Civ 2 and windows 10 problem

krakow2000

Chieftain
Hi
From long time break i try back to civ 2. Open folder start game, game star normal i chose new game etc and when it's almost end creation and clik next after choice nation the game crash (program civ2.exe stop working) and only i can close program. I can esay load old game and saved map but i cannot play new... what now ?? Any advice ?? Re-instal the same problem. To test i download some civ 2 from internet but the same problem...

This sounds like a problem that has been reported for the Multiplayer Gold and Test of Time versions when run under a 64-bit version of Windows. It is related to "enter text" boxes like the ones used to enter names for the leader and for new cities. The leader name box appears right after the choice of civilization during the setup so this is the likely cause of your crash. To make sure, you could load a save (like the tutorial) and try to found a city. If the game crashes when the city name prompt appears, the text prompt is the problem. (If I remember correctly, I was able to make it past that screen by pressing enter to accept the default name, but inevitably crashed when prompted to enter a city name.)

For details and a fix that worked in my case, please see this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=193215

Top Bottom