How to work with Modules

Tasunke

Crazy Horse
Basically, as detailed as you want to be, please help me with how to "use" Modules and how to make Modules.

To start this off ... I'm very interested in making several Modular mods for Tholals' Naval AI mod which simply adds "strength" to some of the weaker civs, etc. (as well as adding some healers for Esus)

I would *like* to make a Sidar++ module, a Esus revamped module, a Bannor++ module, and a Doviello ++ module. (for Tholal naval AI, which is basically regular FFH2)

However, I don't even know how to "use" modules that I have downloaded and installed, therefore I feel it'd be pretty hypocritical to try and make a module that I don't know how to use ... as even if I could make one, I couldn't direct users into how to jump over installation hurdles, etc.

Therefore, I largely only see making one large tweak-mod using all the changes I want to make for everyone. UNLESS I can release each as a separate module.

The difference between this and Tasunke Mod, is that with Tas-mod I decided to change almost everything, and doubled the size of the soundtrack o.O

In this mod, I wish to make no cosmetic changes, merely bring some of the weaker Player-Civs to par.

PS. As an aside, would anyone possibly know how to make religion swaps to Esus not be declared globally? same for building the Nox Noctis. Thank you ;)

Well, I suppose I will simply make all desirable changes into one larger mod ... as opposed to working with modules.

main changes planned for Doviello, Bannor, Sidar, and Esus

minor changes planned for Sheaim, Cannons, and possibly more.

I will attempt to make the file-size as small as possible for both stability considerations and user convenience.

My mod isn't modular so there isn't anything special to do to make your own mods from it. Just make your python and xml edits and post your changed files (preferably with some sort of installer).

yes, I may well simply post the assets file ... although if I could learn how to code an installer, that would be awesome! :)

is it hard?

Top Bottom