Mike Rush - angry garage owner for EFZI2-mod (Nov 17, 2007)

"Redneck" in terms of Attitude :) ...figure of speach.
Back in college when I had a Black girlfriend :)cool:) I heard one of her acquaintances refer to himself as a "graham cracker"; he probably would have severely beaten any White person who called him that with an axe handle.

aaglo... Note that in order for the sounds to work well, the Attack Flc should be changed to 83 Flc speed and I set both of the .ini speeds to 190 for the Run speed on the map.
66 speed had the attack a bit too fast and also not much time for sound bytes. At 83 speed it both looks and works very well in the game.

Well, the Ini-file is not included though... and I cannot bother to edit it yet again - the forum edit-function is a biyatch here at my work. It just refuses 80% of the time to work. And everybody can edit their ini-file the way they want. :crazyeye:

yes, the .ini speed will not affect the sounds for the most part but will affect the Run sounds slightly because the Timing is different for the way the animation is played.
The unit has 225 set in the .ini but players can certainly change the speeds to 190 easy enough IF they want.

I'll add the ini-file when I get back home (in ~7.5 hours) :)
Darn, I can only wonder your patience on making the sounds align perfectly with animations :) - maybe that's the reason why I'm just focusing on those animations... I just wish we could have an "amb-file" editor as a gift from firaxis ;)

I much prefer to make animations and do Graphics work myself too aaglo.

There are several "mysteries" concerning sounds and how the Game engine plays them. I have managed to sort out some things but others are still a bit Trial and Error efforts with a great deal of testing.

While you are at it...ask "Uncle Fraxis" for a Manual concerning the Hard Coded Factors in CIV as well as Limits and Figures we can use. What can and Cannot be done as well as any possible work around for what we might want to do. We all have had to discover the Hard Way what is possible and all the factors concerning what can be Modded and how to do it.

It would probably be Very Helpful if there was a Thread to State what is least known about areas of How to MOD some things having to do with the game that there are no tutorials about. This may be rather late after so many years but then again, it has taken that long to discover many things.

I am rather amazed that there is not a Manual for the MOD community that could at least state things to help without giving away any "trade secrets" so to speak. The MODs help generate a great deal of Money because players have to Buy the CIV Games to play any of Our MODs and Scenarios.

...in Other Words, Better Public Relations :)

Top Bottom