Magister Modmod

I don't really want to bother uploading any art until after I have some actual custom art of my own. If you were to make art for Elven Druids, Lizardman Druids, Dryads (my Kuriotate Druid UU, sort of like a hot female treant), Thalatth the Blue Dragon, Bhall Orcs, and a Satyr version of Yvain, Druids, and Beastmasters then I'd be quick to put them in.

Honestly, I don't care much for the "Summer" version. As Sucellus was called The Lord of Summer, that should be the main and best version of the Druid. I don't think ti ought to be yellow, but a deep forest or Hunter Green. I can't seem to find anything about it online, but I could swore that I remember learning that leaves grow darker the longer their chlorophyll has been exposed to sunlight. At first I thought the "Spring" druid was too light, but I guess is is fine for the time when the first new leaves are just springing up. If you do go with a seasonal theme, I'd rather the Autumn one display the many varied colors of the foliage at that time of year, with pelnty of reds and yellows instead of just brown.

If you are having seasonal druids, you may want to keep in mind that Tali is The God of Spring (in addition to Air, Wind, Irresponsibility, and Fun), Sucellus (or maybe now Cernunnos) the God of Summer (in addition to Nature/Life, Growth, and the maturation of a child into an adult), Kilmorph is the Goddess of Autumn (as well as Earth, The Harvest, and reaping the benefits of hard work), and of course Mulcarn was the God of Winter.

I just fixed Basium's convert City spell on my PC and think I can now get homesteads to display properly. However, as patch k introduced some bugs from an old version of Wild Mana (barbarian strength gain, really slow feature growth, fireballs bombarding when ordered to attack the units in a city), I think I should wait until patch l for my next upload. (That druid would be in then anyway.)

Edit: I also noticed a graphics error with the Citadel of Light. It seems you can't just use a building tag for an improvement, although you can still use the same art if you format it right. Tying to place a Citadel of Light in worldbuilder will cause a crash, and presumably allowing a Citadel to upgrade to one will do the same. It looks a lot cooler when you can actually see it.

In one of 3 test games the Mercurians did not properly spawn when I built the Mercurian Gate. I'm thinking I may change it so that the Mercurians are not spawned in CvEventManager.py, but through a spell than can be cast in the city with the gate. It should be easier to test things when you can give yourself the gate in Wolrdbuilder and then cast te spell rather than actually having to build the thing.

What would people think if I removed all the religion-specific techs? Most of them don't really do all that much, and seem a waste of time to research imho.

What got me thinking of this is my idea to change Infernal Pact into a Ritual. This would give the civ that completes it peace with the barbarians, perhaps at the cost of some city population, and would summon a random Demon Lord (Infernal leader from Lord of the Balors). I'm thinking each Infernal leader would also appear as a hero, each with different abilities, but of course none would be stronger than Hyborem.

I'm moving the Mercurian summoning to a spell castable in the Mercurian gate's city. Actually, I'm thinking of making 2 versions, one if you want Basium as a Permanent Ally and one if you want him independent.

Also, what would you think of me making Priests not require state religion to be built, but needing it for their spells instead? And maybe adding False Priests for Esus, who look like real priests but have different abilities?

And maybe adding False Priests for Esus, who look like real priests but have different abilities?

That one I'll definitely steal!

What got me thinking of this is my idea to change Infernal Pact into a Ritual. This would give the civ that completes it peace with the barbarians, perhaps at the cost of some city population, and would summon a random Demon Lord (Infernal leader from Lord of the Balors). I'm thinking each Infernal leader would also appear as a hero, each with different abilities, but of course none would be stronger than Hyborem.

It sounds like a nice idea, but keeping it limited to just Hyborem instead of a random demon lord would be better imo (unless you mean more then once by different civs).

Having it as a repeatable cast (To a point) would be awesome. Imagine the world being taken over by the Demon lords, and now it's a battle in a hell-covered Erebus to lay claim to it all.

What would people think if I removed all the religion-specific techs? Most of them don't really do all that much, and seem a waste of time to research imho.
I don't know, Guardian of Nature, Mines of Galdur, Infernal Grimoire, Sacrifice the Weak, Bambur, Saverous, Meshabber are hardly a waste and sticking them to their religion founding tech would be way too good. You can change infernal summoning mechanics without dropping the tech anyway.

Also, what would you think of me making Priests not require state religion to be built, but needing it for their spells instead?
I kinda like it. Maybe do the same to high priests as well, would be better to disable them rather than outright kill.

And speaking of rituals, how about making one to unchain elves from their FoL curse? Could be a relatively inexpensive repeatable "Forest Empathy" ritual that gives the forest conversion effect for a limited amount of turns. Requires a WotF tech and FoL not being a state religion (to prevent AI's wasting their hammers). Just my 2:gold:.

I was thinking that I'd probably give The Infernal Pact a world limit of 7 (1 per demon Lord) and a national limit of 1, so 7 different civs could each summon a different demon lord. The Infernals themselves would probably be blocked from completing the ritual, lest the lords ally to bring them all into Erebus. Demon Lords ought to be rivals, not friends. Also, it fits the lore better for the Demon Lords to need to use a mortal to get around The Compact.

(I wrote the code for such a ritual about 2 years ago, but don't have it on my new laptop so I'll have to start from scratch.)

One problem with having multiple Infernal civs is that the current giftUnit() function would mean that each evil unit that dies could become as many as 14 Manes (2 per demon lord). I probably wouldn't be too hard to rewrite the function to be based on player rather than civ type though.

Guardians of Nature and Woodsman II don't usually seem worth researching Hidden Paths to me. I'd probably move those both to Way of the Forests (using the BtS mechanic to require FoL state religion but not necessarily unit religion for Woodsman II). I had previously planned to just move Kyriel there, but I think I'd rather just loose it. Also, Hidden Paths sounds too much like something that belongs with The Council of Esus.

I'm thinking the Arete civic, Guerilla II, and Bambur would move to Way of the Earthmother (all needing State Religion), while the Mines of Galdur would likely move to Smelting.

I'm thinking Saverous and Asylums would go to Message from the Deep, while The Tower of Complacency would go to Taxation.

I'd probably move Rosier and Sacrifice the Weak to Corruption of Spirit, while Demons Altars and The Infernal Grimorie would go to Necromancy. Meshabber of Dis might move to Malevolent Designs, but the AC prereq might be enough to allow it with Corruption of Spirit.

Actually, I've been considering removing the AC prereq for building Meshabber, but making it so that he is Held in place until the AC gets high enough. He would also be limited to entering only Hell terrain, as are Balors, Hyborem, and probably the new Demon Lords in my version. (On the other hand, as Lord of the Balors strongly implied that at least some of the Demon Lords were once mortals, I might allow them to roam Erebus, but would make them much weaker than him.)

Oh, speaking of Meshabber made me remember that I forgot to add the Pieces of the Mithril Golem equipment. I usually allow the Runes armageddon avatar be rebuilt much like Barnaxus.

Speaking of Barnaxus, I just removed the def doTurnKhazad(self, iPlayer): function, which cycled through all Luchuirp units twice and checked all Golems for promotions in order to make Barnaxus share his combat promotions as Empower promotions with other golems. I replaced it with a spell that Golems in the same stack as Barnaxus can cast in order to lean promotions from him. It requires a bit more micro, but the code is more efficient and when used right is far more powerful. (I always hated how Golems could not get promotions like Shock, Mobility, and City Raider, and now they can.)

No, I think High Priests should still require State religion. Speaking of High Priests, should I add a python prereq to the Ordain spells help enforce their national limit, or leave it so that you can have as many High Priests as you like if you are willing to sacrifice the great person for one.

I'm thinking that I'll place some alignment restrictions on building Priests. I don't want good civs spamming Rituals, considering that their Unholy Taint promotion raises their tile's plot counter and can spread hell to good lands. Allowing units for 2 of 3 alignments though will require python (or C++/schema changes, but I won't be doing that anytime soon), but not too much.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by FoL curse. Do you mean the basic synergy between the civ and its favored religion? I already moved Bloom from FoL Priests to Nature II, which helps non-FoL Ljosalfar but was really meant to boost non-Fol Svartalfar. I don't intend to unlink Ancient Forests from that religion, although I guess I could make it so that Genesis upgrades forests to Ancient Forests. A "forest conversion effect for a limited amount of turns" sounds really hard to code.

I was planning on doing just a quick merge with one bug fix (Citadel of Light graphics), but now I'm thinking the next release will be bigger than that. I was planning on releasing it right around now, but this will probably take a couple more days. Also, I just got my first significant homework assignment of the semester (due at 8am on Monday, which is my 22nd birthday), and should probably do that first. I'll be going home for the weekend (which for me usually starts 11am Thursday, but will be a half hour latter this week as I have to meet to fill out degree petition paperwork) and don't have fast internet at home, so that probably means I won't release anything until Sunday night.

Actually, I've been considering removing the AC prereq for building Meshabber, but making it so that he is Held in place until the AC gets high enough. He would also be limited to entering only Hell terrain, as are Balors, Hyborem, and probably the new Demon Lords in my version. (On the other hand, as Lord of the Balors strongly implied that at least some of the Demon Lords were once mortals, I might allow them to roam Erebus, but would make them much weaker than him.)

Once being human would not necessarily mean that a demon lord could set foot off of hell terrain. Imo the restriction is a nice reminder to spread the flames as far and as fast as you can.

MagisterCultuum said:
No, I think High Priests should still require State religion. Speaking of High Priests, should I add a python prereq to the Ordain spells help enforce their national limit, or leave it so that you can have as many High Priests as you like if you are willing to sacrifice the great person for one.

If you can still duplicate GP's with blood of the phoenix couldn't that get a little too uber?

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by FoL curse. Do you mean the basic synergy between the civ and its favored religion?

Yeah, I mean that if you're playing elves you pretty much have to go FoL. Maybe add a second Nature III spell with delayed casting to upgrade a forest tile? That would actually encourage to go CoE and use Gibbon, would fit Svartalfar nicely.

Hmm, I'd personally prefer leaving the secondary religion techs largely as-is. I remember being surprised/distirbed when the secondary Order tech was removed, actually, IIRC.

Also, does the Speaker summoning of Thallatth require Divine Essence + Stir From SLumber??

I relly relly relly don't like the idea of more then one demon civ, but its your modmod:)

I relly relly relly don't like the idea of more then one demon civ, but its your modmod:)

I like the notion. It adds more of a reason to crusade against civs either following AV or who are suspected to be heading down that path.

--

Is Malchavic supposed to have a world limit of 0? Because, I think that causes the Shrine of the Champion to be buildable on turn 1 for the Sheaim.

Also, there's several things in the civilopedia that have TXT_KEYs for names.

@Asthix:
Yeah, I suppose former mortals likely are still bound by the compact. Actually, even Archangels are free to enter creation, they are just severely limited as to what they can do when around those who don't belong to their gods. I suppose ti would be more realistic to have such units merely loose the vast majority of their strength in low plot counter tiles, but I prefer limiting them to hell. Not being able to move your best units out of hell can be quite annoying, but I consider that a good thing as it helps put the player in a demon-like mindset.

Converting a Great Prophet to a High Priest doesn't count as killing, so the units would not be reborn. You could ordain a prophet after settling it if you time things right, but that isn't nearly as overpowered. I suppose I might as well add the block though, as it doesn't seem fair to be able to go past the limit only if you remember to reach the limit with upgraded priests first.

@xalien
The elven civs have enough of a bonus with being able to have normal forests. I don't want to remove the Fol Synergy completely.

The only new way of getting ancient forests I'll consider is making Genesis upgrade forests. (Dying Treants already upgrade Forests to Ancient Forests too.)

@Tasunke
I missed it a bit too, but don't really think the current ones are good enough to keep. I've considered adding more bonuses and adding second techs for The Order, The Empyrean, and The Council of Esus, but removing them is easier.

Yes, all Dragon Resurrections require that someonehas completed Stir from Slumber (it doesn't have to be you) and that you have the Divine Essence tech. I'll consider dropping the tech requirement though, so one player can allow even technologically backwards civs to get a dragon (not that they'd have Speakers or Archmages with Creation/Dimensional/Fire/Ice/Water if they were far behind.)

@zacman:
If you don't like multiple demon lords (but don't mind the lords being random), changing that would require only changing one 1 to a -1 in CIV4Projectinfos.xml.

I'll consider making Hyborem always the first demon lords and making iti random after that, which would mean that that one change would make Hyborem the only demon lord.

@UNIT 666:
Yes, Malchiavic is supposed to have a world limit of 0, as he is a dead archmage from the Age of Magic who only enters the game if resurrected.

I meant to give the Sheaim NONE as a Shrine of the Champion UB though.

Normally I don't bother with making TXT_KEYS at all, so I'm not really used to it. I think I've fixed a few of those since the last release already (and probably made more). I know I've fixed a lot in my second release. Listing each specific TXT_KEY might be useful though.

I think the second religious tech contribute to "commitment"-flavor for your religion. Kinda : "I am a dedicated Kilmorphian (spelling?). I mastered Arete, and my Goddess gives me such bounty for it. See?"

So, I vote for let them be and add more techs for Order, Empy and Esus instead.

I like it, as long as the Demon Lords are at odds (or even straight at war) with one-another. If not, it's just not fun to play against hordes of teamed demons (as in the scenario).

I'm moving the Mercurian summoning to a spell castable in the Mercurian gate's city. Actually, I'm thinking of making 2 versions, one if you want Basium as a Permanent Ally and one if you want him independent.

Will you made more Mercurian factions also? I don't know whether the lore ever mentioned or not, but I think multiple Mercurians will balance the multiple demon factions.

Also, what would you think of me making Priests not require state religion to be built, but needing it for their spells instead? And maybe adding False Priests for Esus, who look like real priests but have different abilities?

In my (personal) modmod, I made Priests require state religion, their spells require unit religion. Then, I made a convert-to-Esus spell requiring Esus state religion. Priests may convert to Esus (thus lost their original spells) and then get another set of spells requiring Esus unit-religion and state-religion. So, you could make a Priest of Leaves to embrace Esus and cast his false spells while keep other Priest of Leaves blooming your terrain.

One problem with having multiple Infernal civs is that the current giftUnit() function would mean that each evil unit that dies could become as many as 14 Manes (2 per demon lord). I probably wouldn't be too hard to rewrite the function to be based on player rather than civ type though.

I know you can do it. Do it. Do it. Then I will steal them from you... :lol:

Speaking of Barnaxus, I just removed the def doTurnKhazad(self, iPlayer): function, which cycled through all Luchuirp units twice and checked all Golems for promotions in order to make Barnaxus share his combat promotions as Empower promotions with other golems. I replaced it with a spell that Golems in the same stack as Barnaxus can cast in order to lean promotions from him. It requires a bit more micro, but the code is more efficient and when used right is far more powerful. (I always hated how Golems could not get promotions like Shock, Mobility, and City Raider, and now they can.)

How about granting Barnaxus a PROMOTION_GOLEM_MENTOR (or anything you like) with a PyPerTurn spell granting Combats, Drills, etc to golems in same tile? Just like Govannon teach spell skills automatically?

Or a PyPerTurn spell upgrading golems in same time into UNITCOMBAT_WARFORGED, thus they become sentient and can gain exp? (Would it be possible to change the unitcombat of a unit via py?)

That's my two cent here :D

I don't really want to bother uploading any art until after I have some actual custom art of my own. If you were to make art for Elven Druids, Lizardman Druids, Dryads (my Kuriotate Druid UU, sort of like a hot female treant), Thalatth the Blue Dragon, Bhall Orcs, and a Satyr version of Yvain, Druids, and Beastmasters then I'd be quick to put them in.

Ah Magister, atm I am busy fighting bug hordes in my modmod (merged it with patch L finally :crazyeye:) but if you'd be kind enough to write detail appearance of those units, I might try to reskin them soon-ish. I highly value your comment on my reskins. ;)

Guardians of Nature and Woodsman II don't usually seem worth researching Hidden Paths to me.

GoN allows super Elven cities. It's a cornerstone in every Leaves strategy.

Everyone who goes RoK loves Bambur.

Here's all of the TXT_KEYs I could find just looking through the civilopedia, in the FFH 0.41l release. They're grouped by the category I found them in.

If there's any typos, I apologize. But I'm sure you can figure them out.

Spoiler :

Buildings
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_COUNCIL_OF_ANCIENTS
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FERTILITY
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_RIFT_GATE

Wonders
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CITY_OF_A_THOUSAND_GARDEN

Effects
TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_DIVINE2

Promotions
TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EVANGELIST

Spells and Abilities
TXT_KEY_SPELL_ASSUAGE
TXT_KEY_SPELL_BABY_BOOM
TXT_KEY_SPELL_EVANGELIZE_UNITS
TXT_KEY_SPELL_FERTILITY
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_ANGEL_OF_DEATH
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_HERALD
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_ORPHANIM
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_REPENTANT_ANGEL
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_SERAPH
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_VALKYRIE

There's also TXT_KEY_BUILD_FORCE_NODE.
I like giving every religion a unique tech better then removing them.

I really LOVE your homestead mechanic. Played a game with the Grigori and it plays fantastic. All modmods should use it :).

