Derf's Ashes Modules

Haha nice idea... I knew of the 1 gnoll model in the RifE database. But not of Kha. I only looked into the fpk of RifE. And I only played "standard Orbis", and never tryed LENA. I'll dl it soon and see if I'll have courage enough to restart reskinning.
Regards

Hey Derf, Could you please update links for AoE mods from first page? Dropbox dropped them:). Thanks.

All links updated. I missed the change notification about Dropbox's Public folder and had to regenerate the links.
Note that I haven't had Civ4 installed for a while, so I don't know if any more updates are needed to make them work with current AoE

Going to take a look myself, actually. Broken wrist has meant I can't play most of the games I've been playing lately because they need both hands, but Civ isn't hard to play one handed. I've had issues with Civ5 and haven't even looked at 6, so I'll settle for coming back to something nice and enjoyable, like burning Erebus in hellfire, and incidentally (and maybe slowly) fixing things along the way.
Might even try to figure out why Rebirth and Legend only CtD's when loaded by the Steam version of BtS but not one installed from disks.

Module compatibility is fine for the downloadable release version for all modules. I am unable to check for the SVN Aoe version due to it failing to reach the main menu with Windows' unhelpful "Civilization 4 has stopped working". SVN was obtained using the instructions in the AoE main thread.
Therefore, until I can remedy this, I cannot guarantee SVN compatibility, and if it works for you, you use my modules at your own risk. Please report issues that arise all the same, as once I get it working I'll handle any issues that blaxk_imperator hasn't already kindly taken care of for me (or anyone else, for that matter).

Edit: Issue fixed. All modules have received cursory testing, and only Scion Healthcare is NOT SVN AoE compatible. A note has been added about this on the first post, and the module will be looked at and rebuilt to fix it later. Further issues and notes will be listed below as playtesting reveals them. This means the below is also my todo list.

-Scion Healthcare: needs a rebuild to identify cause of CtD
-Keepers of Noggormotha: Functional but broken artwork

Last edited:
Thanks for relinking, Derf.
As for Keepers of Noggormotha, renaming directory name to Noggormotha should work fine. or updating paths in xml. I think so.
And about compatibility, I'm using AoE v_14.11 r_295 and some modules are conflicting with each other, like advworkers-mombuildings. Also, fortification module is conflicting with rifemoreevents module. Jotnar ( only Yours version checked ) had errors on startup so I disabled it. Frozen have mislinked pedia entries or something :).
I didn't played much, but I've noticed quite frequent crashing during pushing endturn since I was only using few modules from SVN version. Cheers.

Last edited:
The conflicts between my own modules should be safe to ignore since they modify different things. Fortifications and more events should be the same, but I'll make a note to check in case an update has changed that.
Frozen and Jotnar both need looking at. Frozen has some lingering python issues last time I checked, and I think the version that comes with AoE has fixes not in mine. I need to go through those two and probably recreate them off the current AoE versions.

btw, how about GIR's modules? Anyone were thinking about adjusting them to AoE? Imperial Roads used to be very cool, as far as I remember.

I think I may have looked at them at some point in the past, but if I did I didn't keep any notes or copies of the modules. Once my wrist is healed and I can actually use both hands to type properly, I'll have another look-see while fixing up the others too.

Posting to this thread on the off-chance some one cares to take a crack at addressing the corner case i have discovered with the "keepers of noggmortha" modual.

The issue is that hidden nationality units will kill a keeper and not transfer the fragments, or resurrect the keeper, leading to no chance that noggmortha can ever appear as there are now insufficient fragments left in the world. It basically means that joining fragments HAS to occur before anyone founds/adopts either Esus or produces shadows. After that the AI invariably produces some hidden units and one or more keepers gets killed by chance.

Hey... I just came back to this site after a long (LONG) hiatus, and wanted to say - thank you so much Derf, for keeping the Myu Collective alive. I'm in the process of downloading AoE and your maintained files for the Myu. At this point, having been away from RifE and Civ IV for so long, I'll get to play them like a brand new Civ designed by someone else. If I find any bugs, I'll see if I can fix them and send you a new version.

I'm interested to see what RifE and the extended modmod universe have been up to lately.

