Civ IV traits in Civ V

That's a tremendous list I can't get around to at the moment. I suppose I should test another mercantile civilization other than Kievan Rus to see if my problem is the trait or the civilization. Perhaps a log would have relevant information?

I can confirm that Mercantile works with Kievan Rus for me.

Maybe if we just knew the mods you were using that aren't additional Civilizations we could get headed in the right direction.

Please excuse the double post.

I just happened to notice that Imperialistic is not counting all of Bolivar's great generals. This is peculiar to Bolivar and I think has to do with his unique replacement and ability to upgrade great people, but I'm not quite sure how to approach the problem to fix it.

Sounds like it may be imperialistic looks at the great general unit, and not its unitclass. That would cause the issue you are having, as replacements share a unitclass with the original but not unit.

If this is indeed the problem it would need to be fixed in civ4 traits. But if your general somehow does not share it's unitclass with the great general that could also be the problem

Imperialistic gets a count of UNITCLASS_GREAT_GENERAL and UNITCLASS_GREAT_ADMIRAL, adds them together and then adds an invisible building tot he capital that provides the Happiness bonus.

The issue with Bolivar is the upgraded Great Generals use a different class: UNITCLASS_GREATPERSON_PROMOTION

The issue with Bolivar is the upgraded Great Generals use a different class: UNITCLASS_GREATPERSON_PROMOTION
which mod is the Bolivar civ, or at least by who, if I may ask? I may need to take a look at it to see if I need to add a non-compatibility note on my Civ-Appropriate Great Generals and Admirals Names mod.

which mod is the Bolivar civ, or at least by who, if I may ask? I may need to take a look at it to see if I need to add a non-compatibility note on my Civ-Appropriate Great Generals and Admirals Names mod.

Simon Bolivar of the Civilization Gran Colombia by Leugi.

Please excuse the double post.

I just happened to notice that Imperialistic is not counting all of Bolivar's great generals. This is peculiar to Bolivar and I think has to do with his unique replacement and ability to upgrade great people, but I'm not quite sure how to approach the problem to fix it.

Add this as an XML:
Spoiler :
<GameData>
<BuildingClasses>
<Row>
<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_IMPERIALISTIC_BOLIVAR_POLICY</Type>
<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_IMPERIALISTIC_BOLIVAR_POLICY</DefaultBuilding>
<NoLimit>true</NoLimit>
<Description>TXT_KEY_POLICY_CREATIVE_X</Description>
</Row>
</BuildingClasses>
<Buildings>
<Row>
<Type>BUILDING_IMPERIALISTIC_BOLIVAR_POLICY</Type>
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_IMPERIALISTIC_BOLIVAR_POLICY</BuildingClass>
<Cost>-1</Cost>
<GreatWorkCount>-1</GreatWorkCount>
<NeverCapture>true</NeverCapture>
<NukeImmune>true</NukeImmune>
<UnmoddedHappiness>4</UnmoddedHappiness>
<IconAtlas>BW_ATLAS_1</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>19</PortraitIndex>
<Description>TXT_KEY_POLICY_CREATIVE_X</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_POLICY_CREATIVE_X</Help>
</Row>
</Buildings>
</GameData>

and add this as a Lua script:
Spoiler :
function ImperialisticIndependistBonuses(PlayerID, unitID)
local pPlayer = Players[PlayerID];
local unit = pPlayer:GetUnitByID(unitID);
local IndependistCount = (pPlayer:GetUnitClassCount(GameInfoTypes["UNITCLASS_GREATPERSON_PROMOTION"]));
if (pPlayer:IsAlive()) then
if (pPlayer:HasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_IMPERIALISTIC_X"])) then
if (pPlayer:IsCivilization() == GameInfoTypes["CIVILIZATION_GRANCOLOMBIA"]) then
local capital = pPlayer:GetCapitalCity();
if IndependistCount > 0 then
capital:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes["BUILDINGCLASS_IMPERIALISTIC_BOLIVAR_POLICY"], IndependistCount);
else capital:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes["BUILDINGCLASS_IMPERIALISTIC_BOLIVAR_POLICY"], 0);
end
end
end
end
end
LuaEvents.SerialEventUnitCreatedGood.Add(ImperialisticIndependistBonuses);
GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(ImperialisticIndependistBonuses);

And your troubles will be over.

