Morocco discussion

I just noticed.

Is it me, or does Indonesia and Brazil have reversed colour schemes of Aztec and Arabia respectively (background colour is now text and text is now background).

Brazil, yes. Indonesia's blue appears a bit brighter.

Kasbahs can go on Flood Plains as well as Desert Hills. Further boost!

It seems though that TPs gain an extra gold if a trade route goes through them - if a Kasbah has that too, then they will undoubtedly be very strong. If not though, its possible for a TP to add 3:c5gold: 1:c5science:, where a Kasbah has 1:c5food: 1:c5production: 1:c5gold: (+50%:c5strength:). Not sure thats an amazing deal, especially since a Polder can give huge yields and a Brazilwood camp can add 4 units in a tile thats already got 4 already (BWC + Univ = 2:c5food: 2:c5gold: 2:c5science: 2:c5culture:).

The Kasbah doesn't have to be great. The UA is pretty good at least and works with all styles and all maps. The Berber Cav is a pretty solid UU. That's a lot of strength. Dutch UA is weak on lower levels and their ship is not good on Pangaea maps. Polders are strong but limited. Brazilwood Camp is for a civ whose other unique is a modern era UU. The UA would also be better later when tourism matters more though the artist buff is nice. Jungle is also a rare tile and weak early. Flood pains and desert hills are really good tiles.

Map image

Ugh, really? Looks like they screwed up with the Arabic text again... not sure what "As-s3dyun" means (maybe misspelled "the Saudis"?), but it could be Darija; the grammatical structure is legitimate at least, unlike Harun Ar-Rashid's text, which is complete jibberish.

I find it funny how a lot of the people who hate the idea of an inuit civ that would make use of usually useless tiles are praising morocco for making use of tiles that are usually useless.

I find it funny how a lot of the people who hate the idea of an inuit civ that would make use of usually useless tiles are praising morocco for making use of tiles that are usually useless.

1:c5food:1:c5production:1:c5gold: is still a rather marginal tile. The defense bonus could come in handy though.

Desert Hills and floodplains are very useful tiles. Snow is useless. Add in Petra and a Kasbah tile could be very powerful.

Desert Hills and floodplains are very useful tiles. Snow is useless. Add in Petra and a Kasbah tile could be very powerful.

Flood plains are useful, sure, but snow hills are just as useful as desert hills. If the inuit had an igloo with all of the bonuses of a kasbah, would people be saying the same things?

Snow hills don't have base production, desert hills do. That means a desert hill is an actual hill while a snow hill is nothing. A snow hill with Kasbah bonus is 1:c5food: 1:c5production: 1:c5gold:. A desert hill with Kasbah is 1:c5food: 3:c5production: 1:c5gold:. And it looks like Petra kept all its bonuses except the gold which switched to trade routes. That would make the desert Kasbah 2:c5food: 4:c5production: 1:c5gold:. That is a big difference. Kasbah is not amazing but the rest of their uniques are but snow is what it should be, useless.

Flood plains are useful, sure, but snow hills are just as useful as desert hills. If the inuit had an igloo with all of the bonuses of a kasbah, would people be saying the same things?

I'm no expert, but I fear the defensibility of an igloo against a maurading army is questionable at best, so I would complain for that reason.

Desert hills and floodplains are useful tiles anyway. Plain flat desert isn't useful, and even with a Kasbah on it, it is still a marginal tile. Adding Petra to the mix of course makes plain flat desert tiles useful, but you don't really need a Kasbah for that, being next to an Oasis would work as well.

The thing is that they've already turned turned too many types of terrain that are useless in real life into something useful. Jungles and deserts are not very useful in real life, but are quite nice in Civ V. If they also make snow useful, it just goes over the top.

(In my opinion.)

This must have been discussed, but the color of Mococco is so easily mixed up with Aztec.

This must have been discussed, but the color of Mococco is so easily mixed up with Aztec.

Not as bad as etheopia barbarians.

Ugh, really? Looks like they screwed up with the Arabic text again... not sure what "As-s3dyun" means (maybe misspelled "the Saudis"?), but it could be Darija; the grammatical structure is legitimate at least, unlike Harun Ar-Rashid's text, which is complete jibberish.

It is supposed to read As-Sa'adiyuun, the Saadi dynasty of Ahmad al Mansur but Firaxis screw it and have the letters disjointed.

Top Bottom