updated mod now cant load saves

Riso

Chieftain
I have a weird problem.
I updated my steampunk mod and now loading saves of the mod just wont work.

Between the versions the only difference is that I moved project related things into its own file and tweaked the victory threshold for projects. I don't see why any of these xml changes should break loading saves.

Maybe one of you guys has an idea to help me fix that issue.

Here's the previous and versions on dropbox.

If you updated the version #, which btw is the correct thing to do, and you had "Affects Saved Games" checked in Modbuddy, this is entirely correct and normal behavior. The check that is madde against having the correct version of the mod does not care what chaanged between versions (nor has it any way of knowing or caring) it just knows that the version number needed for the saved game is not correct.

And you will generally want the "Affects Saved Games" checkbox checked, unless your mod has no actual gameplay effect. If your mod adds a civ, or a wonder, or a belief, or changes how policies work, or adds a unit, these are all cases where the checkbox needs to be checked, since omission of the mod will corrupt the game data needed to continue playing that saved game.

No, it's not that, because I cannot load saves made by the latest version itself.

Top Bottom