Space Race victory

Insidion

Chieftain
I want to try and win the space race if possible next game i play. I'm kinda new, I was wondering which leadership qualities are best for that in people's opinions.

Thanks,

Insidion

All of them, imo.

Getting to the space race can be accomplished by nearly any of the means available -- beat everybody down until your empire has too much of a production lead, woo (or bribe) everybody into liking you so you can peacefully tech into and construct the space ship, etc.

Personally, though, I like Financial / Organized for the massive :gold: you'll have on hand to buy all the wars you need to keep everyone busy as you shoot to the stars.

Check out this article:

Winning the Space Race Peacefully – The Endgame

I want to try and win the space race if possible next game i play. I'm kinda new, I was wondering which leadership qualities are best for that in people's opinions.

Thanks,

Insidion

You could probably win space race with almost any of the leaders if you want to. It usually takes the longest of the victory conditions to achieve (with the exception of a time victory), so the real trick is surviving long enough and prospering enough to be able to achieve it.

Your first time through, I would recommend trying out a Financial leader simply because additional gold helps your research, and space race wins definitely involve the most research. Elizabeth would be good for this since she's also Philosophical for cheaper universities, more great people, and a unique building that generates even more money.

On the other hand, England doesn't have an early UU. The other approach is to grab some territory with a good early UU and then go into builder/researcher mode. Huayna Capac would be good for this--besides the Financial trait he's Industrious for cheaper wonders and has a UU that's perfect for an out-of-the-gate rush of your closest neighbour.

Thanks guys. Of the 3 games I've played 2 were time victories (I can't seem to kill off the other civs quickly enough so i never make it to domination) and one i lost to Elizabeth in 2046 when she completed the space ship and i was ahead in points. Ouch.

So I figured I'd go for some specific goal (i think that's been my problem, i don't really have a plan besides keeping up on techs and building an army).

On a side note, Sisiutil, I reference your beginner strategy guide all the time! It's great, thanks :)

-Insidion
Noble Difficulty

Top Bottom