Tom's Recolouration Factory

Per Civinator's Request...

Egyptian Worker Darker Version (my recolouring of Plotinus' Egyptian Worker)

EgyptianWorker.gif

Download here... EgyptianWorkerRecolor.rar

Tom

One more time thank you very much Tom. :)

Cheers Tom - it looks splendid. :goodjob: This is going to be the unit for Blue Monkey in the super hero scenario.

I know you're a very busy man these days, Tom, but if you feel like it I need a colour conversion of this unit by Hikaro Takayama.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12233

I'd like the yellow to be changed to a darkish eleven forresty green and the hair changed to blond or white.

No biggie if you can't do it.

Cheers,

Nick

The hair is going to be a problem.. the exact same colors used in parts of the hair are also used in the lightning bolt itself and in various pixels in the shows and belt.

Selecting by color selects every color in the image, no way around it.

The only way to do it would to be to manually use something like a Contiguous-only Magic Wand with a color tolerance just enough to grab only the hair; problem is this cannot be done on a whole storyboard (it could, but not automatically). Done manually would require the correct click using this Magic Wand on each frame to grab only the hair. Storyboards x Each direction x Frame Counts = a whole lot of clicks and time.

Clothes work fine though. This is one of the probs with recolors, many run into this problem.

You can see here what happens; the hair is yellow'ish so it stands out here... all other yellow pixels were the same color as the original black hair color. Hair almost has to stay black. White hair may look fine for lightning bolt, but would show on shoes and belt.

The hair is going to be a problem.. the exact same colors used in parts of the hair are also used in the lightning bolt itself and in various pixels in the shows and belt.

Selecting by color selects every color in the image, no way around it.

The only way to do it would to be to manually use something like a Contiguous-only Magic Wand with a color tolerance just enough to grab only the hair; problem is this cannot be done on a whole storyboard (it could, but not automatically). Done manually would require the correct click using this Magic Wand on each frame to grab only the hair. Storyboards x Each direction x Frame Counts = a whole lot of clicks and time.

Clothes work fine though. This is one of the probs with recolors, many run into this problem.

You can see here what happens; the hair is yellow'ish so it stands out here... all other yellow pixels were the same color as the original black hair color. Hair almost has to stay black. White hair may look fine for lightning bolt, but would show on shoes and belt.

Good enough for me. I don't mind the yellow around the lightning bolt at all, in fact I think it looks rather good. I'd rather not have the yellow on the shoes, belt etc but I can certainly live with it!

Thanks a million Tom!

Nick

EDIT: Any chance you could do another version changing the yellow clothes to black and leaving the hair black.

These units are for my hero RPG game. I'm trying to incorporate as many different graphics as possible and trying to have female and male versions of different classes where possible. Eg Male Elf Mage and Female Elf Mage. The green with blond hair will be the female Woodelf mage and if you are kind enough to do a black version then that will be the female Dark Elf mage.

What program are you using for the color changing? If you're using Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, you could possibly use layers to change only the hair of the elf chick... I.e. use the indexed file to come up with green suit with brown hair and green suit with blonde hair... Then just put the brown hair (and everything else) in a layer over top the blonde one, then erase the area around the head so that the blonde hair shows through...

Then all you need to do is re-load your pallette (indexed mode) and you're good to go (i've done similar with some of my C&P units and Munits)

Top Bottom