TeleportBeam Flcs for Units November 24th, 2007

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
It has been quite some time since anyone has made any Teleport Beam animations and I wanted to have a Generic animation that would accommodate just about any Unit so I put these together.

These Flcs are Generic Teleport Beams for any Unit where you want or need a Beam Transport animation. Good For Space, Sci-Fi or Fantasy Units.

I added Kinboat's Cool "Spell" Default Flc as part of the nucleus of the "TeleportBeam.flc" after altering it slightly to remove the "Stars".

I included another "NoAtom_TeleportBeam.flc" if anyone prefers it. Personally, I like the Atom because it adds more color and is especially appropriate for a "Scientific" Teleport Beam :)

The animations will take the place of parachutes and can be added to any of your Units where you want a Beam animation to transport them somewhere on your game Map.

The Beams were made large to accommodate all units...even a large truck, :lol:
Sound included...adjusted for timing and Game Tested.

They are very Translucent other than some particles in the Beams and the Nucleus.

To add one of the Flcs to any unit you want to use either one with, simply add the .Flc and .wav name to the .ini file across from "Build="
under both "[Animations]" and "[Sound Effects]".
Adjust the Editor for your Unit by Flagging "Airdrop" under "Special Actions" and Set the "Operational Range".
File Restored in Link
Get the Zip File Here

The Previews do Not show the Translucency but they look and work well in the game.

Attachments

• TeleportBeam.gif
    TeleportBeam.gif
    139.4 KB · Views: 185
  • NoAtom_TeleportBeam.gif
    NoAtom_TeleportBeam.gif
    126.9 KB · Views: 157
Those are some groovy Effects, there Vuldacon!

The Beam animations are simple in design but work well as Generic Beams for Units. You will need to View the Beams in the Game to be able to see the Real Look of the Effects because the .gif preview cannot show the Translucency or effects as they are in Game. I kept the animations Translucent with No Shadows and tried to keep the "special effects" to a minimum so they could serve for most units.

..anyway, hope some of you can use them...

Top Bottom