Steph strikes again: Ancient units conversion collection

Very nice Steph. I've been watching this thread grow and waiting fror you to finish so I can post. I can't wait to get my hands on a few of these.

It seems some of you can't read and only look at the pretty pictures :rolleyes: Most of your questions are answered in the first post.
They have pedia pics, but not very nice ones (remember it's just a conversion, so I'm limited to what it's in the original game).
They won't be resized, as I think the infantry size is OK (compared them with the warrior and spearmen with Flicster). The cavalry is a bit bigger than CivIII units, but is consistent with the infantry. It's civ units which are to small.

Beside, the way the zoom fonction works in SSS, I don't need to resize the units anymore. So as these conversion are mainly for SSS...

Very nice- and interesting- a new wave of flavor units comming our way - thank you Steph :goodjob:

errr- I have some troubles atributing certain tribal names- is anyone able to give a vague idea which unit would be used by which civ (i mean the likes of "Saballum Quallatum", "Gish", or "Khepetj"- personally never heard of these- amongst others :D)

They look great :thumbsup:! Probably I just overread it but: When will the first ones be relised?

They look great! I'm always in favor of more flavor units.

:goodjob:

Fantastic I could use these in my fantasy world mod I am creating. Some units would be espesialy good for my Atlantis and Troj civs.

I was just wondering though when will we be able to down load them OR DID I MISS SOMETHING.

Thank you Steph the magnificent :goodjob:

If you had asked permission to use our artwork it may have been granted. It was not. What do you intend to do about this?

We are a small independent developer and times are hard enough without things like this happening.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Developers of Legion, Chariots of War & Spartan
http://www.slitherine.co.uk

Steph... very nice. VERY nice.
Sizewise, these units will fir nicely into Civ, right?
Can't wait for the first ones to be released... they sure are sorely needed in my "World History Rewritten" Mod!

Apparently, Slitherine Software, developers of the game, don't allow the use of the animations. I've emailed Iain McNeil for a confirmation, but it is likely these converted animations will not be released and will remain on my computer for my own usage.

Sorry guys, I thought the one who started that a few months ago (I can't remember his name) had the authorization when he posted the first one, so I didn't checked, but apparently he didn't.

Dunno what Ian's complaining about: it's not like he would lose revenue from this. Still, it's always nice to ask, I suppose.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61298

here was the first thread by Feanor. As you can see, he inlcuded Slitherine software in the credits, that's why I thougt they were OK and did not ask again.
I did not include clearly the name of the company in my credits, but put alink instead

I hope this is approved. To be honest I had never heard of those games, but this thread is advertising them and their graphix. I don't believe there would be any money lost here, and in fact it might bring in some others like myself who will be curious and actually buy the original games to at least check them out.

Iain McNeil said:
If you had asked permission to use our artwork it may have been granted. It was not. What do you intend to do about this?

We are a small independent developer and times are hard enough without things like this happening.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Developers of Legion, Chariots of War & Spartan
http://www.slitherine.co.uk

Are you going to develop and sell Civ 3 units? Is that the revenue you'd lose?As a matter of fact, I'd never heard of the game this came from until Steph suggested converting units from it, and was thinking of checking it out. When I read your post, it put me off from doing so.

Top Bottom