Steph strikes again: Ancient units conversion collection

A note on Mariannu chariot since some requested infos on some units' names.

The Marjanni = knights in ancient Indo-European. They were mostly the noble military class of the Hurrits, Indo-Europeans coming from the Van lake.

By Crackie, Steph, these conversions are wonderful!!!! :bounce:

There is a slight problem with the Celtic (GishGir) Chariot

On some angles, it sticks really far into the square behind it, overlapping with other units.

Attachments

• BattleCartSize.JPG
    BattleCartSize.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 795
Gibborim and Near'in: Give 'em to Israel. King David used them to annoy the Philistines....

From this angle, it looks like the GishGir cart could just be moved forward a little bit. Would that fix things somewhat?

Attachments

• GishGirCentering.jpg
    GishGirCentering.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 703
wow, i get to christen this thread...looks very coll, im doin an all out chaos scenario and these skeletons will do great things...excellent work

How about doing the Galic Horseman in the next group you release?

BTW, does anyone know who the Perthalle are?

Gents,
once again I do need some history help on these outstanding units.
So far I got this, beside the name given units like Scythian, Greeks, Romans and the like.

- Apiru Skirmisher
- Giborim Auxilia - Israel
- Hittites Meshedi Spearman
- Khepetj Auxilia
- Massarti Spearman
- Militia Spearman
- Nubian Medjay skirmisher - African like Ethiopians, and Carthage, perhaps Egypt, Arabs
- Saballum Quallatum Auxilia
- Sheridan Swordman - perhaps Sea Peoples, Egypt, Libyan (Carthage)
- Mariannu archer chariot - Indo Europeans (Indians ??)
- Medianite camels
- Ne'arin archer chariot - Israel
- Perthale horse archer
- Gish Gir battle cart or Celtic chariot
- Tribal units ???

How can these be placed ????

Cemo

'Apiru Is an Egyptian word. It is not an ethnic group but rather a lower caste of society, criminals, poor, etc.
Gibborim (Mighty men) are Israeli elite infantry.
The Sabum Qallatum seems affiliated with the Babylonians. Don’t know much else.
Pethalle and Hupshu (the Egyptian Javeliner) seem affiliated with the Assyrians.

I use these units for most of my Mesopotamian/Middle Eastern civs.

Use the tribal units for whomever you like. I intend to use them for non-Celtic/Germanic European civs.

Edit: Oh, the Tribal Warrior is a Samnite warrior. These lads were an Italic tribe and they fought a bunch of wars with the Romans. Some think their fighting style inspired the Roman legion. By the way, the Samnite term for legion would be “Leígúss”

nice units steph!

The Khepetj seems associated with Ugarit, Canaanites, eh basically Semites.

As for the Massarti I am still at loss. The only related things I could find were amphibians, cars and the tale of Massarti, the one-armed lion tamer who was mauled and killed by a lion in Bolton in 1872. :twitch:

Lookin good my friend

Steph, I hope that skeleton is coming too? :) Very useful for fantasy scenarios (or why not a "Golden Fleece" scenario? ;) )

The Massarti spearman is one of my new favourites. :)

BTW, Zane, your signature is too long. It's supposed to not be longer than five lines; yours is ten.

Top Bottom