Wild Mana for FFH 2

94?! woohoo! FFH patch E should be version 2.0 of this modmod :lol:

glad to be helpful, looking forward to playing with all these new toys :D

btw, do you think version 2.0 is going to include better AI naval behaviour from Skyre Noktis' modmod, or will you take care of that at a latter time? my Perfectworld 2 maps would love that, they truly loved notque's and Skyre's modmods :lol:

oh yeah, now I remember another thing that was in Skyre's mod but I'm not sure if it's in Wild Mana: better placing of cities specifically for the Kuriotates. I did notice that regular civs are placing cities pretty wisely ( and it's been a joy to watch Keelyn terraform a huge swath of desert with spring :D ) , but Kuriotates still seem to place their megacities too close together and still like to place them on the coast.

[to_xp]Gekko;8243086 said:
oh yeah, now I remember another thing that was in Skyre's mod but I'm not sure if it's in Wild Mana: better placing of cities specifically for the Kuriotates. I did notice that regular civs are placing cities pretty wisely ( and it's been a joy to watch Keelyn terraform a huge swath of desert with spring :D ) , but Kuriotates still seem to place their megacities too close together and still like to place them on the coast.

Yeah, that's in. I also gave Lanun a preference to found Coastal cities and Ljosalfar/Svartalfar prefere forest lands.

well, that's weird. then again, maybe I was just mistaken and that city that looked way too close to their capitol was a settlement. it's weird because it was definitely their second city, and as hammers in the beginning are very valuable you don't expect them to use a settler for a settlement instead of a full-fledged city. still, a couple games is not good enough experience to judge :D keep up the great work :goodjob:

another thing I noticed in the couple games I've played is that AIs don't seem to build any wonders. sure, I've been playing on noble difficulty and pretty much slaughtered them, but even on noble difficulty they can usually snag a couple wonders. this time I easily built all of them, even early ones that I ignored for a long time. then again, maybe it's just me, or maybe it's better this way than have them waste time and get killed by barbs because they spend 200 turns trying to build a wonder of course, and a couple games are not good enough for a deep review. I'm just reporting what I'm seeing :lol:

[to_xp]Gekko;8243014 said:
btw, do you think version 2.0 is going to include better AI naval behaviour from Skyre Noktis' modmod, or will you take care of that at a latter time? my Perfectworld 2 maps would love that, they truly loved notque's and Skyre's modmods :lol:

I do plan something, though a bit different as the AI has a general problem with naval Warfare in Civ4

well, that's weird. then again, maybe I was just mistaken and that city that looked way too close to their capitol was a settlement. it's weird because it was definitely their second city, and as hammers in the beginning are very valuable you don't expect them to use a settler for a settlement instead of a full-fledged city. still, a couple games is not good enough experience to judge keep up the great work
AI will scout a bit more in the beginning now, which hopefully will improve early founding of cities.

another thing I noticed in the couple games I've played is that AIs don't seem to build any wonders. sure, I've been playing on noble difficulty and pretty much slaughtered them, but even on noble difficulty they can usually snag a couple wonders.
Your observation is correct in some parts. Illians will also not create Samhain turn one. Play on emperor and you will see that the AI still loves wonders, they just build up their infrastructure first which takes quite some time on noble. Some wonders will need higher values in general or just for a few civs (like mage guild wonder for Amurites/Sheaim) so that they attempt to build these a bit faster.

Would you mind sharing your source code, Sephi? I would like to take a look at what you've done in the dll :)

Patch 2.0 is now linked in the first post with changes! WOOHOO. I suggest to play on pangea like maps standard size. Since I have done quite a lot changes in the AI_update functions, there might be a few strange bugs hidden somewhere (apart from display issues). Please Post a savegame if you find a bug.

Would you mind sharing your source code, Sephi? I would like to take a look at what you've done in the dll :)

I included the source since you and Cyther asked. The reason I didn't included the source before is that the dll still contains stuff that doesn't belong there (hardcoding and such) and isn't that modmodders friendly (unless you rewrite code anyway).

cool, dude! just what I've been waiting for, this is going to make the weekend a lot more interesting :D

a couple questions:

1) how does the installation sequence go? do I have to install 1.0, then 1.2 , then 2.0 ?

2) why do you suggest playing on pangea? what's wrong with my beloved perfectworld2? :lol:

3) you say "( apart from display issues )" , are there any or does it just mean that there MAY be some?

4) did you also include Jean Elcard's buttons to automatically stop growth before the city goes into unhappiness/unhealthiness? I'd marry those buttons if I could, you know :lol:

thanx for the release!

[to_xp]Gekko;8252438 said:
cool, dude! just what I've been waiting for, this is going to make the weekend a lot more interesting :D

a couple questions:

1) how does the installation sequence go? do I have to install 1.0, then 1.2 , then 2.0 ?

2) why do you suggest playing on pangea? what's wrong with my beloved perfectworld2? :lol:

3) you say "( apart from display issues )" , are there any or does it just mean that there MAY be some?

4) did you also include Jean Elcard's buttons to automatically stop growth before the city goes into unhappiness/unhealthiness? I'd marry those buttons if I could, you know :lol:

thanx for the release!

1. If you have wild mana already, just patch
2. pangea like maps. So Erebus, Erebus Continent should all be fine.
3. yeah, some minor details from merging BUG 3.6.
4. sorry, no. Else I would have given him the credit he deserves :D

eh, I don't have wild mana anymore, deleted it cuz I reinstalled FFH completely. that's why I was asking :D 1.0 then 1.2 then 2.0 is good?

I take it that you suggest pangea like maps because the AI still doesn't handle naval stuff very well yet? :p

you should totally add flavourmod to the package btw ;)

[to_xp]Gekko;8252490 said:
eh, I don't have wild mana anymore, deleted it cuz I reinstalled FFH completely. that's why I was asking :D 1.0 then 1.2 then 2.0 is good?
1.0 1.1 1.2 everything works. As long as you once installed it and have all the art files.

thanks scutarii. Some elements of the pedia don't work yet. You should be able to get the trait information via the leader section. There is also an issue with spells. I don't have that much time atm so anything not game breaking (like a ctd and the like)has low priority to be fixed

I'm having a problem with 2.0: it seems that the pictures for the buttons below the unit buttons ( added by BUG, they are called "filters" ) are missing, they show up as purple squares.

some other icons are missing as well, replaced with a purple square: the ones right under maintenance in the upper left portion of the city screen. the bar that shows progress of current build in the city screen is also surrounded by a purple rectangular shape.

edit2: I also noticed that by starting a game with "play now!" some options were ticked on by default: wild mana, more mana, AI mana boost, no tech brokering, advanced terraforming, no acheron. why is that so? Skyre Noktis fixed the AIs sending huge stacks against Acheron so he shouldn't be a problem if you imported those changes. what about no tech brokering? I've heard many people say that it gives an advantage to the AIs because they always trade techs like crazy asap, but with BUG telling you as soon as someone has a tech he can trade, there should be no reason for this one either.

[to_xp]Gekko;8253538 said:
I'm having a problem with 2.0: it seems that the pictures for the buttons below the unit buttons ( added by BUG, they are called "filters" ) are missing, they show up as purple squares.
I forgot to include new Art files in the Patch :(. Patch 2.1 should fix that.

[to_xp]Gekko;8253538 said:
edit2: I also noticed that by starting a game with "play now!" some options were ticked on by default: wild mana, more mana, AI mana boost, no tech brokering, advanced terraforming, no acheron. why is that so?
So you don't miss what this mod adds :). Feel free to use any gameoption the way you want. You can also edit XML\GAMEINFO\CIV4Gameoptions and set your favorite options to be enabled by default.

sweet, thanx for patch 2.1 . those purple squares were really freaky :lol: hopefully you'll also be able to fix the civilopedia soon ( btw, in the pedia Lorelei Coral lacks a tiny button-sized image, which is showing up as a purple square, in the "promotions" tab the "autocasting" spell shows as a TXT_KEY, same for the "growth" building from the creation spell, and as you already know there's some python exceptions popping up, and the "INDEX" section is not working. )

you also mentioned some issues with spells and that you had to change the Clan of Embers due to a bug. may I ask you what these 2 issues are exactly? :goodjob:

oh, and are my guesses for the reason why you set No tech brokering and No Acheron as default, and you suggested to use pangea-like maps correct ? I'm curious to know why :D

also, a couple suggestions for the upper left corner of the main screen: the era display could be made transparent ( i.e. invisible i.e. got rid of ) since FFH has no eras, and it looks bad with that 2 lines right in the middle of "ancient era" . the science percentage display is above the civ flag which also looks bad. moving the flag right beside the minimap like in FF would be pretty nice ;)

Just started playing v2.0 of the wild mana mod. The save gave I have attached always CTD before even finishing the loading screen.

Basically started a Bannor game. Met the Illians, then a minor leader for the Calabim. Then next turn CTD.

Attachments

• a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    56 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom