Research Images

ManoMan

Chieftain
Hi there guys, years since I've played this game, and very excited now that I've gotten it to work on the Windows 10 using Mastermind's patch. Also have videos now, thanks to tips from the guys here.

Wanted to ask about something that is simply gone after the 64 bit fix and I that actually miss very much. Where did the research pictures go? I'm not sure who has played the old classic Civ2 game back then, but every new tech had a picture of it's own, with a vivid explanation. Some of them I actually remember for example:
Philosophy had a black grayish Buddha.
Medicine had a brownish table with a mortar and pestle
and so forth.

Is there anyway to get the original tech screen back?

The Multiplayer Gold and Test of Time versions of Civ2 that run fine with Mastermind's patch do not have the "pedia" subfolder that contains the more lavish civilopedia in the classic version. You could try to copy that folder from the classic version into the main folder of the version that you use now and see what happens. I am pessimistic because the pedia folder contains an exe-file ("Get_Info.exe") that seems incompatible with 64bit systems.

EDIT: I just tested it. Simply copying the folder won't work.

Might be possible to apply the x64 patch to that executable as well.
The mechanism should be similar.
If that doesn't work then perhaps one of the people frequently diving into the code could help you out with that.

Top Bottom