155 things you didn't know until Civ5 taught you

70. Nuking your own cities brings happiness and joy to your citizens.

Love this one.

85. Mitsubishi Zeros can be constructed without knowledge of combustion

86. An academy can be built instantly, but a library may take hundreds of years

87. One individual engineer can magically construct an entire wonder by himself, which may otherwise take a thousand years (in some cities)

88. Archers can shoot further than Modern Armours

89. When the secrets of Iron Working were fully researched, the pioneers discovered... they had no iron

meh, this is meant to be comedy?

please, do tell me another......

Oh, come on now. How can you not think the quote below about sheep is not funny?

24. Throughout history, no civilization has been able to mine hills that are defended by sheep. The sheep hate mines and are very fierce, so no-one will dare to mine near them. The sheep however don't mind being put in pens and eaten.

Granted, it's probably the best one so far, but still......

The only 2 options for warfare are letting everybody dogpile in a giant mess of axes, tanks, catapults, etc and attacking another pile OR not letting any types stand near eachother or pass through the land someone is already standing on
God bless you.

Oh, come on now. How can you not think the quote below about sheep is not funny?

The sheep one is definitely golden. I also liked the one about the foxes chasing their tails.

90. In the year 2010, it would finally be determined that war weariness was a myth. The fact that citizens of nations at war became uncomfortable was just a coincidence, every single time.

Never seen any unit transforming into a train. Maybe we have been playing different games? Oh, that must be some new DLC spell

I think that he is talking about railroads (units having more movement on them).

Wow, another one of these useless threads.

Seriously, i suggest You to imagine, that all Your points are implemented in game. Let's go further, whole real life through 6000 years is perfectly implemented. What a boring game would it be...

Games *need* to be a bit simplified, have weird rules, so they're *playable* - it's called game design

Now go to play civ4 and make list of flaws there, because there will be many, when You will do it with the same logic.

from your post count I guess you never played 4, or other games.
I suggest you do that now, because in 5, the simplification and nonsense you mention has gpne much further then neccesary

90. No Civilization in history has completely explored five social policy trees. For example, medieval Europe was not Traditional, Honorable, Pious, Commercial, and did not exercise Patronage. :)

Despite rumors to the contrary, there is religion in this game. Units can sometimes walk on water on coastal hexes.

Despite rumors to the contrary, there is religion in this game. Units can sometimes walk on water on coastal hexes.

Brilliant!

Whatever # you're on: Despite rumors to the contrary, there is religion in this game. The 10 leaders of the nations NEVER die.

96. At least five US citizens are content that they've got a source of Marble somewhere in the Nation.

Top Bottom