Civ IV traits in Civ V

There will not be a Civilopedia page. Civiliopedia automatically populates every entry using an incredibly long script. This mod doesn't fit into any of its predefined categories. There is however a small help menu in game located in the button next to diplomacy (The 'Additional Info' button, sometimes called the diplo corner button.)

As far as compatibility, I do not use custom civs and know nothing about them. I have sent several boilerplate messages to get suggestions on which leader gets what traits. The respondents are what make up the current compatibility list.

Since it takes a couple of hours to install, modify and test 20 civs at a time, I prefer to be told what traits to use before hand. Get me a list of your suggestions and I will most likely toss it in there.

I asked the civ creators, hopefully they'll respond. Thank you for telling me where to get mod info in-game!

For my civs:

Latvia: Diplomatic, Creative
Lithuania: Spiritual, Protective
Sibir: Expansive, Aggressive
Uyghur: Expansive, Diplomatic
Bosnia: Spiritual, Aggressive
Mitanni: Aggressive, Imperialsitic
Ryukyu: Seafaring, Inventive
Iceni: Aggressive, Charismatic
Ireland: Diplomatic, Aggressive
Picts: Aggressive, Protective
Cornwall: Financial, Industrious
Wales: Charismatic, Industrious
Seleucids: Imperialistic, Expansive
Saba: Financial, Mercantile
Nabataea: Financial, Diplomatic
Chimor: Industrious, Spiritual
Kulin: Creative, Charismatic
Yakut: Financial, Expansive

For my civs:

Latvia: Diplomatic, Creative
Lithuania: Spiritual, Protective
Sibir: Expansive, Aggressive
Uyghur: Expansive, Diplomatic
Bosnia: Spiritual, Aggressive
Mitanni: Aggressive, Imperialsitic
Ryukyu: Seafaring, Inventive
Iceni: Aggressive, Charismatic
Ireland: Diplomatic, Aggressive
Picts: Aggressive, Protective
Cornwall: Financial, Industrious
Wales: Charismatic, Industrious
Seleucids: Imperialistic, Expansive
Saba: Financial, Mercantile
Nabataea: Financial, Diplomatic
Chimor: Industrious, Spiritual
Kulin: Creative, Charismatic
Yakut: Financial, Expansive

Thanks, Hiram. I have included a compatibility file. Unfortunately, running these civilizations is causing my CTDs. I will leave the latest compatibility version at the bottom of this post, so someone else can try testing it. Leader names all work, including the Iceni version of Boudicca. Clicking start game causes me CTD and fills my error log with hundreds (!) of entries.

Edit: So the CTD had to do with the Chimor civ requiring another mod to function. With that solved, I'm going to mark this update as 'Finished' and move on.

Well, I fixed the problem. I got nothing. The problem is something inherit in this mod that doesn't play nice with something else, but there's no way to tell what it is. My slow testing revealed no problems-- I suspected for some reason it was Historical Religions and the Buddhist Denominations before, since I got the new complete pack, but...

I noticed some leaders weren't having the icons next to their names after my tests, so I did the usual fix and redownloaded the mod and put my leader table back in. This broke creative and mercantile again. So I deleted my mod cache, set everything back up, and it works fine now... but those leaders are missing the icons again. Also, the information tooltips are still TXT_KEY.

So I got nothing, and I'm just going to have to deal with some leaders not having icons. I know it's just the icons not firing, because one of them was charismatic without icons and I could see with info addict that they were still getting bonus happiness.

After recent mod updates, some civs don't seem to have traits assigned for me (they work in game, but the icons don't appear in civ selection screen). Those are:

JFD's Hungary
JFD's Russias (Nicholas and Peter the Great)
JFD's Prussia
More Civs' Kilwa Sultanate (this civ will be updated at some point)

Also I will have to ask Viregel to specify traits for his civs, notably for Austria-Hungary and some upcoming ones.

I'm not in the position to suggest anything for those, but perhaps Pouakai or Sukritact could think of traits for upcoming Polynesia pack and Khmer as well?

I'm not in the position to suggest anything for those, but perhaps Pouakai or Sukritact could think of traits for upcoming Polynesia pack and Khmer as well?
That's my cue:

Hawaii: Industrious, Philosophical, Protective (philosophical is definite, either one of the other two works)
Rapa Nui: Creative, Spiritual
The Maori: Aggressive, Imperialistic
Tonga: Diplomatic, Expansive, Seafaring (Either of the first two and Seafaring)

An idea...would it be possible to change the building construction bonuses for the Diplomatic trait to the Chancery and Wire Service if one has the CSD mod enabled?

After recent mod updates, some civs don't seem to have traits assigned for me (they work in game, but the icons don't appear in civ selection screen). Those are:

JFD's Hungary
JFD's Russias (Nicholas and Peter the Great)
JFD's Prussia
More Civs' Kilwa Sultanate (this civ will be updated at some point)

Also I will have to ask Viregel to specify traits for his civs, notably for Austria-Hungary and some upcoming ones.

