"Don't Tread On Me, but Imma Tread on Your Head" say Rand Paul Supporters

Curbstomping a political oppentent is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, comparing a woman's toughness to that of Rand Paul was a bit of a low blow.
And now you're being sexist against men, by suggesting that a lack of physical strength in a man is insulting or shameful! Which is still sexist against women, as it suggests that the possession of traditionally feminist traits renders one inferior! :crazyeye:

See, folks, this is why we need both Maculism and Feminism! And Traitorfish, Gender Warrior Extraordinaire, is here to shove them both down your throats, whether you like it or damn well not! :p

Yes politics is gang warfare now, and that started with all the anti-Bush rhetoric years ago (funny how Obama and the dems love to point out how divisive FOX is but nobody used to say a word about MSNBC).
Are you serious?
Were you in a coma all through the 90s?
See, folks, this is why we need both Maculism and Feminism! And Traitorfish, Gender Warrior Extraordinaire, is here to shove them both down your throats, whether you like it or damn well not! :p
Do as you please.
I will continue to chivalrously hold the door for pregnant women.
And pregnant men.

Eh, at least you are a tolerable Gender Warrior that it is possible to reason with. :p

And yes, lack of physical strength in a man is shameful. And a woman isn't inferior because she most likely is physically weaker than a man (unless the standard of measurement actually involves strong physique), but most women are weaker than most men, and thus I would expect most men to be able to defend themselves against a woman (assuming both are unarmed). ;)

Also, if you actually look it was some other Tea Party people who reported this and according to one of the comments on the video, reported the name of the man who held her down to the police shortly after. At least they aren't all as nuts as those two men.

:goodjob: There may still be hope for American democracy. :whew:

And yes, lack of physical strength in a man is shameful.
Hmm...so if you are physically way stronger than a woman and she still manages to totally crush you in a fight cause she knows... kung fu, whatever, where does that put you shamewise?

Do as you please.
I will continue to chivalrously hold the door for pregnant women.
And pregnant men.
There is a distinction between chivalry and showing care to the physically impaired.

Eh, at least you are a tolerable Gender Warrior that it is possible to reason with. :p
Thankee kindly. ;)

And yes, lack of physical strength in a man is shameful.
Why?

And a woman isn't inferior because she most likely is physically weaker than a man (unless the standard of measurement actually involves strong physique), but most women are weaker than most men, and thus I would expect most men to be able to defend themselves against a woman (assuming both are unarmed). ;)
True, but that's a simple case of statistical majorities. Normalising that disparity and then making value judgements off the back of it, i.e. that a woman cannot pose a threat to a man, is both sexist (to both genders!) and just plain old sloppy thinking.

There is a distinction between chivalry and showing care to the physically impaired.
This looks very bad on paper. Let's wait for a sexist to turn the frase.

If my post has a point it would be that you disguised all that is bad about chivalry and hid it in the word care in your sentence. Someone in a wheelchair could be way more athletic than you and feel insulted by your care and help.
To care is to be presumptive.

How did this thread get derailed into a discussion about gender relations?:confused:

To double down on Useless's point, they aren't even the Black Panthers. They're a couple of crackpots trying to steal the name while the real Black Panthers denounced them. I tried to bring this up earlier but you must have not known what I was alluding to.

You mean like the Real IRA vs the IRA?

This looks very bad on paper.
How so? :huh:

If my post has a point it would be that you disguised all that is bad about chivalry and hid it in the word care in your sentence. Someone in a wheelchair could be way more athletic than you and feel insulted by your care and help.
To care is to be presumptive.
A very fair point- to condescend to the disable is as much an expression of privilege as condescending to women. Any help offered must be appropriate to circumstance.

How did this thread get derailed into a discussion about gender relations?:confused:
Presumably when we realised that there really wasn't much to say on the original topic.

You mean like the Real IRA vs the IRA?
Even less so, give that the Real IRA are an IRA splinter group, while the New Black Panthers are entirely unrelated, sharing only an illegitimately borrowed name.

Or it could just be politeness and what is considered social norms.

Even less so, give that the Real IRA are an IRA splinter group, while the New Black Panthers are entirely unrelated, sharing only an illegitimately borrowed name.

I was under the impression that the guys were actually members of the Black Panthers, not wannabes.

Ahhh, found the wiki on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party_voter_intimidation_case

The New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case, sometimes known simply as the Black Panther Case, is a political controversy in the United States concerning an incident which occurred during the 2008 election. During the final weeks of the Bush administration, the New Black Panther Party and two of its members, Minister King Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson, were charged with voter intimidation for their behavior during the election outside a polling station in Philadelphia. The Obama administration's subsequent decision to dismiss the charges against the party and Mr. Jackson, and to reduce the charges against Minister King Shabazz, has led to accusations that the Department of Justice under Obama is displaying favoritism toward African Americans. These charges have been most notably made by J. Christian Adams, who in May 2010 resigned his post in the Department of Justice out of protest over the Obama Administration's perceived mishandling of the case, and by his former supervisor Christopher Coates.

The behavior for which members of the New Black Panther Party were accused of voter intimidation took place on Election Day in November 2008, at a polling station in a predominantly African-American, Democrat voting district of Philadelphia.[1] Two members of the New Black Panther party, Minister King Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson, stood in front of the entrance to the polling station in uniforms that have been described as military or paramilitary.[2][3][4] Minister King Shabazz carried a billy club, and is reported to have pointed it at voters while both men shouted racial slurs,[5] including phrases such as "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."[6] The incident drew the attention of police, who sent King Samir away in part because of his billy club. Jackson was allowed to stay.[7]

No complaints were filed by voters about the incident, although poll watchers witnessed some voters approach the polls and then turn away, apparently in response to the New Black Panther Party members.[8] The incident was captured on video, and gained national attention after being uploaded at YouTube.[2]

In January 2009, less than two weeks before the Bush administration left office, the civil rights division of the Department of Justice filed suit under the voting rights act against both men who had stood outside the polling station, as well as against the party and its chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz.[3] The lawsuit accused them of using uniforms, racial insults and a weapon to intimidate voters and those who were there to assist them.[2] In March or April 2009 Bartie Bull, a former civil rights lawyer who was serving as a poll watcher at the polling station where the incident occurred, submitted an affidavit at Justice's request supporting the lawsuit, stating that he considered it to have been the most severe instance of voter intimidation he had ever encountered.[2][5] When none of the defendants appeared in court or made any other attempt to answer the charges, the career attorneys pursuing the lawsuit assumed that they would win it by default. However in May 2009 Loretta King, who was then the head of the division, voluntarily dismissed the charges against the party, Jerry Jackson and Malik Zulu Shabazz.[3][2] Against Minister King Shabazz, the charges were reduced to an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years, an action which was already illegal under existing law.[5]

Information on the new BLACK (capitalized for you there Useless) Panther Party. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

So you are saying the Irish tend to not even be able to get along with their own while the blacks tend to steal? :rolleyes:

Or it could just be politeness and what is considered social norms.
...What could be? Chivalry?

I was under the impression that the guys were actually members of the Black Panthers, not wannabes.
Nope. It's a effectively a breakaway group of the Nation of Islam, which tells you more or less everything you need to know about it.

I'm not too familiar with the black panthers, did they stomp on someone?

I doubt they killed around 1800 people though.

Sounds like those old Black Panther guys should have been secured creditors... that would have saved them from having the group expropriated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom