The age of the people here waiting for civ5?

Your age -

• 0-10

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 11-15

Votes: 38 5.7%
  • 16-20

Votes: 108 16.1%
  • 21-25

Votes: 140 20.8%
  • 26-30

Votes: 157 23.4%
  • 31-35

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • 36-40

Votes: 52 7.7%
  • 41-45

Votes: 26 3.9%
  • 46-50

Votes: 26 3.9%
  • 51-55

Votes: 21 3.1%
  • 56-60

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • +61

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
53 in a few more days

Well that's the problem with the internet, I'm 43 this year, with 23 years in the Canadian Army :p But you really are as young as you want to be, I still have the heart of a 23 year old....mind you my knees are 60 :p

CS

I thought you were about 22:lol:. Well, doesn't matter anyway, just means you have more experience in comprehending the awsome might that is civ:D.

i'm sure there are people who would kick me for this, but having to click that 26-30 button instead of 20-25 was a truly horrifying experience.
I had a more horrifying experience. I had to click 45-49. I'm counting how many non-gray hairs I have left.
LoL. I had a little different experience. It felt odd clicking the 36-40 range vs a 40+. I thought the 30's had left me for good at the close of summer last. If not for feeling the aches of the days labor, the inclusion into a 30's range mighta made me feel a bit younger. I've yet to earn the distinguishing mark of grey hair. Wear them with pride!

Well I'm right in the most popular group, so I don't feel so bad :)

I got civ1 in 1996 at the age of 13, civ2 the next year I guess, IIRC.

did you expect the age distribution to be normal too? interestingly it isn't, there is a flat region between ages of 35 to 55

also, maybe we can start another poll: How long have you been playing civ...
for me its been like 15 years

i was 12 when civ 1 came out.. i remember it to this day.. i cant remember a single week of civilian life (outside my military service) going by without a few hours as Caesar, Stalin or Hammurabi

right after writing this i had an epiphnay: The Throne Room !!

interesting results. More younger players than I anticipated. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I've been playing civ since my brother showed me civ2 in the mid 90's. Been hooked every since. I graduated in the early 90's, that's the extent of which I will reveal my age.

i'm sure there are people who would kick me for this, but having to click that 26-30 button instead of 20-25 was a truly horrifying experience. it gave me three more grey hairs. THREE OF THEM!

Feel kicked. ;)

I had a more horrifying experience. I had to click 45-49. I'm counting how many non-gray hairs I have left.

Same here. Just be glad we have any hairs left at all. :lol:

I've been playing Civ literally since Day 1. I bought Civ1 the day it came out in Germany in 1991 and haven't stopped playing since then. The newest version of Civ was always on my PC and I've always come back to it, though other games caught my interest for a limited time.

well, i turned 42 at end of january, and have been playing civ since it came out... with a few intervals blasting bad guys in an fps kinda way.

(go 'Nucks!)

I got Civ 2, i was 15...
:goodjob:

28 here. I am glad to see all ages playing these great games, especially you younger cats. All I hear from my ex-gf's 13y.o. brother is graphics graphics graphics. Don't get me wrong, I like graphics, but game-play and thinking come before that. Example, Super Dodge Ball on the NES, badass game, especially verse your friend/enemy, terrible graphics, great game-play. Respect to you all!

SCREW GRAPHICS IT IS ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY!!!!
better graphics are nice, but the gameplay is vastly more important, for those of you complaining about us Whipper snappers, we are the ones who shall continue it to Civ XL, to those of you who are no longer young except at heart, we thank you for keeping this game going

As for I, I started playing Civ II at the rip age of 6! those 11 years ago

I turn 20 on Saturday. I started playing Civ III in 2002 I believe...I think I got it for my 12th birthday, put it aside for a while, then picked it up about a year later and got hooked from there.

Turned 30 last summer! Got hooked on civ3 in 2004, then played civ 4 and warlords, then went back to civ4 vanilla. Now I can't get that to work on my new pc with windows 7. This next 6 months of waiting is going to be a long 6 months. Good thing time goes by faster the older you get! No grey hairs yet, but lost enough sleep playing civ to have aged prematurely I am sure.

SCREW GRAPHICS IT IS ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY!!!!
Indeed! Glad to see that at least one whipper snapper agrees! Occasionally I still play Civ2 on my old Playstation.
Its about the game not the graphics! Case in point: The TripleA version of Axis and Allies vs the Gametable version.

Top Bottom