The issue with the Kilwa is I used references from the Zambezi pack. This is now fixed and will be included in the next update. However, I am unable to reproduce errors for the JFD civs, even after updating and making those mods load last.

Is it possible you are using some combination pack I am unaware of? I tried the latest versions from Steam and the latest versions from the Civfanatics page.

There are 4 vital references needed to make the leader names work: Mod ID, LeaderType, Leader/Description, and TXT_KEY_Leader_****. If any of these changed at any point I need to include some new reference in the Compatibility SQLs.

The issue with the Kilwa is I used references from the Zambezi pack. This is now fixed and will be included in the next update. However, I am unable to reproduce errors for the JFD civs, even after updating and making those mods load last.

Is it possible you are using some combination pack I am unaware of? I tried the latest versions from Steam and the latest versions from the Civfanatics page.

There are 4 vital references needed to make the leader names work: Mod ID, LeaderType, Leader/Description, and TXT_KEY_Leader_****. If any of these changed at any point I need to include some new reference in the Compatibility SQLs.

Ah, yes. I had a bit of an accident with the original project file for Nicholas, so was forced to re-create it; so Nicholas has a new ID: bdd9db48-cb3c-4920-b382-6c7e0202071d

Don't know why the others would be messing up, though.

Yeah, that's the only problem left currently for me. Off the top of my head, the ones not having icons are JFD's Vandals, Nicholas Russia, Tomatekh's Sioux, and Sukritact's Sami. If the icons do show, then the traits are busted and at least creative and mercantile won't work.

Bumping this thread for two reasons:

1) Several of the compatability lists need to be updated to reflect new civs the modders have created.

2) I tried to add one extra trait (Despotic, as previously discussed) that did the following:

+1 Happiness for each city with a garrisoned unit.
+3 Happiness/+15XP for Constabularies and Police Stations
+100% production of constubalries and police stations.

I thought this would be pretty simple, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work. If someone else feels like taking a shot at it for me I'd love you forever.

EDIT: There is also a conflic occuring between this mod and the Events and Decisions mod that is causing modded leaders to not update and gain their leader traits. I have no idea what is causing the conflict though.

So... okay, I failed to be scouting this thread for a while. Has anyone come up with a cleaner way to add compatibility besides just making the compatibility file fail to load?

EDIT: Okay, that was worded pretty poorly. Has anyone found a way to deal with the modified leader text - as in, how it shows up with the icons in the leader's name when this mod is enabled - besides just letting the compatibility file get discarded when the mod isn't active? In reference to pages 1-2.

Sad to see this mod hasn't been updated. Any chance Bingles might be coming back, or someone else being willing to pick it up?

So... okay, I failed to be scouting this thread for a while. Has anyone come up with a cleaner way to add compatibility besides just making the compatibility file fail to load?

EDIT: Okay, that was worded pretty poorly. Has anyone found a way to deal with the modified leader text - as in, how it shows up with the icons in the leader's name when this mod is enabled - besides just letting the compatibility file get discarded when the mod isn't active? In reference to pages 1-2.

Spoiler :
--=======================================================================================================================
-- Leader_SharedTraits
--=======================================================================================================================
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
Leader_SharedTraits (
LeaderType text REFERENCES Leaders(Type) default null,
TraitOne text REFERENCES Policies(Type) default null,
TraitTwo text REFERENCES Policies(Type) default null);

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Leader_SharedTraits
(LeaderType, TraitOne, TraitTwo)
VALUES ('LEADER_JFD_NICHOLAS', 'POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X', 'POLICY_SPIRITUAL_X');
-- Leaders
UPDATE Leaders
SET Description = (CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT Type FROM Policies WHERE Type = 'POLICY_PHILOSOPHICAL_X' )
THEN 'Nicholas II [ICON_PRODUCTION][ICON_PEACE]'
ELSE 'TXT_KEY_LEADER_JFD_NICHOLAS' END)
WHERE Type = 'LEADER_JFD_NICHOLAS';

CREATE TRIGGER CivIVTraitsNicholas
AFTER INSERT ON Leaders WHEN 'LEADER_JFD_NICHOLAS' = NEW.Type
BEGIN
UPDATE Leaders
SET Description = (CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT Type FROM Policies WHERE Type = 'POLICY_PHILOSOPHICAL_X' )
THEN 'Nicholas II [ICON_PRODUCTION][ICON_PEACE]'
ELSE 'TXT_KEY_LEADER_JFD_NICHOLAS' END)
WHERE Type = 'LEADER_JFD_NICHOLAS';
END;

And include this file to clean up the policies for when Civ IV Traits isn't enabled.

And include this file to clean up the policies for when Civ IV Traits isn't enabled.
Seems like it should work. Thanks again, JFD.

Although you, of all people, I would've expected to use CODE blocks...

EDIT: I love how the forum decides not to show quotes inside of other quotes. It's seriously great. :p

It ensures that the Philosophical policy exists in the database before changing the leader's name, as a means of checking that the mod is loaded (it doesn't matter what it checks, Philosophical was just the first policy at hand when I added it for the first time).

Top Bottom