Civilopedia

T-Money

Conquestador
Is there a way to create civilopedia entries/images for your new units? Also, if you make an icon for your unit, where do you put it? Like for the editor, if I open editor to work on my scen and I want to mess with my created units, then how do I get my own icon in that selection? Or in the game, how do I get my unit's icon on that list? In fact, how do I get my unit on that list at all without replacing another unit? Sorry for all these questions at once, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm putting together a Greek City-State scenario and I need to know.

Read the guide in the unit creation forum for how to add units, which includes adding civilopedia entries. Adding pedia icons is a bit more involves, but most created units come with the pedia icons anyway. If you want their icon to appear in the editor you must add it to the units_32.pcx file you'll be using for your scenario. Again, many created units come with this file, otherwise it's not too hard to make your own. I think all you need to do is take a screenshot of the unit in its default stance, put it on the standard magenta background and add it into the pcx file.

Head over to the Creation and Customization forum for more detailed instructions.

Top Bottom