African settler (06th March 2005)

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator

This is my very first unit. I did it as a practice piece to get into unit making, but also because it's a unit I really wanted.

Download African Settler

Here's a preview of the run animation:

Thanks to everyone who posted help in the main Creation and Customisation forum, particularly to utahjazz7 for his guide to the run animation and to Kinboat for his thread.

Is it a bit large, or am I imagining things?

Otherwise, great work! I'm been waiting for this for a long time...

Wolfwood said:
Is it a bit large, or am I imagining things?

Otherwise, great work! I'm been waiting for this for a long time...

That's the only complaint I could make about this unit.

But having no way to see if it's really a bit too large, all I can say is this is a great unit, and I'm looking forward to seeing an African worker or something like that from you

Excellent first unit. Useful, too.
Most of the animations are good, exception: in the death her dress kinda.. looks engorged (It morphs then flies out and down). Also, when she drops her things in the build and capture they fall too slowly.
I agree its too large, 140x140 in this units case probably would have been civ scale, a little larger maybe to preserve some of the detail.
Overall very good for your first time. Rarely do I use a unit maker's first creation, cause they generaly look arkward and freakish, but this one's definately getting thrown into my epic game, not the recycle bin. Good job.

Very nice R8XFT. I think I might snatch this for my personal mod or my side project. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Very nice, especially for a first unit.:thumbsup:

Two critics though:

1. I think it's too big, it's a women and they usually are smaller than men, also it actually looks a bit too big, even though it technically isn't.
2. Usually the civ-specific colour is included in the icons.

Top Bottom