Celtica: Gallic Pack 2 - Early Units (Jan 04, 2008)

The only thing I don`t like is the same animation for the majority of my human infantry units. Hope to update them soon with some new animations of my own.
Maybe you could just modify the existing ones ? Change arms moves a little, feet position... little by little

you could just write your own ini...
Simply copy and edit any ini you have.

I got some info on nakie "barbarians." Brambles and thistles aside, or even unwarranted pride in their "physiques" historian Philip Matyszak (Ph.D. Oxford) in his The Enemies of Rome (London: Thames & Hudson, 2004), 165 offers the following:

The average German soldier of the first century AD was not well equipped. He carried a rudimentary shield and was considered well dressed if he went into battle wearing trousers. And in fact, for those who did not own armour, fighting naked was the better option. In an age before antibiotics, many soldiers died of infection from dirty clothing forced into their wounds.)

You've got to wonder if through cause and effect these guys had figured that out.

So...nekkid Germans next? (And they'd best look like Heidi Klum).

Oh I fixed the problem, since sandris has made 2 Swordsmen, I just converted another INI of his...but the INI is still missing, and some arent as savvy as we...

Here's the INI I use:

Download

[Hrafknell] Interesting stuff indeed; it's easy to forget factors like that. I must point out for the sake of accuracy that Oxford doesn't award PhDs; it awards D Phils (same thing, different name).

I got some info on nakie "barbarians." Brambles and thistles aside, or even unwarranted pride in their "physiques" historian Philip Matyszak (Ph.D. Oxford) in his The Enemies of Rome (London: Thames & Hudson, 2004), 165 offers the following:

You've got to wonder if through cause and effect these guys had figured that out.

So...nekkid Germans next? (And they'd best look like Heidi Klum).
Hrafnkell, agreed on Heidi Klum, but didn't I post exactly the same quote in the other Celtic thread? (here) :p

[Hrafknell] Interesting stuff indeed; it's easy to forget factors like that. I must point out for the sake of accuracy that Oxford doesn't award PhDs; it awards D Phils (same thing, different name).

Interesting! Since PhD means that I assumed (incorrectly) that they were called that there. Thanks for the info. Learn something new every day.

Speaking of Philip Matyszak, he notes in his Enemies of Rome book that Woad helped prevent infections from wounds. I hadn't known that before either. He's not Michael Grant but I do enjoy the fellow's writing.

Great work, Sandris. You've really mastered unit-making quite well.:)

Hello Sandris,
it gave never volume-comes naked warriors from that celtic (or to Germanic) culture range, who afflicted in the 4th and 3 century upper Italy. Rather it is a interpretation of Livius and others, which knew only the representations of the attalidic art-Celts (= Galates). Gaesates are thus not historical, can however quite represent Gaesa(=spearmans)-Warrior from the northalpine area (Proto-Vindelicii), which were recruited before all by the large northitalien tribes.

in german:
Es gab niemals volkommen nackte Krieger aus dem keltischen (oder germanischen) Kulturbereich, welche im 4. und 3 jahrhundert Oberitalien heimsuchten. Vielmehr ist es eine Nachinterpretation von Livius und anderen, welche nur die Darstellungen der attalidischen Kunstkelten (= Galater) kannten.
Gaesaten sind also nicht historisch, können aber durchaus Speerkämpfer aus dem nordalpinen Raum darstellen, welche vorallem durch die großen oberitalischen Stämme rekrutiert wurden.

H.Balck

Top Bottom