YNAEMP issues and question

damnyankees

Warlord
I'm hoping someone hear can help me with a couple YNAEMP questions.

1) On some maps, I seem to only have a couple options of civilizations. Like, on the Eastern Mediterranean map, I can only choose Rome or Greece - those are the only civs in the dropdown menu. On other maps, I only have something like 4 choices. One other maps (like on Huge Earth or Large Europe) I see all the option (I have, like, 110 civs installed, so there should be plenty of options for any maps).

Any ideas what's up?

2) Are there modular additions to add extra maps to YNAEMP? Like, just Africa maps? Or just NA or SA? Seems like that should exist, no?

Hi

1) That's because all the Mediterranean maps more or less only have TSL for the civs from the mod "Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations" (+ the official civs you mentioned).

2) See the last two-three pages of the the YnAEMP thread - JFD has made a patch with some additional maps (including my own Giant Europe map :D).
I haven't had any problems with the patch, but one person (at least) has reported a problem with the TSL coordinates getting mixed up when adding the patch.
In the future (I think) JFD's plan is to add more maps to the patch - I'm currently in the process of adding a few, which I hope he will include in the patch.
It isn't something you can 'just' do unfortunately, but feel free to request maps in the official thread and I see what I can do ;)

You don't have the problem of civs not spawning where they're supposed to? Whenever I try to play a game on the Giant Earth map, none of the civs are in their proper positions.

Actually I haven't tried the giant earth map since before adding the patch, so I'm not sure..
I have tried some of the other maps and haven't encountered any problems with TSL on those.

I can see JFD has removed the link to the patch from his signature, so maybe he's aware of the problem.

Oh, no, I just ran out of space in my signature before I re-arranged things to make room, then forgot to re-add it. I haven't found time to cram the TSL stuff into my schedule, so will look into this issue when I can.

Just copying my post from the YNAEMP topic into this one.

Just fired up another 60-civ game and again, none of the civs are where they're supposed to be. I did notice a pattern though. All the civs merely swapped places with another civ. For example: England founded London where Vietnam was supposed to found Hanoi and vice versa.

A complete list of the civs that switched places:
England/Vietnam
Nazi Germany/Siam
Mayas/Khmer
Korea/Soviet Union
Japan/Indonesia
Portugal/Huns
Spain/Hawaii
Buccaneers/Netherlands
Assyria/Aborigionals
Greece/Maori
Tonga/Australia
Rapa Nui/Ethiopia
Iceland/Italy
Celts/Dene
Morocco/France
Oman/Norway
Songhai/Sweden
Poland/Denmark
Kongo/Austria
Brazil/Carthage
Egypt/China
America/Arabia
Babylon/Zulus
Mongolia/Byzantium
Ottomans/Persia
India/Argentina
Shoshone/Inuit
Aztecs/Canada
Iroquois/Incas
Cuba/Bolivia

And also, the spawn location for the Aborigionals' Settler is right on top of that Natural Wonder in the center of Australia, so they can't found a city.

I've just tried a couple of games with the patch on the Giant Earth map. Both some 22 civ games and a couple of 60 civ games - all seeming to work correctly. Could the problem be with another mod maybe?

I deleted some mods that I thought might mess up YNAEMP v23 and now I can't select any of the official civs in an YNAEMP game any more. And the game crashes as soon as I try to start an YNAEMP game.

I can't select any of the offical civs when starting a game, only mod civs are shown in the dropbox.
What should I do?

Did you kake sure civs were set to start in the correct position? JFD added a setting so that you can make them have random starts.

Yes I did, the problem only appears when I'm trying to start on any Earth Map, when I choose others the original civs show up in the dropbox

I've been fighting an issue with ynaemp and the CL_AUSTRALIA civ for some time now. Activating the Colonialist Legacies Australia Civ ends up breaking the TSL of all vanilla Civs except for Poland.

If I remove Australia, I'm free to add countless other custom Civs that work fine with their own TSL without affecting that of any others. Has anyone else experienced this?

Stripping things down to a bare minimum list of mods it still exhibits this behavior. The current running mods are as follows:

Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v. 24)
YnAEMP DLL Leader fix for BNW (v. 2)
Colonialist Legacies YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v. 1)
Colonialist Legacies - Australian Commonwealth (v. 4)

I've been fighting an issue with ynaemp and the CL_AUSTRALIA civ for some time now. Activating the Colonialist Legacies Australia Civ ends up breaking the TSL of all vanilla Civs except for Poland.

If I remove Australia, I'm free to add countless other custom Civs that work fine with their own TSL without affecting that of any others. Has anyone else experienced this?

Stripping things down to a bare minimum list of mods it still exhibits this behavior. The current running mods are as follows:

Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v. 24)
YnAEMP DLL Leader fix for BNW (v. 2)
Colonialist Legacies YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v. 1)
Colonialist Legacies - Australian Commonwealth (v. 4)

Newer versions of Australia have YnAEMP compatibility built in, so using both that and the old Compatibility Patch at the same time probably breaks things.

Newer versions of Australia have YnAEMP compatibility built in, so using both that and the old Compatibility Patch at the same time probably breaks things.

I am aware and have made several attempts to fix that.

1. I stripped out all CL_AUSTRALIA info in the Compatibility patch and nothing changed.
2. I've also tried disabling the Compatibility patch altogether and now the only Civ with a TSL is Australia. Poland becomes random like all the other vanilla Civs.
3. I've made no changes to the Compatibility patch and have instead removed the Compatibility/CL_AustraliaYnAEMP.sql file from the mod and still, nothing changed.

I don't understand why this is the only CL Civ out of about 6 others I'm using that causes this behavior.

Other CL Civs that work fine in my full setup:
Afghanistan
Canadian Dominion
Kimberley Aboriginals
Mexican Republic
Phillipine Republic
The Blackfoot Confederacy
The Boers
The Inuit
Vietnam ft. Trung Sisters

Top Bottom