SGOTM 14 - Kakumeika

What is the status on our begging? Who have we begged and when did we do it?

I didn't beg anything yet, that is the why I didn't make any mention of it.
Unfortunately, as the turns fly, their gold wallets went smaller and smaller. For the moment being, we should wait.
Fake Gandhi was for one turn pleased, but all the gold went through the Construction+Monotheism trade.

Capital whips a marketplace after whipping a forge [...]

I sense mabraham will go against whipping a marketplace, he was already against a forge...
you want to whip it because we have most of required happy resource to boost the cap size...and to gain more gold thanks to palace when the science slider is off.

Revolt to Organized Religion+Slavery in 1 turn.

Just verified and that is very nice we still can switch two civics in one turn.

Trade Music to West Witches for Metal Casting+best 2nd tech

:yup: Seems good unless we want to keep monopoly of it, but for what reason...an emperor AI is far from dangerous for cultural victory.
I have the intuition, if the radom generator goes for it, they will start to tech music next turn, decreasing the value of said technoology. Still, the value will be enough thanks to inflation value caused by team playing. Witches of the East will finish HR next turn and if my memory doesn't fail, Witches of the North will readily accept trading it as long as there is at least one team possessing the same knowledge.
We (perhaps) can trade Literature for HR then. If Music isn't enough because their tech rate is enormous, then HR may help to gain Monarchy (or whatever the second best tech even though there is not other choice than monarchy).

Tachywaxon, will you be able to update the test game?

It depends on how much time Kaitzilla lets me to do it...:eek:
For today, too late, I want to sleep early.
I still have to correct WW's test game in addition to update my turnset.

It depends on how much time Kaitzilla lets me to do it...:eek:
For today, too late, I want to sleep early.
I still have to correct WW's test game in addition to update my turnset.

Cool. I will begin making a rough PPP then. The updated Test Game will let us fine turn micro once we decide what direction we wish to move in.

I think we have 2 directions we can go now. The West Witches say "We don't wish to share that technology just yet" about Theology, so that means they are not yet constructing the Aposolistic Palace? (Instead of "We have our reasons") We have vision on 5 out of 6 Ghandi cities and they are building Granary, Work Boat, Library, and 2 Christian Missionaries.

1) Expand peacefully, spread our religion to the other AI, try to construct the Aposolistic Palace, gift tons of techs to north/west witches to speed up overall teching speed, and grow larger and larger until we are touching borders with the East Witches. Then we stomp them :). Ghenghis and Monty have very large diplo modifiers for religion, so we should try to convert them first.

2) Whip some forges, construct some barracks, switch to Theocracy+Police State once forges and missionairies are done, and absolutely destroy the East Witches. If they have longbows and crossbows, the war will take a while. I envision 2 galleys chaining troops over from Culture City, and 2 galleys plus a trireme slowly moving the stack southeast down the edge of the map taking Asoka's Cities. This 2nd fleet will be needed to cross the water to attack Ragnar most likely cause the map has watery gaps between AI areas.

Cool. I will begin making a rough PPP then. The updated Test Game will let us fine turn micro once we decide what direction we wish to move in.

Woah. Already. :eek::eek: How much time do you give to me to update it? Given for the next 9 hours, of course.

Woah. Already. :eek::eek: How much time do you give to me to update it? Given for the next 9 hours, of course.

Some time tomorrow night is fine. :D

I'm trying to embrace the less-micro more-goal style of play that our Captain was advocating. There will still be micro, just less of it I think now that a lot of tiles are improved and all the forests are gone.

I sense mabraham will go against whipping a marketplace, he was already against a forge...
you want to whip it because we have most of required happy resource to boost the cap size...and to gain more gold thanks to palace when the science slider is off.

:yup: Seems good unless we want to keep monopoly of it, but for what reason...an emperor AI is far from dangerous for cultural victory.
I have the intuition, if the radom generator goes for it, they will start to tech music next turn, decreasing the value of said technoology. Still, the value will be enough thanks to inflation value caused by team playing. Witches of the East will finish HR next turn and if my memory doesn't fail, Witches of the North will readily accept trading it as long as there is at least one team possessing the same knowledge.
We (perhaps) can trade Literature for HR then. If Music isn't enough because their tech rate is enormous, then HR may help to gain Monarchy (or whatever the second best tech even though there is not other choice than monarchy).