I think the second religious tech contribute to "commitment"-flavor for your religion. Kinda : "I am a dedicated Kilmorphian (spelling?). I mastered Arete, and my Goddess gives me such bounty for it. See?"

So, I vote for let them be and add more techs for Order, Empy and Esus instead.
I'm still leaning towards removing them for now, but may very well add them back later once enough good ideas have been put forward on how to implement religion specific techs for all religions.
I like it, as long as the Demon Lords are at odds (or even straight at war) with one-another. If not, it's just not fun to play against hordes of teamed demons (as in the scenario).
They would definitely be rivals, but not automatically at war. Each demon lord would enter the world with a diplomatic bonus with its summoner and at war with the same civs. (I'm thinking that I'll try to make it so that if you complete the ritual while at peace you'll start with a defensive pact.) The player would definitely have the option to fight fire with fire, summoning a new Demon Lord to help fight the ones that threaten them.

Will you made more Mercurian factions also? I don't know whether the lore ever mentioned or not, but I think multiple Mercurians will balance the multiple demon factions.
Probably not. I don't like making up new leaders from scratch, and established lore does not mention any other significant Mercurian commander.

I may however make it so that The Mercurian Gate is a National Wonder, which can be used to call in new reinforcements once basium has already arrived. The Radian Guard Scenario clearly outlines the construction of a second Mercurian Gate, after Basium was already unleashed by Ethne. Using the gate this way will not give you an alliance with the Mercurians, but would provide a significant diplomatic bonus. Openign a second Gate would not give you a duplicate Basium player or unit, but would resurrect the hero and restore his traits if he had already been killed. It could be used to bring the player back into the game even after he lost all his cities and units.

In my (personal) modmod, I made Priests require state religion, their spells require unit religion. Then, I made a convert-to-Esus spell requiring Esus state religion. Priests may convert to Esus (thus lost their original spells) and then get another set of spells requiring Esus unit-religion and state-religion. So, you could make a Priest of Leaves to embrace Esus and cast his false spells while keep other Priest of Leaves blooming your terrain.
I may do the same. May I ask, what kind fo Esus spells did you add?

I know you can do it. Do it. Do it. Then I will steal them from you... :lol:
Well, I'll try. I'll probably leave the old function in there too in case I miss some place kael called it, but create a new giftUnit2() function to handle it for my purposes.

How about granting Barnaxus a PROMOTION_GOLEM_MENTOR (or anything you like) with a PyPerTurn spell granting Combats, Drills, etc to golems in same tile? Just like Govannon teach spell skills automatically?

Or a PyPerTurn spell upgrading golems in same time into UNITCOMBAT_WARFORGED, thus they become sentient and can gain exp? (Would it be possible to change the unitcombat of a unit via py?)

That's my two cent here :D
I've used the pyPerTurn approach before, and may go back to it. I don't really like making a promotion that only one unit can ever use though. (Magically Liberal can spread.)

Changing a unit's unitcombat is not possible without SDK changed. In FF you could use a promotion to change unitcombat, but I no of no way to do it in FfH without just creating duplicates of each unit. I don't really like the idea of letting other golems learn on their own anyway.

Ah Magister, atm I am busy fighting bug hordes in my modmod (merged it with patch L finally :crazyeye:) but if you'd be kind enough to write detail appearance of those units, I might try to reskin them soon-ish. I highly value your comment on my reskins. ;)

I doubt mere reskins would suffice for most of them actually. I'd probably need to convince someone who makes new models to help.

I suppose you could just make one of the current dragons a Blue for Thalatth though. I of course don't mean pale Blue life Drifa's model, but a darker hue, perhaps with hints of green and gray. His color should resemble the Ocean. (Actually, it would fir the lore better if you make Drifa Whiter while you are at it. In his canonical description he is a very pure white, without a hint of blue or any other color.)

Currently I'm using a female Orcish settler for the Ball Orcs, but they should really look more like a female Shaman. These are old Orcish crones, so they shouldn't be attractive women, but should clearly be female. I imagine them as being rather hunchbacked, and having hoods that obscure most of their faces. They would be dark green skinned, wrinkled, and appear to be mostly skin and bones, but I tend to think orks of that cast don't have protruding bone blades like the warriors do.

The Satyr Druid would look similar to a normal druid, but of course have goatlike legs and horns. I'd expect horns larger than a normal Satyr, perhaps decorated with some flowers but not nearly as high or ornate as Yvain's. They may very well be bald with a larger beard. They are descended from Elves and so should have elf-like ears, but being larger and msucular like the normal druid is fine.

