Civ IV traits in Civ V

Since redownloading the mod in the past fixed some issues, I tried it again and imported my leader table. Hurrah! Roosevelt's name displays correctly! Boo! Mercantile is still not working!

Is there anything up in my mod list that has a possibility of conflicting? You also have my civilization list in that leader table of mine.

Even more curious, the stopwatch log is the only one that is mentioning this mod, and both mercantile sql files were initialized properly.

Edit: Did some IGE testing. The market's tooltip is not updated, but it added 2 gold instead of 1. So the only thing not working as intended is the gold boost from luxuries.

Since redownloading the mod in the past fixed some issues, I tried it again and imported my leader table. Hurrah! Roosevelt's name displays correctly! Boo! Mercantile is still not working!

Is there anything up in my mod list that has a possibility of conflicting? You also have my civilization list in that leader table of mine.

Even more curious, the stopwatch log is the only one that is mentioning this mod, and both mercantile sql files were initialized properly.

Edit: Did some IGE testing. The market's tooltip is not updated, but it added 2 gold instead of 1. So the only thing not working as intended is the gold boost from luxuries.

I'm stumped. The only resource mod you are using that I do not is Amer-Asian resources. This shouldn't matter at all, since the mercantile traits works by creating a list of any resource that gives happiness (So by default it works with any custom luxuries) and attaching 1 bonus gold to the tile (Without improvement being necessary.)

Perhaps check to make sure you didn't accidentally disable the Mercantile.SQL and Mercantile2.SQL files?

Also the tooltip error mystifies me. Tooltips auto update, so I see the changes every time. Not seeing changes is one of the quickest ways I use to determine if I broke something and have to quit out and check the error logs.

Well, I gutted the tobacco and tea from the Amer-Asian resources mod because More Luxuries has those covered. The maize and rice successfully show up on maps and work as intended, so yeah, I don't see why things would not be working. I haven't touched the sql files other than the leader tables.

As for the tooltip, perhaps I have some mod that modifies the market subtly and, for whatever reason, its tooltip takes priority?

Edit: And, most importantly, my changes to Amer-Asian resources and accommodating them in the More Pantheons addon work and don't have any errors in the logs.

Sorry for the double post, but I did some more testing to try and get down to things. Amer-Asian resources is not the issue, as mercantile was still busted after disabling it. My modmod for it only has it add bonus resources, but still, it could have been a problem. But it was not.

Is there any other mod you might suspect to be the problem? Could a civilization be the culprit?

For some reason that lua you gave me is returning a runtime error bingles. IsCivilization (Nil value). I can't seem to figure out why in the hell the check is failing though. Any ideas?

Also, I've got a functional despotic trait. Would you like the files on that?

For some reason that lua you gave me is returning a runtime error bingles. IsCivilization (Nil value). I can't seem to figure out why in the hell the check is failing though. Any ideas?

Also, I've got a functional despotic trait. Would you like the files on that?

Oh, Derp. Thanks for pointing that out. I was testing for the wrong thing, and that Lua script does nothing. Here is a better version:

Spoiler :
function ImperialisticIndependistBonuses(PlayerID, unitID)
local pPlayer = Players[PlayerID];
local unit = pPlayer:GetUnitByID(unitID);
local IndependistCount = (pPlayer:GetUnitClassCount(GameInfoTypes["UNITCLASS_GREATPERSON_PROMOTION"]));
if (pPlayer:IsAlive()) then
if (pPlayer:HasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_IMPERIALISTIC_X"])) then
if (pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes["CIVILIZATION_GRANCOLOMBIA"]) then
local capital = pPlayer:GetCapitalCity();
if IndependistCount > 0 then
capital:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes["BUILDING_IMPERIALISTIC_BOLIVAR_POLICY"], IndependistCount);
else capital:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes["BUILDING_IMPERIALISTIC_BOLIVAR_POLICY"], 0);
end
end
end
end
end
LuaEvents.SerialEventUnitCreatedGood.Add(ImperialisticIndependistBonuses);
GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(ImperialisticIndependistBonuses);

The 'IsCivilization' line does nothing, because that was a Civ IV python query and not a Civ V Lua query. Which is made further irrelevant because I set SetNumRealBuilding to add a building class instead of a building (Which resulted in nothing happening.

I have added the script and xml to the official mod, as well as Leugi compatibility following which traits he recommended. So what I need from you is 2 things: I'd love to take a look at what you wrote for Despotic, and I want to make sure that when you run your mod it overwrites the changes I added.

If you put the latest update in the OP, then maybe my mercantile problems will inexplicably correct themselves. I mean, redownloading it is currently the only way to make sure icon changes occur for me.

Really enjoying my games with this mod - I think however there are more Modded Civs that need compatibility:

I've quickly created some lists, I made them so that they are all relatively unique in the scheme of things:

More Civs: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=494241

Spoiler :
Ayyubids - Spiritual, Inventive
Buccaneers - Seafaring, Aggressive
Burma - Philosophical, Imperialistic
Chola - Seafaring, Financial
Garamentes - Charismatic, Protective
Kilwa - Seafaring, Charismatic
Kongo - Protective, Aggressive
Maratha - Aggressive, Diplomatic
Maurya - Creative, Aggressive
Mexico - Creative, Expansive
Mughals - Industrious, Aggressive
Nazca - Spiritual, Inventive
Oman - Seafaring, Imperialistic
Phoenicia - Financial, Seafaring
Sami - Spiritual, Charismatic
Tibet - Protective, Spiritual
Tuscany - Industrious, Philosophical

Tarcisio's Civs: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523876

Spoiler :
The Alans - Aggressive, Expansive
HRE - Spiritual, Imperialistic
Bactria - Expansive, Imperialistic
PK - Charismatic, Philosophical
Sicily - Mercantile, Diplomatic
Etruscan League - Expansive, Charismatic
Suebi - Aggressive, Mercantile

Also, these lists are tentative - I don't really mind what goes in the final product. I just hope there is one!

Really enjoying my games with this mod - I think however there are more Modded Civs that need compatibility:

I've quickly created some lists, I made them so that they are all relatively unique in the scheme of things:

More Civs: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=494241

Spoiler :
Ayyubids - Spiritual, Inventive
Buccaneers - Seafaring, Aggressive
Burma - Philosophical, Imperialistic
Chola - Seafaring, Financial
Garamentes - Charismatic, Protective
Kilwa - Seafaring, Charismatic
Kongo - Protective, Aggressive
Maratha - Aggressive, Diplomatic
Maurya - Creative, Aggressive
Mexico - Creative, Expansive
Mughals - Industrious, Aggressive
Nazca - Spiritual, Inventive
Oman - Seafaring, Imperialistic
Phoenicia - Financial, Seafaring
Sami - Spiritual, Charismatic
Tibet - Protective, Spiritual
Tuscany - Industrious, Philosophical

Tarcisio's Civs: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523876

Spoiler :
The Alans - Aggressive, Expansive
HRE - Spiritual, Imperialistic
Bactria - Expansive, Imperialistic
PK - Charismatic, Philosophical
Sicily - Mercantile, Diplomatic
Etruscan League - Expansive, Charismatic
Suebi - Aggressive, Mercantile

Also, these lists are tentative - I don't really mind what goes in the final product. I just hope there is one!

Done. note: Kongo and Garamantes were already included.

I'd argue that Phoenicia should be Inventive instead of Financial. Chola should also be Diplomatic instead of Financial.

I'd argue that Phoenicia should be Inventive instead of Financial. Chola should also be Diplomatic instead of Financial.

After examining the civs and their UAs, I agree. Will edit, but then I'm done updating for a while.

Edit: Changed Chola to Diplomatic, Maratha to Protective, Maurya to Philosophical and Pheonicia to Inventive. Changes made to prevent interference with UAs.

So with some free time I decided to disable some mods one by one to try and figure out why mercantile wasn't working (and discovered that creative isn't working, either). So far nothing's been fixed, and waiting for all those mods to load is not helping me sticking to this task.

Is it possible that a civilization could be mucking things up? Is there something that could interfere with these luas firing properly?

Edit: If the mod won't freak out when it tries to apply all these traits on my leader table to disabled mods, should I just make a blank slate with my mods go one-by-one and see where it messes up?

So with some free time I decided to disable some mods one by one to try and figure out why mercantile wasn't working (and discovered that creative isn't working, either). So far nothing's been fixed, and waiting for all those mods to load is not helping me sticking to this task.

Is it possible that a civilization could be mucking things up? Is there something that could interfere with these luas firing properly?

Edit: If the mod won't freak out when it tries to apply all these traits on my leader table to disabled mods, should I just make a blank slate with my mods go one-by-one and see where it messes up?

I have no idea. I cannot reproduce that problem and I haven't heard anyone else with this issue. Sorry. Best of luck.

The reason I chose some of those traits is because I wanted to avoid UA stacking (becoming overly powerful) and because some other civilizations both modded and not already had the same combinations.

Well, everything was going well in my test. It's not a civilization that's the problem. Everything worked right up until the finishing touches on my mod load order, which goes:

[Tweaks]
[Flavor]
[Gameplay]
[Civilizations]
More Luxuries
[Civilizations that utilize the above]
Resource Buildings (a new addition, but it worked)
Amer-Asian Resources (self-modified only maize and rice version)
More Pantheons (self-modified version that utilizes the above two resources)
Historical Religions
Buddhist Denominations
This mod
and then Extra Victory Conditions

All of those worked before tossing in all of the civilizations, and More Luxuries worked while tossing in the civilizations. The only ones that weren't enabled until this last were the historical religion ones, and I don't see how or why those would interfere.

So when I have enough time I'll strip things down to the final load order touches and reapply them one at a time. I worked backwards earlier to no avail, but I didn't toggle this mod each time so that might have prevented changes from occurring.

This mod is amazing, and I'm glad I was finally able to play with it. I'd like to request a couple things if I may: support for civs from LastSword, DJSHenniger, Hiram, Moriboe, Mayor Steve, Undead Kenny, and Aggressive Wimp; also, a Civilopedia entry for the mod to explain the mechanics would be cool.

Thanks much!

This mod is amazing, and I'm glad I was finally able to play with it. I'd like to request a couple things if I may: support for civs from LastSword, DJSHenniger, Hiram, Moriboe, Mayor Steve, Undead Kenny, and Aggressive Wimp; also, a Civilopedia entry for the mod to explain the mechanics would be cool.

Thanks much!

There will not be a Civilopedia page. Civiliopedia automatically populates every entry using an incredibly long script. This mod doesn't fit into any of its predefined categories. There is however a small help menu in game located in the button next to diplomacy (The 'Additional Info' button, sometimes called the diplo corner button.)

As far as compatibility, I do not use custom civs and know nothing about them. I have sent several boilerplate messages to get suggestions on which leader gets what traits. The respondents are what make up the current compatibility list.

Since it takes a couple of hours to install, modify and test 20 civs at a time, I prefer to be told what traits to use before hand. Get me a list of your suggestions and I will most likely toss it in there.

Top Bottom