Tile purchasing, America and Angkor Wat

Athenaeum

Prince
So first of all, America gets 1/2 off of purchasing tiles...how does this mix with the Angkor Wat? Does it turn into a 75% discount? Or does the 25% discount from Angkor Wat compound with the 50% UA...making it a 62.5% discount overall?

Second, I have noticed that better tiles tend to cost less than crappier ones, even when they are the same distance from my borders. Why is this? Not that it bothers me necessarily. But is it because your city prioritizes the annexation of better tiles anyway, so it costs more to buy tiles that are farther out of the way of the natural annex order?

Third, has anyone had success moving their settler the first couple turns - near someone's capital) and purchasing that person/AI's luxury tiles? I thought that would be kind of funny.

And any general knowledge you have about how purchasing costs are calculated based on distance from borders, etc., is greatly welcome.

I guess the third thing your said would be a RamHamTrollFace move but I wouldn't say it's beneficial at all to go searching for an AI capital at the start with your settler when you have no clue where one is, unless you're playing on a really low difficulty.

How exactly do you intend to have the necessary gold to purcahse enemy lux with your initial settler when gold is so scarce early on and you have to be 4 tiles away from the enemy cap?

How exactly do you intend to have the necessary gold to purcahse enemy lux with your initial settler when gold is so scarce early on and you have to be 4 tiles away from the enemy cap?

Whilst wondering around with your settler and warrior you could easily open a gold ruins and pass a couple of City States, so yes, it's quite feasible! I have done it many times, especially luxes that belong to City States, no offence is taken.

see GlobalDefines.xml

Spoiler :
Code:
		<!-- Cost of acquiring new Plots -->
		<Row Name="PLOT_BASE_COST">
			<Value>50</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_ADDITIONAL_COST_PER_PLOT">
			<Value>5</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_COST_APPEARANCE_DIVISOR">
			<Value>5</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="CULTURE_COST_FIRST_PLOT">
			<Value>15</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="CULTURE_COST_LATER_PLOT_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>10</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="CULTURE_COST_LATER_PLOT_EXPONENT">
			<Value>1.1</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="CULTURE_COST_VISIBLE_DIVISOR">
			<Value>5</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="CULTURE_PLOT_COST_MOD_MINIMUM">
			<Value>-85</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="MINOR_CIV_PLOT_CULTURE_COST_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>150</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="MAXIMUM_BUY_PLOT_DISTANCE">
			<Value>3</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="MAXIMUM_ACQUIRE_PLOT_DISTANCE">
			<Value>5</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_BASE_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>100</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_DISTANCE_MULTIPLIER">
			<Value>100</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_DISTANCE_DIVISOR">
			<Value>3</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_RING_COST">
			<Value>100</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_WATER_COST">
			<Value>25</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_IMPROVEMENT_COST">
			<Value>-5</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_ROUTE_COST">
			<Value>0</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_RESOURCE_COST">
			<Value>-105</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_NW_COST">
			<Value>-105</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_BUY_RESOURCE_COST">
			<Value>-100</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_BUY_YIELD_COST">
			<Value>10</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_YIELD_POINT_COST">
			<Value>-1</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="PLOT_INFLUENCE_NO_ADJACENT_OWNED_COST">
			<Value>1000</Value>
		</Row>

The minimum gold purchasing discount for tiles is -85%, so America will have -75% discount with just angkor wat (because -75% will not exceed -85%).

Care to explain what does mean? e.g. I've no clue what "PLOT_INFLUENCE_NW_COST" is.. :)

I would assume that means natural wonder.

It's the hidden cost of the city governor expanding to a tile containing a Natural Wonder versus another tile (ie. how much a Natural Wonder tile is prioritized for a city's natural border growth). Defines labelled as "influence cost" are all related to a city's natural border growth and have no effect on the purchasing cost of tiles.

So first of all, America gets 1/2 off of purchasing tiles...how does this mix with the Angkor Wat? Does it turn into a 75% discount? Or does the 25% discount from Angkor Wat compound with the 50% UA...making it a 62.5% discount overall?

You could load IGE, start a game as Washington, and give yourself Angkor Wat to test if they are additive or multiplicative.

IGE, is that some type of mod that lets you play "god" in a sense to tinker with stuff and experiment? If so do you know where I can get it?

Top Bottom