A marketplace in the capital seems nicest with that gob of cottages and the palace. Hopefully I can convince him somehow.

It would be great if North Witches would trade us horseback riding on T116. Elephants can beat longbows with enough catapults.

Some time tomorrow night is fine. :D

I'm trying to embrace the less-micro more-goal style of play that our Captain was advocating. There will still be micro, just less of it I think now that a lot of tiles are improved and all the forests are gone.

Ha ha, I just reread what I wrote, I meant I will sleep for the next 9 hours. So from 9 hours later, how much time do you allow to me? I should slow down my typing speed, really, I am always making sensical mistakes.

Ha ha, I just reread what I wrote, I meant I will sleep for the next 9 hours. So from 9 hours later, how much time do you allow to me? I should slow down my writing speed, really, I am always making sensical mistakes.

By this time tomorrow night would be great, if it is possible. 24 hours from now :crazyeye:

Broad Goals for T115-T125:

Finish Teching Music in 2 turns.
Steal Theology in 2 turns.
Revolt to Taoism in 1 turn.

We are planning to use the free Great Artist from being first to Music to start a Golden Age, so we want to wait till the Golden Age before we adopt Organized Religion and Slavery and convert to Taoism. From the above, it looks like we are adopting and converting 1t before we could start a GA.

Sun Tzu Wu

We are planning to use the free Great Artist from being first to Music to start a Golden Age, so we want to wait till the Golden Age before we adopt Organized Religion and Slavery and convert to Taoism. From the above, it looks like we are adopting and converting 1t before we could start a GA.

Sun Tzu Wu

I was not planning on using the Great Artist for a Golden Age on this turnset due to the massive war whipping coming soon, but I will do so if the team wishes to take that direction.

Thanks Kaitzilla for getting those broad goals out

I'd like to add these goals for consideration

• Get a galley and spy to the eastern witches lands asap
  • Whip out lighthouses in the coastal cities (perhaps timing the whips for 2 pop whips once they get the religion and we are under organized religion) --If so avoid getting more than 22 hammers inot the lighthouse builds. The overflow could go into a forge.
  • Explore the feasibility of getting a sword, catapult combo to the barbarian city near Elizabeth. This could perhaps happen instead of 2nd settler.
  • Get a spy into Boston asap so we can have a 50% stationary spy to steal a tech the northern witches might tech for us.
  • If northern witches start a good tech keep espionage on them, if they don't switch espionage to the southern witches to get tech visibility on them. Once you have tech visibility switch most of the espionage back to the northern witches.
  • Once theology is stolen send a 2nd spy into Trojan Horse immediately to keep our tech stealing options.
  • Consider a taoism monastery instead of market in the capital.
  • Consider starting the AP in the capital.

The spy infiltration has yielded more passive intelligence on our enemies. Here are the screenshots. Since we have data on 6AI, we can read between the lines a little using the Demographic Screen to see what the South Witches are up to also.

Spoiler :
Demographics

GNP

Production

Food

Power

Culture

Espionage

Note the West Witches increased their espionage after our infiltration of them. Or maybe they just built courthouses :hmm:

Note the West Witches increased their espionage after our infiltration of them. Or maybe they just built courthouses :hmm:

Fake Gandhi only has one courthouse and Monty, I don't know yet, but the fact he's running caste system slow down courthouses build. I guess he might have on at max.
After all, I don't understand why you questioning this, you were the one who suggested that the AI's put 20% of slider on espionage when the EP ratio is highly unbalanced.

I think we have 2 directions we can go now. The West Witches say "We don't wish to share that technology just yet" about Theology, so that means they are not yet constructing the Aposolistic Palace? (Instead of "We have our reasons") We have vision on 5 out of 6 Ghandi cities and they are building Granary, Work Boat, Library, and 2 Christian Missionaries.

1) Expand peacefully, spread our religion to the other AI, try to construct the Aposolistic Palace, gift tons of techs to north/west witches to speed up overall teching speed, and grow larger and larger until we are touching borders with the East Witches. Then we stomp them :). Ghenghis and Monty have very large diplo modifiers for religion, so we should try to convert them first.