Yvain should be similar, but taller and more gracile I imagine him with unusually long goat-like horns, perhaps spiraling almost straight up and adorned with many white flowers. His head should look mostly elf-like, with pointed ears as well as horns. Influenced by the old Yvain pic, I imagine him with long dark hair with white streaks (as he is quite old, having been around since before the signing of The Compact), although I also add a long thin goatee. His staff would likely me more ornate than the average Druid, perhaps having more branches on the antlers or instead using the horns of a Ram of Vir, 3 Phoenix feathers instead of 1, and having vines wrapped around it, perhaps with a large flower blooming on the top (possibly with a glowing effect on the blossom). I'd picture his robes as mostly hunter green, perhaps decorated with many Phoenix feathers.

The Satyr Beastmaster could look similar. It doesn't have to be much different than a normal Beastmaster, but should be a bit larger and have goat legs and very large Ram-like horns.

GoN allows super Elven cities. It's a cornerstone in every Leaves strategy.

Everyone who goes RoK loves Bambur.

Not every leaves strategy. I often put it off until I have almost every other tech, especially when using FoL as a non-Elven civ.

I isn't like I'm thinking of removing those features, but rather making them available sooner.

Here's all of the TXT_KEYs I could find just looking through the civilopedia, in the FFH 0.41l release. They're grouped by the category I found them in.

If there's any typos, I apologize. But I'm sure you can figure them out.

Spoiler :

Buildings
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_COUNCIL_OF_ANCIENTS
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FERTILITY
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_RIFT_GATE

Wonders
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CITY_OF_A_THOUSAND_GARDEN

Effects
TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_DIVINE2

Promotions
TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EVANGELIST

Spells and Abilities
TXT_KEY_SPELL_ASSUAGE
TXT_KEY_SPELL_BABY_BOOM
TXT_KEY_SPELL_EVANGELIZE_UNITS
TXT_KEY_SPELL_FERTILITY
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_ANGEL_OF_DEATH
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_HERALD
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_ORPHANIM
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_REPENTANT_ANGEL
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_SERAPH
TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_VALKYRIE

There's also TXT_KEY_BUILD_FORCE_NODE.
I like giving every religion a unique tech better then removing them.

Thanks. Ill fix those, but can't guarantee I won't add mroe TXT_KEY errors while I'm at it.

I haven't made a 0.41l release yet, although I suppose the 0.41k version might still be compatible with it. I think using it like that would mean that you loose the new druid graphics though, and that your Mustevals don't bleed.

If you want more religion specific techs, I'd recommend you start making proposals of what to cal them, how much they should cost, and what they should provide.

I really LOVE your homestead mechanic. Played a game with the Grigori and it plays fantastic. All modmods should use it :).
Glad you like it. Come to think of it, I hadn't actually played a Grigori game long enough to actually see it in action. (I counter attacked too strongly, thus preventing enemies from reaching my Homesteads in the first place.) It's good to know it actually works.

Hopefully in my next release I'll have the LSsystem working so that the Homesteads actually have visible fields.

I may implement a similar mechanic for Bannor Towns and forts. Creating alternate improvements for those would however be tricky (as an improvement can only have one upgrade), and it seems like it could slow the game down too much it if had to run the python call no matter who owns the tile.

Has anyone tested the Citadel of Light mechanic? I don't think I've tested it yet either. This Malakim unique Citadel upgrade should be dealing damage (the amount based on how much Sun Mana you control) to enemy units that move into adjacent tiles.

I'd caution players to be careful though, as my last release has an art error in that improvement define (it turns out you cannot just use a building art define, although following the format for an improvement you can still use the art, which I think looks better in improvement form) which has to be fixed or else the game will crash when the improvement is created. (I'm not at my computer or else I'd go ahead and post the corrections to get the graphics right. If you want to test it now I'd recommend just changing the Citadel of Light to use the Citadel art, even though the animated Citadel of Light graphics are much cooler.)

Edit: ok, from a post in another thread I think we are speaking of different things when when we say Homestead mechanic. I was speaking of its pythonOnMove call, which should generate weak, limited duration defenders when an enemy enters the tile. It is supposed to represent the disorganized local militias that will fight to defend their homes even though they never bother to show up for duty otherwise and will never stick around long enough to help you launch a counter attack. It should help slow down invasions and make you focus less on building a standing army, but not actually win any wars for you.

Top Bottom