3) Back in CIV IV there was a mod (i dont remember which) that allowed for the number of spaces that could be worked around a city to grow as the city did. That was great. A giant city could work more tiles than the fat cross. I know it’s a little different with Hex’s now, but that was still a good idea.

4) More techs, tech tree seems like it needs some major attention. More techs, longer time to research would be nice.

5) Increase Map size on Huge.

Civilization has the best damn modders around...

Any realism mods in the making? Mainly a realism mod..that makes everything realistic.

Hi, I haven't gotten this game yet (almost ready to purchase a new laptop to play it on). I'm happy that combat has been improved at least. My only hope is that modding can turn this game into awesomeness... and I'm considering getting into it myself if I can work up the free time.

So I'm pretty much pleading, pathetically, for realism in this game. I'm not sure if I can deal with archers that can shoot over mountains and other absurdities. They were probably right to deal with the stacking situation but maybe can someone, somewhere be intelligent enough to figure out how to combine units in such a way that they move and fight somewhat realistically, without being strategically boring and way too complicated? How about for instance, just creating a new 'unit' that has increased strength and the abilities of its constituents? So that when it battled it just battled as a single entity (acting like a unit, just a better one), and not in a series? I mean isn't that how actual armies work? You don't have a cannon firing from thousands of miles away, or archers, they act as part of an army but the army simply gains it's special abilities and increased strength? I'm just hoping that some modder somewhere realizes this and that it is relatively easy to do. I mean, it doesn't mean you have to give up all the other cool stuff they added, like battle lines territory bonuses and flanking and all that good stuff. In my opinion mods to give stacking are just another step backwards. Just like what they did to city combat... pretty sensible. You amass an army and it fights... either it wins or loses or retreats.

Other realistic stuff. Has anyone ever read Jared Diamond's Guns Germs and Steel? If you want an idea of how civilizations interact- that is an awesome book. And Collapse by Jared Diamond is also good. Part of what he pointed out is the role of disease in the interaction of civilizations... like when Europeans came to the Americas, what wiped out the Americans was mostly germs. And those germs were deadlier for a reason... close proximity to breeding livestock and geographical location. It would also be awesome to incorporate resource depletion into the game. After all, every resource on the planet has a peak... there will be peak oil and all the metals that are easiest to get have mostly been mined already. The ability to lose tile improvements, technology, pollution and resource depletion would be a great boost to depth of gameplay in my opinion, as long as it isn't done in a way that is merely annoying or makes the game seem hopeless or impossible.

Religions... a great way to simulate religion and a lot of other good stuff, which obviously has had a huge effect on history, is to simulate the transmission of memes. If there is a way to use the game's architecture to do this, you could make a meme be a religion or a 'civic' like communism or free market capitalism, and then fill in the details. As long as the city is infected with this attribute, certain buildings can be created or certain benefits are gained.

Religions and Espionage don't have to have all the complex controls that they did in Civ4... but just having a simple representation of it could go really far. I mean 'espionage points' are a little ridiculous... but maybe at least a spy? Religion doesn't have to be the arbiter of happiness, but maybe it could give some small benefits to social cohesion, like it does in reality... and some military dimension? The main reason Constantine converted Rome to Christianity was probably military... he fought under the Christian banner and he won. Same for Islam. All these things don't need to be eliminated just toned down a bit.

Sigh.

If only food stagnates a warmonger is not interested in happy people, because he can rush every city and can still produce units to rush other cities.
Would unhappy people work as they would be happy ?

in which xml a could change this ?

a tax system where you can adjust tax rate, and research rate like in civ iv. That would be nice to have back, because at the moment im researching to fast, and making less money, so its a annoying, theres no control of the economy. but other than that it is good.

Oh and im hoping Kael figures out how to do static leaderheads to. So i can start with clash of civilizations for civ 5:p (civ mod pack) already playing around with the xml files (not getting to far yet), using his celt mod, and manage to get somewhere, but nothing solid yet :D. Please give me suggestions of what civz you guys will be interested in.

The biggest problem for me is the amount of time it takes to change turn. I prefer peaceful building strategy, so it makes me mad just to keep pressing enter and then wait for 4 seconds or more every turn.

I hope someone makes a not-so-high requirement graphics mod, so you can actually play smoothly on a large map without it taking eternity. In Civilization IV, for example, turn time was really, really fast. That's what I'm hoping for!

A Fallout mod similar to the one created for CivIII that included the civs from the role-playing games.

A zombie apocalypse mod. Along the lines of the Necro Cristi mod for CivIV.

How about giving players the ability to raze any city they want? I have no idea why civ 5 wont let you raze enemy capitols. It makes no sense!

All I want is a mod so that rivers don't make me want to stab myself in the eyes. They are so ugly, someone please make them better. Particularly the sources.

a tax system where you can adjust tax rate, and research rate like in civ iv. That would be nice to have back, because at the moment im researching to fast, and making less money, so its a annoying, theres no control of the economy. but other than that it is good.

Oh and im hoping Kael figures out how to do static leaderheads to. So i can start with clash of civilizations for civ 5:p (civ mod pack) already playing around with the xml files (not getting to far yet), using his celt mod, and manage to get somewhere, but nothing solid yet :D. Please give me suggestions of what civz you guys will be interested in.

Get a bit more unhappy and that is EXACTLY what happens. Minor unhappiness, no, warmongers won't really care. But a bit more and your units lose some effectiveness, you loose 3/4 of your production... It's bad.

How about giving players the ability to raze any city they want? I have no idea why civ 5 wont let you raze enemy capitols. It makes no sense!

Because capitals (original capitals) are involved in one of the victory conditions. Razing them would make that condition far too easy, as you could eliminate them one by one and the other players could not recapture them.

1. I would really love a mod that adds strategic improvements eg: canals, forts, castles, fortresses, citadels, ditches, dirt berms, walls, mines, traps, cloches, pill boxes, barriers, moats, radar stations, multiple Great Wall(s) (like in real history) SDI laser and missile defense shield, watch towers, sonar buoys, launch spy satellites, ect. ect. to "build up" an impenetrable line of defenses and visibility throughout the ages. -then cut the fortification bonus so there is a need to actually build fortifications.

2. The fort mechanics of Orbis or RiFE (I think RiFE had similar mechanics but can't remember) added to ciV.

3. More early ships, naval is kind of weak in the early and medieval periods.

Play as a City-State mod.
It would be nice to sit back and watch other civs fight over you.

Top Bottom