2) Whip some forges, construct some barracks, switch to Theocracy+Police State once forges and missionairies are done, and absolutely destroy the East Witches. If they have longbows and crossbows, the war will take a while. I envision 2 galleys chaining troops over from Culture City, and 2 galleys plus a trireme slowly moving the stack southeast down the edge of the map taking Asoka's Cities. This 2nd fleet will be needed to cross the water to attack Ragnar most likely cause the map has watery gaps between AI areas.

This is a very hard decision. I think option #1 expanding peacefully building the AP might be the best path.

Reasons
The early war path (2) is risky since if the AI get longbows then it will be a long dragged out war and will make it hard (due to excessive whipping of most of our cities) to peacefully produce the great people we need to get mass media quickly and spread our religion and build the AP.

I like the peace path because we can get the AP and spread begin spreading our religion to our potential friends. I think this is important because it will be difficult in this map to get missionaries quickly to the AI lands. So we need to start early if we are going to succeed in converting one or more teams to our religion.

I also like the peace path because I think a later war will let us get established (likely whipping or building lighthouses, courthouses, forges, and barracks before we go to war. The courthouses will allow us to maximize the espionage game and better deal with the rapid expansion of our empire. We have time to get a 8 xp unit on the barb city near Elizabeth, so we can likely build the HE and produce the more modern military units more efficiently.

In addition it will be easier to whip more advanced units efficiently with a forge and police state. For example it is easier to 2 pop whip with max overflow when you have a forge and or police state more expensive units like macemen and trebs.

Having the AI in our AP religion can really help us with the diplomacy. We can bring holy wars. If we build the AP ourselves, we can also avoid being manipulated by the AI who would build the AP instead of us.

The peace path might still allow us to do an opportunistic early war in the southern witches declare on the eastern witches. We might be able to grab workers and maybe a city or 2 on the edges.

I agree with Kaitzilla that we want to wait to use the great artist for a GA. The value of a GA will be higher when we are a bigger empire.

If we go with the peacely expand opportunistically declare war path...

Tech Paper T119-T125
Bulb a good chunk of Education, don't bulb Compass
I agree with all of the above goals
Spend 6 turns mass spreading Taoism.
Cities that get Taoism whip more Missionairies.
We can often get 2 missionaries out of a city quickly with a 2 pop whip. I wouldn't whip the capital or GPFarm to get missionaries for example. Also we can get a missionary with the overlow of a forge whip too perhaps.
When 3 Missionaires are walking and no more can be whipped, whip forges

Nice looking plan Kaitzilla.

My thoughts:

• I am undecided on how to best proceed in Washington.
  • I think farming the marble city is better than cottages.
  • I agree with bcool on his espionage point assignment.
  • I think we should consider Civil Service before Paper. With Theology and CS, this should decrease the cost of Paper. If Gandhi starts researching CS next, I am OK waiting to steal it.
  • Once we get CS, get our irrigation chains set up especially for corn in the capitol.
  • I suggest the next city go on the sheep 3W of Gems City. It will pick up clams, can borrow crabs, it allows for a second city between Gems City and Isengard. With a city on the sheep, it will eventually allow irrigating to the other city site SW and to Isengard.
  • Get some workshops up in Stone City.
  • Cancel resources trades to east witches. One now and one in 7 turns.

Your asked about our opinions about war. I will refrain from commenting. I tend to play a peaceful style and tend to push of war until I have stronger units. I think this approach is probably not good for this SGOTM.

I agree farms for Marble city.

Re: war plans
I am definitely on the fence with the war plans. I would like to have my cake and eat it too however. I really think the AP is going to make a diplo game much much easier. If we can build the AP and get a successful early war great. But I don't want to sacrifice the AP.

I want a spy in the eastern witches lands now, it would make this decision a lot easier...

They might have elephants. That would make the war difficult. And I don't know what the eta on feudalism is. If they start teching feudalism and have elephants I think we have to abort no?

Proceed with war plans, but be flexible if the war looks too hard? If southern witches declare on the eastern witches then we jump in, if they don't we wait?

FINAL PPP​
T115-T125​

9 Cities, 9 Workers, 55 Population/311 World (17.68%), 8.4%/68% Land Dom.

Technology: Music, Paper

When I play I often connect my cities with my workers in my head. I will attempt to do so in this PPP using screenshots to condense information. If it does not work well, then I will use a PPP that resembles Tachywaxon's PPP.

The first two turns are dictated by attempting +287:science: to get Music in two turns for GArtist and trading for Metal Casting. The next two turns are occupied by revolting to Taoism first to allow a Theology steal, and then revolting to Slavery+Organized Religion.

Isengarde

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115-T116 - Spearman [Sheep, Fish, Cow, Horse, Bronze, Spy, Merchant]
T117-T118 - Revolt
T119 - Swordsman [Sheep, Fish, Cow, Horse, Bronze, Unimproved Grassland, Spy]
T120 - Catapult [Sheep, Fish, Cow, Horse, Bronze, 2 Unimproved Grassland]
T121 - Whip Catapult [Sheep, Fish, Cow, Horse, Bronze]
T122 - Swordsman [Sheep, Fish, Cow, Horse, Bronze, Unimproved Grassland] (Take catapult and go hit on Barb City 10ish tiles south)
T123 - Lighthouse [Sheep, Fish, Cow, Horse, Bronze, Unimproved Grassland]
///// Depends on the situation really at this point //////
T124 - Axeman [Sheep, Fish, Cow, Horse, Bronze, 2 Coasts]
T125 - Swordsman [Sheep, Fish, Cow, Horse, 3 Coasts] (Longbow/Elephant and Bronze if possible)
T126 - Whip Swordsman/Elephant/Longbow *Beyond Turnset*
T127 - Swordsman *Beyond Turnset*
T128 - Walls? *Beyond Turnset*

Worker Actions
Karl:
T115-T117 - Road 1S1W of Isengarde
T118-T120 - Road 2S2W of Isengarde
T121 - Move to forest 3S3W of Isengarde
T122-T124 Road 3S3W of Isengarde

Gems City

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115-T116 - Lighthouse [Crabs, Wheat, Gems, Deer, 5 Scientists]
T117-T118 Revolt
T119 - Whip Lighthouse [Crabs, Wheat, Gems, Deer, Unimproved Sugar, Gmine, Pmine]
T120 - Taoist Missionary [Crabs, Wheat, Gems, Deer, Unimproved Sugar, GMine, Pmine] (Spreads Taoism to Isengarde T123)
T121-T122 - Forge [Crabs, Wheat, Gems, Deer, Sugar, Gmine, Pmine, then Coast on T122]
T123 - Taoist Missionary [Crab, Wheat, Gems, Deer, Sugar, Gmine, 2 Coast] (Insert after Toaism spreads to Isengarde T123)
T124 - Whip Taoist Missionary [Crab, Wheat, Gems, Deer, Sugar, Gmine, Gmine] (Spreads to Trojan City T126)
T125 - Whip Forge [Crab, Wheat, Gems, Deer, Sugar, Gmine]
T126 - Aposolistic Palace (Should have a nice overflow snowball) *beyond turnset*

Worker Actions
Yamasaki:
T115-T118 Chop Jungle
T119-T121 Plantation Sugar
T122 - Road Sugar
T123 - Mine Ghill
T124 - Leave Gem's City and Move to Forest 2S2W of Gems City
T125 - Fortify for next player

Ramanajun:
T115 - Move onto Phill
T116-T119 - Mine Phill
T120-T121 - Plantation Sugar
T122 - Road Sugar
T123-T124 - Mine Ghill

GPFarm

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115-T116 - National Epic [Fish, Clam, Pigs, Flood Plain, 6 Scientists, then 7 T116]
T117-T118 Revolt
T119 - Settler [Fish, Clam, Pigs, Flood Plain, Silk, Ghill, Ghill, Phill, Phill, 2 Scientists]
T120 - Settler [Fish, Clam, Pigs, Flood Plain, Silk, Silk, Ghill, Phill, Phill, 2 Scientists]
T121 - Whip Settler [Fish, Clam, Pigs, Food Plain, Ghill, Ghill, Phill, Phill] (Founds Sheep City T124)
T122-T125 - National Epic [Fish, Clam, Pigs, Flood Plain, Grass Farm, Silk, Silk, Ghill, then Ghill followed by Phills after T122] (City Growth or NE rushing here?)

