Super Workers Mod

stolenrays

Deity
Super Workers Mod v1.1

This is a small modcomp that allows wokers to gain XP after building improvements. 3 New Promotions are now available to workers. I derived the code from FFH care of Xienwolf & Co.

Worker promotions require a new unitclass (worker). Workers gain xp whenever they build any improvement. They could also get some xp from wonders and other buildings that give xp to 'all land units'. This encourages more protecting of your workers, as you are not just giving away a worker if it is taken, but a skilled one.

------Gameplay-----
-Workers gain 1 XP after successfully building an improvement
-3 New Promotions increase Work Rate by 10% (Skilled I, II, III).
-Workers are their own UnitCombat Class

------Noes for Modders----
-Commented as Super Workers Mod
-Added <WorkRateModify> to the CIV4PromotionInfos.xml

-----Version History-----
Spoiler :
----Version 1.1----
-Added Concept Text

----Version 1.0----
-Standalone released for BTS 3.19
-Workers gain 1 XP after successfully building an improvement
-3 New Promotions increase Work Rate (Skilled I, II, III)

-----Credits-----
-FFH modders Xienwolf & BennThereDoneThat

DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• workers.jpg
    workers.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 439
Glad to hear people like it. I started on it for Realism Invictus, but then it didn't seem to fit the mod anymore. I didn't want to delete it and forgot it had been on my PC for a few months.
No, no... our mod actually misses more programmers...

Rays, is there a way to make this nly work with a unique unit or leader trait?

Basically, can this be a special ability for just certain civs?

The thought I have at the minute would be to connect the promotions to particular units with a free promo that cannot otherwise be chosen... hmm yes this could be the way...

(mumbles incoherently to himself)

I vaguely remember the FfH mod that had this feature. One of the reasons this was put in was because all tile improvements could be made without their pre-requisite techs like Replaceable parts to build lumbermills.

However, as with the stated example, if you tried to build lumbermills without the prereq, they would take an exorbitant number of turns to complete. You could always add multiple workers, but the promotions would also help speed up the work. When you got the pre-req, it was along the line of Lumbermills build 50% faster or some such.

I also dont think FfH had many civics that increased worker work rates, so the promotions made sense.

For most mods, workers are probably the most abused unit in the game when you consider your empire completely depends on them. If the very first warrior you made in the game can survive to become a mech infantry 4000 years later, why can't a worker do the same?

Just some food for thought! Good luck to those who use this.

Rays, is there a way to make this nly work with a unique unit or leader trait?

Basically, can this be a special ability for just certain civs?

The thought I have at the minute would be to connect the promotions to particular units with a free promo that cannot otherwise be chosen... hmm yes this could be the way...

(mumbles incoherently to himself)

If you want to modify the xml you can make this promotion available to other unitclasses in promotions.xml. It does have to possibility to make the promotion only available with a trait, but I haven't done that yet. A nice idea though.

@Stolenrays: Would you mind if I merged your code with my worker promotions code (from C2C, but it is easily spun off) to make a more complete worker XP and leveling modcomp?

No AI changes, sorry.

Hi Stolenray,

I took on your idea and develloped it a little further: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=545080
:)

Actually getting the AI to use these promotions is quite easy: putting this in AI_promotionValue() in CVUnitAI.cpp does the trick:

Spoiler :

if (GC.getPromotionInfo(ePromotion).getWorkRateModify())
{
iValue += 20;
}

Original:
also if you dont mind: i feel like adding a few promotions to this, so if you are interested in making a 1.2. version at some time? (or has someone already done that somewhere and I didnt see it?)

Top Bottom