Spartan Horseman (06 Dec, 2007)

Yes, 2 Age of Kings Conversions and one Sword of Geddon made. There wasn't a preview in the DL database and I'm unable to view it on this computer. But I could have sworn you converted one from Cossacks: Back to War. Or it could be that it was on your to do list. That could be it.

You don't have a good memory my friend.

You forgot the one from Piernik.

There's the good old AOK conversion

SOG made one 18th century version

And he also made a medieval version

Both have the slight flaw that the wings look to much like actual wings, and not like what they really were.

And of course my conversion of Cossack units. Although the animation may be a bi weird, I like this version because I think it's the closest to the historical unit

Aren't they quite similar to the guy from the left?

1. My versions suck
2. We need a good non-conversion made-for-civ Hussar thats not a few years old in my opinion, plus Piernik's leaves a few things to be desired as well....
Agreed, the versions we have are not perfect. I just wanted to play Mr Nitpicking with Tank Guy and stress he forgot Piernik's :p .

However, I'd personnaly prefer Sandris to make units from some of the civs which are in the game (or preferably in my mod :mischief: ) first, and then make additional units.

Winged hussars are nice. But I've no Poland in my mod. So, for my own needs, they are less needed, especially as we have 5 different versions already.

Am I not selfish? :D

I think it was supposed to be a compliment :)

(Unless your post is a joke, in which case, joke's on me :blush:)
Yes, I meant it as a compliment. I like those units very much (oh, and the other units as well) :goodjob: Besides, I'd probably be burned at the stake for committing a grave crime against the Civ3 creation nation.

Agreed, the versions we have are not perfect. I just wanted to play Mr Nitpicking with Tank Guy and stress he forgot Piernik's :p .

However, I'd personnaly prefer Sandris to make units from some of the civs which are in the game (or preferably in my mod :mischief: ) first, and then make additional units.

Winged hussars are nice. But I've no Poland in my mod. So, for my own needs, they are less needed, especially as we have 5 different versions already.

Am I not selfish? :D

I only missed one. A mere oversight, though my short term memory isn't very good anyways. However, I can remember in great detail my younger years. Well, your current selfishness can be viewed as deferred generosity, as you will eventually release the scenario.

SoG's, AoK conversions, and a Cossacks conversion. Four out of five isn't bad. :D

Guess I am guilty of this then:
Spoiler :

:blush:

What's undesirable about Piernik's, exactly? I recall having to go through quite the rigamarole to procure it for myself, and I don't recall not liking it. Maybe I should look at it in flickster again.

The unit is great as usual though Spartans are not my cup of tea. But it looks like I missed good news? :mischief: I fully support the request for a Winged Hussar, and the one from 1612 looks great, just don't make him so beaten up ;) The old ones are inaccurate or not Civ3-like at all, e.g. Piernik's. I tried to make one myself as well but couldn't find/make proper wings either.

That looks like an awesome movie though. Don't see many late medieval/Renniassance movies taking place in Eastern Europe/Russia. At least not that I've seen.

There's a number of Russian and Polish ones released with English subtitles. Apart from 1612, the ones I've seen I can recommend: Andrei Rublev, Alexander Nevsky, The Deluge, Colonel Wolodyjowski, With Fire and Sword. The first 2 are Russian set in the 13-14c Russia, the other 3 are Polish set in 17c Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, incl. later Russia/Ukraine.

What's undesirable about Piernik's, exactly? I recall having to go through quite the rigamarole to procure it for myself, and I don't recall not liking it. Maybe I should look at it in flickster again.
IIRC, it's a bit simple, like you have the feeling there are no saddle or stirup, just a saddle cloth and the hussar sits them and doesn't fall thanks to "magical glue"

The unit is great as usual though Spartans are not my cup of tea. But it looks like I missed good news? :mischief: I fully support the request for a Winged Hussar, and the one from 1612 looks great, just don't make him so beaten up ;) The old ones are inaccurate or not Civ3-like at all, e.g. Piernik's. I tried to make one myself as well but couldn't find/make proper wings either.

There's a number of Russian and Polish ones released with English subtitles. Apart from 1612, the ones I've seen I can recommend: Andrei Rublev, Alexander Nevsky, The Deluge, Colonel Wolodyjowski, With Fire and Sword. The first 2 are Russian set in the 13-14c Russia, the other 3 are Polish set in 17c Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, incl. later Russia/Ukraine.
Cool! Thanks embryodead, definitely going to see if I can find those.

IIRC, it's a bit simple, like you have the feeling there are no saddle or stirup, just a saddle cloth and the hussar sits them and doesn't fall thanks to "magical glue"
JB Weld. It's the duct tape of glues.

I can already hear the "Polish chrome" jokes coming.... :cringe:

Top Bottom