Why is my mod not working for some people?

Because Steam Workshop is reliable.

Steam seems to randomly decide to just not download stuff sometimes, and a larger filesize tends to expose that flaw more easily, because of how much longer it takes to finish.

Even trying to update a bunch of my mods a few days ago, one refused to download, while another 2 finished just fine afterward.

Try uploading to a non-Steam filehost.

when you uploaded to the steam workshop, what file did you pick from within modbuddy to upload? Unless you have lots of large dds files as part of your mod, a new civilization will generally run between 7 and 12 MB in the xxxx.civ5mod version, which is really just a zip file. So your mod showing as nearly 90MB does seem way large.

One person commented on my mod and it seems to work. I'm guessing people don't have the mod finish downloading or something?

But he says the confusing part was hitting the single player button on top? (which doesn't make much sense to me, what he's describing sounds like how you would do it every time? idk)

Also I took the civmodfile from the packages section. It said it was 90,000 KB, so I guess that's right

Maybe the large size is because of the music files?

Top Bottom