If anyone was still wondering about the original direction of the third unreleased Myu leader, I have to say that I lost all of my development files on a crashed hard drive. The idea was going to be that Divine units would have whole new Psionics available to them and that one of the Divine Psionic spells allowed the creation of a new civilization based around Elementals - their units were entirely dependent on which Mana nodes you controlled. I was probably about 50-75% done with the XML work on that, but still needed to do unit models which would have taken quite a while. I wish I still had those files to continue work on, but still, I'm overjoyed that someone kept the Myu around as a playable faction and that there is still work being done on FfH related mods this long into the life of Civ IV. In a lot of ways, I think Civ V and Civ VI did add improvements to the vanilla game, but I'm not sure any game will ever have the amazing mod community of Civ IV.

Ugh, well, found at least one bug. Telepaths (and probably Warriors and Veterans) can get Bronze and Iron Weapons. Considering that not getting those was part of the balance of them getting Channeling and spells, and that Telepaths specifically get additional bonuses to help them match up against Axemen, that's kind of a big one. Not sure if it was always a bug of the Myu and I just didn't notice (seems like a big one not to notice), or if it's something new to Ashes of Erebus (maybe Iron and Bronze weapons are defined differently in AoE). I'll have to look into it.

Also, a lot of my Pedia text seems to be missing. Again, not sure if I never released it or if it was lost, since the original Myu download attachment files are no longer stored on Civ Fanatics and I lost all of my development files on a crashed harddrive. If I can get some free time and motivation to work on it, I might replace that stuff... We'll see how it goes.

Other than that though, I'm really enjoying playing the Myu in AoE. Had a bunch of crashes with the SVN version (after having trouble getting ANYTHING to work for a few days until I figured out that the Mod needs to be installed under the game's program directory and NOT in Documents/My Games (where a Mod directory also exists, but doesn't seem to work)), but managed to get the 2014 stable version of AoE running. It may be pretty old, but it's newer than the last version of RiFE I had been playing, and helped remind me of how much fun FFH-inspired modding in Civ IV was. I still like a lot of the things that Civ V and Civ VI added to the vanilla game, but still no FFH-like full conversion mods for those. Nor anything at all that comes close to being as fun as RiFE circa 2011.

Ugh, well, found at least one bug. Telepaths (and probably Warriors and Veterans) can get Bronze and Iron Weapons. Considering that not getting those was part of the balance of them getting Channeling and spells, and that Telepaths specifically get additional bonuses to help them match up against Axemen, that's kind of a big one. Not sure if it was always a bug of the Myu and I just didn't notice (seems like a big one not to notice), or if it's something new to Ashes of Erebus (maybe Iron and Bronze weapons are defined differently in AoE). I'll have to look into it.

Hmm... well, it's not quite as widespread as I thought. I have Warriors still around in my empire that do not have Bronze or Iron weapons, so it looks like it's properly blocked on them. But Telepaths that I build are getting Iron Weapons even though they shouldn't. Looking at the unit, Iron Weapons shows up higher on their promotions than Psionic, so it looks like maybe it is getting applied first. I don't 100% remember how promotions work in XML, since it's been about 6 years since I last looked at it, but maybe I need to find a way to make Psionic "remove" Bronze and Iron weapons and not just "block" them.

Edit: Yep, that was it. I had to add the following to the Psionic Promotion:
Code:
            <PromotionOverwrites>
                <Promotion>PROMOTION_BRONZE_WEAPONS</Promotion>
                <Promotion>PROMOTION_IRON_WEAPONS</Promotion>
            </PromotionOverwrites>

Last edited:
1517158198826-1489939246.jpg
1517158253892693222500.jpg
15171583020651285566162.jpg
1517158348063-1730076649.jpg
1517158373687-608319541.jpg
1517158431403343975281.jpg
1517158482739104681854.jpg
1517158538519-160638284.jpg
1517158564475787970371.jpg
1517158596157-330288390.jpg
I've encountered a few issues I would really like help with or even tell me what to edit to fix. Thank you so much for the modules! I've loved this mod for many years now (Thanks for pickin it up black_imperator! Amazin work!) and what you've done has only made it a more enjoyable experience. Problems are in images. Sorry if they are a bit much as im not used to posting (whether hidin them under spoilers or attachments).

Last edited:
hmmm it looks like you tried to run some of the modules with the svn version. I have only updated a few of them, the ones that people had asked for. If you tell me which modules you want, i'll update them and add them to the svn download.

Speaking of modules, my module redefines the unit definition of the Mechanos worker UU because by default it does not have a custom art define. So if you changed anything about the unit from the stable version that might need updating. Well that or you might want to implement a custom art define even if it's the same model. Or something.

Top Bottom