nunor

King
Morocco's been confirmed!

Leader: Ahmad al-Mansur

Capital: Marrakesh

Symbol: Green five-pointed star on red background

[Basically, it's the Moroccan flag]

UA: Gateway to Africa

- Receives +3 Gold and +1 Culture for each international trade route with a different civ or city-state. The trade route owners receive +2 Gold for each trade route sent to Morocco.

UU: Berber cavalry

UI: Kasbah

Sources:
-IGN Preview
-3djuegos.com preview

If we get another Expansion or DLC I want Civs like Morocco and Indonesia that never were in any other Civ game. Morocco looks pretty nice.

Very interesting!

I wonder what the kasbah and cav does :) (Edit: Cav is 34 strength)

And now I'm going to watch that IGN preview, see if there's more to find :)

hey I was right about what the UA was, kind of, mostly just for the wrong civ.

It's not Kahina and I was right all along!
Muhahahah! :devil:

Very interesting!

I wonder what the kasbah and cav does :)

And now I'm going to watch that IGN preview, see if there's more to find :)

UA: Gateway to Africa: +3 gold and culture from every international trade route with a civ or city-state. Trade route owners receive +2 gold for each trade route sent to Morocco.
UU: Berber Cavalry: Mounted unit with combat bonus on desert tiles and inside Moroccan territory.
UI: Kasbah: Build on desert tyles and provides food, production and gold. Provides same +50% combat bonus as a fort.

The Kasbah's tip is (from what I can tell): A Kasbah can only be built on a Desert tile. It provides one additional Food Production and Gold. It also provides +50% defense bonus on??? ... Must be built in Moroccan territory,

Petra has been changed to a supposed trade-based bonus - most likely extra trade routes. Of course, it could still offer a desert bonus AND a trade route one, but it was powerful enough already!

Taking it at its 'least helpful' assumption, that it only works on flat desert (no hills) and that Petra has changed... 1F 1P 1G seems a bit underwhelming, until you look at the bigger picture. Since rivers have lost their extra gold, there will be a lot less in general on the map, meaning an improvement that grants even a single gold will be proportionally much, much more useful in a golden age. If we assume that like every other UI its output will increase later in the game, even a single extra unit means that Moroccan desert will offer the same base output as a trading post on plains. There's also the not insignificant issue of Desert Folklore, already considered one of the most powerful pantheons which will see even more use here.

Unfortunately for me - one of my favourite minor things in game is 'stealing' UIs by taking their former owners lands. My current game is bliss, right next to both the Inca and Netherlands! However, it'll be a tough fight to take over the Kasbahs with the extra fort bonus on top - let alone that their UU receives both a domestic defence bonus AND a desert one to boot!

Kasbah could be deadly if allowed in flood plains. It will be weaker than Petra since it does not stack with the natural improvements. Man attacking Morocco late game will be a pain. They obviously have a desert start bias and with all those forts and a cav with Himeji bonus could be nasty. Especially fighting the Berber Cav in a Kasbah, in the desert in Moroccan territory that will be nasty. Between that and their trade route boni will be a very interesting tall alternative to Babylon or Ethiopia.

IGN video contains Kasbahs on Desert Hills. 1:c5food:, 3 :c5production:, 1 :c5gold:, 1 :c5faith: (potentially) and +50%:c5strength: on existing rough terrain sharply brings up its usefulness.

Kasbah could be deadly if allowed in flood plains. It will be weaker than Petra since it does not stack with the natural improvements. Man attacking Morocco late game will be a pain. They obviously have a desert start bias and with all those forts and a cav with Himeji bonus could be nasty. Especially fighting the Berber Cav in a Kasbah, in the desert in Moroccan territory that will be nasty. Between that and their trade route boni will be a very interesting tall alternative to Babylon or Ethiopia.

Indeed. Imagine the whole desert being littered with kasbahs and Berber Cav hitting extremely hard due to their bonus. A new civ to fear. While you are stuck in a quagmire of kasbah and shadow Berber Calvary, they are making money at your expense with their UA and laughing in your face. And then they spam more Berber cav:lol:

IGN video contains Kasbahs on Desert Hills. 1:c5food:, 3 :c5production:, 1 :c5gold:, 1 :c5faith: (potentially) and +50%:c5strength: on existing rough terrain sharply brings up its usefulness.

My favorite civs to play always seem to be the UI ones, as it makes me look at the map in a different way than I would. Morocco seems like they will be no different.

Morocco and Indonesia very neatly fill some big holes in Civ's cast of characters, so to speak.

Top Bottom