Also, I spoke with leugi and he has some suggestions for what traits his leaders may be best suited for:

[*]Muisca: Mercantile, Spiritual

[*]Chile: Aggressive, Seafaring

[*]Gran Colombia: Imperialistic, Philosophical

[*]Bolivia: Creative, Charismatic

[*]Aymara: Spiritual, Expansive

[*]Mapuche: Protective, Imperialistic

[*]Argentina: Philosophical, Charismatic

[*]Israel: Spiritual, Aggressive

[*]Tiwanaku: Industrious, Inventive

[*]Tupi: Expansive, Diplomatic

[*]Peru: Creative, Industrious

[*]Paraguay: Financial, Industrious

[*]Cuba: Charismatic, Protective

Alright, added Roosevelt to things and gave him mercantile to test him out. The icons refuse to show up next to his name. Their stubbornness baffles me. And mercantile did not work.

Besides all of the civilizations I have and this mod, which I have modified with my own all-purpose leader table (I have deleted the modinfo references to the removed compatibility tables), we have...

-Tweaks-
Aztec faith
Barbarians unlimited xp
Capture great people
City limits view
Dynamic Culture Overview
Ethiopia Color Fix
France buff - Ancien Regime
Gibraltar/Reef/Krakaota Fixes
Highlight Archaeologist dig sites
Hoplite mod
Hunnic city list
Krajzen's Buffs (selective)
Lake Victoria Fix
Less Warmonger Hate
Music Changer
No Pantheon Cost Increase
Quick Turns
Resources - Copper Buff
Salt Tweak
Separate Great People Counters
Smart AI

-Flavor-
Ethnic Units
Great Prophet Names
Historical Religions (and Buddhist Denominations)
Krajzen's Great Artists/People/Writers pack
More Great Musicians
More Great Works

-Gameplay Changes-
Amer-Asian Resources (personal modification)
Art Buildings Tweaks
Cities of Marble
Cultural Diffusion
Emigration
Extra Victory Conditions
Health and Plague
Info Addict
Israel New Beliefs
More Luxuries (with the More Pantheons addon that has been personally modified)
Reform and Rule
Titans of Commerce, Science, and Industry
Workable Mountains

I can provide my leader table if you suspect that could be the source of conflict, but I don't see why it would be. My load order puts this mod second to last and extra victory conditions last.

I run many of the same mods you do. It is extremely unlikely there is a conflict there. So yes, please post your leadertable.SQL, I'd love to take a look at it. Perhaps the civfanatics community and I can spot something you missed.

Hmm... I deleted all of my Leadertables and used yours. Ran a game, selected Kieven Rus. Everything worked perfectly. Name displayed correctly, mercantile trait functions.

Is it possible we are using different versions of that civ? I'm using the Steam Workshop BNW version by Tomatekh.

Roosevelt's the only one being fussy with the name. And, unless Tomatekh updated the mod with a bunch of minor versions (which is possible since he does that all the time), it's the same mod. I don't see what minor version differences would accomplish.

Hmm. that fix doesn't seem to be working for me. Tested with IGE and in game normally, and no Great General aside from the one I get from Honor seems to give me the happiness bonus whether they be upgraded great people or generals earned normally.

It worked when I tried it. Do your error logs say anything? Maybe something broke when I copy/pasted it.

Edit: I was referring to the Simon Bolivar stuff

I got it fixed. I had some weird spaces in my XML and LUA files.

Thanks for forwarding Leugi's suggestions as well. I revised my trait list after looking at his suggestions. A few of his suggestions I didn't care for too much. They synergized with the Civ well, but didn't accurately reflect the leader I don't think (That and I'm really commited to using Despotic for Belzu and Gaspar).

Top Bottom