miscellaneous changes (spies, Marines, Fighters, Ironman mode)

Wuddel

Warlord
Some assorted suggestions:

• Make Marines upgrade to Mech Infantry. Make both available until the end of the game, just adjust costs so buying and upgrading a marine is more expensive than a normal Mech Inf. No one builds Marines anymore and I do not see why they could not be upgraded. (as Mech Inf still can earn the Amphibious promotion, so its not a balance issue)
  • Put a cooldown on CS coups (per spy or global), and make the Spy earn a level upon success. Everything that has the potential to kill him should also give him the potential to level up. Possibility of death should be slightly increased if another spy is in the city and even more when you are at war with the Civ.
  • Interceptions of fighters should give them XP, at least when they are damaged by it (enemy air sweep.) (Not sure if that is in the game.) Like with the spies everything that damages you should give some reward. Normal interceptions of bombers or interceptions by AA guns/destroyers could maybe give +1 XP.
  • I want a simple Ironman mode, with save on exit and quicksave/autosaves only for crash recovery. Standing by your decisions and face the consequences is the way Civ is meant to be played.

PS: Also some more wacky steam achievements.

I think Marines need some sort of combat bonus when a naval unit is near or maybe a combat bonus when it attacks from ocean to shore.

Top Bottom