DEITY CHALLENGE: PETRA and COLUSSUS!

GKShaman

Prince
So this is a personal challenge I've been working on awhile ago. I am now revisiting it.

Building both Petra and Colossus is an amazing feat. It allows for extra gold and TWO extra trade routes (For Venice thats 4 extra trade routes).

I want to see what I could do about that.

Usually from a previous thread I did about a year ago this was the consensus:

Build Order:

Scout(skippable), Monument, Worker(steal), Shrine, Granary, Library, Stable or Stoneworks, Caravan, Wonder.

Policy Order:

Tradition Opener, Liberty Opener, Go to Free Settler, Go to Free Worker, Aristocracy, Finish Liberty.

Tech Order:

Pottery - Lux Tech(Calendar or Mining), Writing, Animal Husbandry, Go to Bronze Working, IronWorking, and then Go towards Currency.

City Location:

Ideally: Your capital is coastal AND desert tile. Great! Then just build a second city to supply food to capital or forget the second city for now.

If not build a second or third city to satisfy this and grow it with internal trade routes.

Wonders:

Hard Build Colussus. Use Liberty Finisher to get GE rush build Petra.

Civ Choice:

Babylon for the Academy at Writing?

Egypt for the UA?

Tell me: How can I do it? With what Civ? What set of policies and build order? How would you try? Have you done it?

Dont Tell Me:
You cant wonder spam on Deity (This is not for practical but for just is it possible?)
Build an Empire! Dont obsess over two wonders! (See Above Answer)

Hah! It is possible!

Get Babylon, get a coastal start and a nearby desert coastal start! :)

Note: This is on EPIC.

Policies: (I grabbed traditional opener which hurts a lot on retrospect) Go Liberty grab production and worker and then settler.

BO: Scout, Monument, Granary, Worker, Library, Colussus.

Tech: Pottery, Lux Tech, Writing, Lux Tech, AH, BW, Iron Working. (For Colossus). Then Just Beeline Currency while squeezing in Masonry and Trapping.

Units: Scout a good radius and then bring it back to defend lands. Keep warrior close. Plant Academy on 3 or 4 food tile (Cow or Deer) and then park a unit on it (warrior or scout).

Defend lands, Improve lands, Chop a Forest and get Colossus by TURN 80. Then build military while putting settler on desert coastal. Then send cargo ship to new city and workers to new city.

Develop New City, Defend Old One. Build Petra by TURN 140.

Getting Lucky - AI Sends a caravan your way (the SCIENCE!)

There you go.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 124
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 110
Another aspect of getting lucky in that game is that it seems the AI didn't care about petra. I just played a game where I got same-turned on Petra turn 64. So if you had 140 turns to build Petra, my bet was the map roll was super lucky and no AI had desert lands (or they did and were warring with a neighbor too much to care about wonders).

If you the play the current Egypt Diety Challenge Line Up you might have a chance of this. Egypt is the only civ on this map that has a desert start so that guarantees you Petra.

Colossus is a little more tricky you'd have to move your settler to the coast but it might still be possible to do.

Top Bottom