I kind of hope sales of this expansion are low....

Not that it really matters to me. I used to be a big Civ fan until I got my hands onto EU3 and CKII. Now that's what real historical strategy games should be...

Not that it really matters to me. I used to be a big Civ fan until I got my hands onto EU3 and CKII. Now that's what real historical strategy games should be...

I suddenly found myself addicted to CKII, it's really amazing. But it's way too much about micromanagement. It's not a bad thing, but after 5 hours of continuous playing I felt like I was reaching a dangerous stress-level with all those treacherous nobles and succession crises.

Civ never pretended to be as realistic and micro-oriented as CKII did, but it's more universal and less effort expensive. Now that my summer vacation is about to end, it'll be nearly impossible to play CKII (sadly... I really want to unify Iberian Peninsula under a single Crown). But if Civ5 G&K was released today, it'd make up for a nice and viable pastime, for sure.

I hope the expansion does very well as its a fantastic game. And i loved Civ1,2,3 & 4. Though i have to say Civ5 is probably my most played now.

is it me or are there a lot of whiners on almost every game forum? I love the CIV series.. I started with the original CIV on floppy disk and played everyone. CIV 5 is a fine game and has given me hours of entertainment. I look forward to the expansion it should add some great features!

I discovered Civilization only 1 yr ago (Yes i know, what a shame but hey, better late than never)

I went out and bought a gaming laptop just to play that game. 1Yr has passed and i have clocked 500hrs in the game. This is the game i have played the most in my life without getting bored and i will be buying everything they have to offer.

Will the sale go down, i doubt it. I am not a hardcore gamer but yet this game has given me hours upon hours of replayability due to the enormous amount of variables that comes along in a game.

I have never seen any game that gives u so many different victory options, so many different units and maps. My my my, i don't think i am ever gonna play anything else again if Firaxis keeps supporting that game. This game actually makes you use your mind as opposed to those shooters that makes your mind go numb and aggressive.

Hallelujah to the Civilization series :)

Top Bottom