RifE Launcher thread

Any mod can potentially contain malicious code. Whether you download it via a launcher or not.

Yeah, but if you download it manually, then almost every browser now has virus checking, and i'm afraid, that using launcher would bypass that. And I don't know how many people do have resident shield on.

But as I said, I'm not gonna implement any kind of module install / download routine. Period.

Yeah, but if you download it manually, then almost every browser now has virus checking, and i'm afraid, that using launcher would bypass that. And I don't know how many people do have resident shield on.

You know, that never even occurred to me. My only experience from using the inbuilt virus scanner is occasionally being annoyed that my download never completes because Firefox insists on doing something that is the job of the resident shield.

Not quite sure if this would go here or the bug thread or whatever, but none of the modules I install are showing up in the launcher or the Modules folder. I download, then open with 7zip, extract to <my path to civ>/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise from Erebus/Assets/Modules/NormalModules, it says complete and yet no modules appear in the folder. Am I doing it wrong?

Not quite sure if this would go here or the bug thread or whatever, but none of the modules I install are showing up in the launcher or the Modules folder. I download, then open with 7zip, extract to <my path to civ>/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise from Erebus/Assets/Modules/NormalModules, it says complete and yet no modules appear in the folder. Am I doing it wrong?

wrong folder ? wrong mod folder ?
try to extract the file on your desktop and then copy it into /modules/normalmodules folder ...

Yeah, that worked. Still don't know what the problem was, but it's working now. Thanks!

I tried something... Basically, my architecture was this:

Mod 1 in Modules/NormalModules/OperaMods/
Mod 2 in Modules/NormalModules/OperaMods/

Mod 2 depends on Mod 1.

Using the MLF file, I make it so Mod 1 is loaded before Mod 2.

I did this to avoid having to tell players to put Mod 1 into the FirstLoad folder and Mod 2 wherever else but in it.

However in the Launcher only OperaMods appears.

I don't have any issue but I'm wondering whether I should go for this route or for the FirstLoad route. The FirstLoad one would have the benefit of showing all the mods, not just the set of mods. But the OperaMods route has the advantage of being simpler to install.

I think that using FirstLoad / SecondLoad would be better, because:
* Mod1 could be also used by other module and that would create new dependency problem that would be solved again by FirstLoad / SecondLoad or i'd have to create some dependency manager
* it would require adding MLF file editor, because if you would remove Mod2 while keeping Mod1, it would still be still registered in that MLF file, and i'm not sure what would happen

note: i'll try to add check whether depencendy is in earlier load order (( if Mod2 is dependent on Mod1, then check whether Mod2 is in later loadorder than Mod1 ))

guesss I don't know much about modding, but what does it mean by first pass and second pass and so on? Does that mean that it will load the mod on second pass after (and thus, overwriting) the first pass? or the other way around? or do i have it all wrong?:crazyeye:

uploaded current RifE launcher version [[ svn rev 122 ]]

I'm getting an exception whenever I try to manage modules with 122.

Spoiler :
Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at RifELauncher.FormModules.ParseVersionFile(DirectoryInfo pDir)
   at RifELauncher.FormModules.LoadFromHdd()
   at RifELauncher.FormModules.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Is this what happens when not all modules have version.txt or info.txt?

that (( some module doesn't have info.txt / version.txt )) shouldn't have any effect on it, because ParseVersionFile checks whether "info.txt" or "version.txt" is in the folder or not ...
but i found one thing, that could cause it - empty line in info.txt causes index out of bounds error

edit: and that should be that error, because it's only occurrence of array, where index could over/under-flow

ok, fixed version is now posted in first thread (( rv 124 ))

and if even this doesn't work, then someone would have to send me their Module and InactiveModule folders ...

That fixes it. And like a hydra, two new issues spring up in it's place.

* It looks like the launcher isn't using the manually added RiFE path. Not a big deal since I only had it in a different directory to test it.

* It also looks like the launcher itself might be to blame for having access denied to module directories. I deactivated some modules to try and find out which ones were causing a conflict. Without doing anything else on my computer, reactivating the modules caused the error.

* It looks like the launcher isn't using the manually added RiFE path. Not a big deal since I only had it in a different directory to test it.

RifE path or Alt.Root path ??

Milaga said:
* It also looks like the launcher itself might be to blame for having access denied to module directories. I deactivated some modules to try and find out which ones were causing a conflict. Without doing anything else on my computer, reactivating the modules caused the error.

I don't think that Launcher would cause this, it only unflags readonly flag for whole module and it's content ...
so try to set permission for yourself and check read only blah, blah, blah, blah ... if that doesn't work, run launcher it as admin

I am having a problem with moving modules around that contain art. Putting them in any pass other than Load Any causes the art to not show up. Also, when it comes to modules overwriting others and they are both in Load in Any Pass, which overwrites which? A problem when you can't move the one with art in it to another pass.

it's on my todo list, see ? :D
Spoiler todo list :
- separate module enbale / disable - loadorder a/1/2/3/4
- change all path references when changing loadorder
DONE - copy current list of active modules into clipboard
- make number of load orders dynamic

everytime i try to launch RifE from the launcher, I get a message saying that Beyond the Sword has stopped working.

I haven't even seen the main menu of this game ; ;

does anyone know how to fix this?

Top Bottom