R.E.D. modpack

@Nutty: Yes I did but I am not sure which version and which mods I should download first. There are manny different versions. and I am a little bit confused now. And do I need other DLC's for Civ 5, because I don't have the other DLC's

Oke I did fix it, I did change the .sCiv5mods to 7z extension now it works, I just have one more question and I hope that I don't ask for much but what files do I need for the R.E.D WWII mod?

I desperatly need help i cant get this mod to work first it doesnt show on mods menu and if i extract it, it shows, i enable it and when i try to start a SP game it crashes on load screen, iv tried to lower graphics, iv tried dx9 and crashes even sooner.

I found R.E.D modpack version 0.11 and it worked perfectly it even installed itself from mod menu so what i need is to find a previous version of this mod like 26 or 25 can some1 tell me where i can find all the other versions of this mod?

ty im desperate to start a new game but i dont want to play without this modpack.

Perhaps I am wrong but it seems to me that some units are taken from some of my mods from Rome total war game ...

Just in case woudl be nice a reminder for credits . I have allowed theuse of such models in many other mods for that game as well .

@Prometheus_tss: Gedemon didn't make any of these units, but danrell (who has been the most prolific in his unit adaptations for CiV) may have used some of your unit models in his Ancient Unit Packs without attribution (though some may be adaptations of Civ4 adaptations of your work). If you post in danrell's thread (or you could use the exclamation mark "Report Post" button to send a message directly to the moderators), they can make sure you are given due credit for your models (and FWIW Gedemon could also include the information in R.E.D. Modpack's readme file).

Any news from this mod? Can we hope in a version 28 in the future?

Recently I'm using Ethnic Units of BrutalSamurai22 from Steam.. I miss the scale of your mod but from the July of 2013 many other models was created or converted to civ 5..

Can we hope in a version 28 in the future?
Gedemon's been away for the last 3 months, but I imagine he'll be back soon. Either way I was thinking I would release an unofficial hotfix based on my personal build until he got around to incorporating (or rejecting) my ideas.

I've done most of the work already, but I became excited about a new idea: embarked unit diversity.

Now that Wolfdog converted the War Junk, rather than use it as a Chinese Frigate, I thought it would see better use as a middle-era embarked unit for Asian civs (while other civs have the galleon embarked graphics). I can add in some sail/flag variations for the European civs based on JustATourist's Civ4 reskins (some of which Wolfdog has converted as War Galleons). Also, I'm not sure how well it fits, but I was thinking the Andean Cargo Ship might work as an early-era embarked vessel for South American civs [we're unfortunately not going to have cargo ship ethnicity, so using it thusly won't take that unit away from such a use].

Anyway, I've got the embarked unit diversity working. It requires a tiny bit of Lua with a purely cosmetic effect, so I think it's within the scope of Gedemon's philosophy for R.E.D. Modpack. Even if the consensus is to use the War Junk as a Frigate instead, the sail/flag reskins for the European civs will add some nice flavor.

Here is my list of changes (so far) from v.27. I've bolded those that weren't brought up in January in my post #885 and TheLohoped's post #886 above:
  • embarked unit diversity
  • add bernie14's longswordsmen for Portugal, Venice, and city states Ragusa and Vatican City
  • add Civitar & Nutty's Reislaufer [anachronistic] Swiss guard (pikeman) for city state Vatican City
  • add Patum333's Netherlands archer (composite bowman)
  • add Snafusmith's P-40 Warhawk (fighter) for Brazil
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of Bakuel's Streltsy (musketmen) for Russia
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of bernie14's Napoleonic French infantry for French Cannon crew
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of bernie14's Sioux knight for Shoshone
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of dutchking's ML-20 Howitzer (artillery) for Russia
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of Gagonite's Arquebusier (musketman) for Austria, Poland, and central European city states
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of GeneralMatt's War Junk
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of KrugerPritz's A129 Mangusta (helicopter gunship) for Rome (Italy)
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of KrugerPritz & Nikko's Ariete MBT (modern armor) for Rome (Italy)
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of KrugerPritz & Nikko's Dardo IFV (mechanized infantry) for Rome (Italy)
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of Refar's Astute class (nuclear submarine) for England
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of Snafusmith's Los Angeles class (nuclear submarine) for America
  • add Wolfdog's conversion of TheCoyote's Akula class (nuclear submarine) for Russia
  • add zwei833's conversion of the Realism: Invictus musketman for Germany (HRE)
  • update bernie14's French and German cavalry
  • fix missing sref for Wolfdog's Rafale jet fighter
  • add ProtectedBigGun formation for the Indian Civ Pack

Let me know what I've left out, keeping in mind we aren't adding any new unit types, and we are attempting to maintain era consistency between the variations of a given unit type.

Nutty, I have seen a V.28 of R.E.D. but that however I think is made for a World War 2 scenario since all the units are of World War 2. I.e. All the jet fighters were either the British, Japanese, and Nazi developed jet fighters for the war.

Also, if you're looking for units to add to this there are several modern day submarines that can be used for Nuclear Submarines, the Nimitz and Kuznetsov Classes for Russia, China, and America, also for modern day carriers there's also the Queen Elizabeth and Portes-Avons Classes already uploaded, and finally there were modern day ground infantry uploaded that can be used for paratrooper graphics for every country.

Is there a list of all the Ethnic Units used by Gedemon in this mod?
A file maiby?

It will be easier search for the missing ones.

In the meantime another suggestion is to modify even the new BNW Nations.

For example Venice could have all the Rome (Italy) "modern" units.
Not the Ancient ones, Venice was found between the 800-900 AD, when the Roman Empire was already fallen.

Is there a list of all the Ethnic Units used by Gedemon in this mod?
There was a spreadsheet at one point, but it's outdated. I started an update at one point, so I'll try to finish it up.

Even though there are few, e.g., Venetian units, R.E.D. uses some units as generics on a regional basis, e.g., Venice gets some generic "Mediterranean" units. It can sometimes be a tough balance to strike, however.

Top Bottom