Worker Actions
Fritz:
T115 - Fort Silk (Already done at start of T115)
T116-T118 Plantation Silk 1S1W of GPfarm
T119-T120 Plantation Silk 1W of GPfarm
T121 - Road 1S1E of GPFarm
T122 - Leave GPFarm's BFC to Road 1N of Washington's Sheep tile

Goodyear:
T116-T117 Plantation Silk 1S1W of GPfarm
T118-T120 Plantation Silk 1W of GPfarm
T121 - Road 1S1E of GPFarm
T122 - Leave GPFarm's BFC to Road 1N of Washington's Sheep tile

Washington

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115-T116 Market [Corn, Cow, Sheep, 6 Grass Cottages, Plains Cottage, then Ghill T116]
T117-T118 Revolt
T119-T122 Forge [Corn, Cow, Sheep, 6 Grass Cottages, Plains Cottage, Spices, then Ghill T121]
T123 - Whip Forge [Corn, Cow, Sheep, 6 Grass Cottages]
T124-T125 - Market [Corn, Cow, Sheep, 6 Riverside Grass Cottages, Engineer]

Worker Actions
Hoover:
T115 - Cottage Plains
T116 - T117 Plantation Spices
T118-T119 Move to Marble City to construct farm

Semiramus:
T115-T117 Plantation Spices
T118-T119 Move to Marble City to construct farm

Fritz:
T123-T125 - Plantation Silk

Goodyear:
T123-T124 - Plantation Silk

Culture Bridge

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115-T116 - Lighthouse [Crab, Clam, 2 Merchant]
T117-T118 - Revolt
T119 - Whip Ligthouse [Crab, Clam, Ghill]
T120-T122 Worker
T123-T125 - Library?

Worker Actions

Marble City

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115-T116 - Granary [Crab, Merchant]
T117-T118 - Revolt
T119-T120 - Granary [Crab, Unimproved Grass Tile]
T121-T124 - Granary [Crab, Grass Farm, another Grass Farm if it grows to size 3]
T125 - Lighthouse? to keep 2-pop whip for Granary in the queue

Worker Actions
Hoover:
T119-T121 - Farm 2W1N of Marble City
T122-T123 - Farm 2W of Marble City
T124 - Road 1W1N of Marble City

Semiramus:
T119-T120 - Farm 2W1N of Marble City
T121-T123 - Farm 2W of Marble City
T124 - Road 1W1N of Marble City

Stone City

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115-T116 Taoism Monastary [Gold, Rice, Oasis, Stone, Crab, 2 Coast Tiles]
T117-T118 Revolt
T119 - Taoist Missionary [Gold, Rice, Oasis, Stone, Crab, River Cottage, 2 Coast Tiles]
T120 - Whip Taoist Missionary [Gold, Rice, Oasis, Stone, Crab, River Cottage] (Spreads to GPFarm T122)
T121 - Taoist Missionary [Gold, Rice, Oasis, Stone, Crab, River Cottage, Coast] (Spreads to Washington T123)
T122 - Taoist Missionary (Insert into queue once Tao spread to Washington) (Will juggle Stone with coast to keep up the 2 pop whips)
T123 - Whip Taoist Missionary (Spreads to Silver City T125)
T124 - Taoist Missionary (Spreads to Phant City T126)
T125 - Taoist Missionary

Worker Actions

Silver City

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115-T116 Lighthouse [Pigs, Fish, Silver, Grass Farm, Merchant then 2 Merchant T116]
T117-T118 Revolt
T119-121 - Settler [Pigs, Fish, Silver, Grass Farm, Phill, Lake]
T122 - Whip Settler [Pigs, Fish, Phill] (Founds Fur City T129)
T123-T124 - Wealth
T125 - Lighthouse

Worker Actions
Stevenson:
T115-T116 Road Pigs
T117 - Moves to forest in Phants City BFC

Phants City

Spoiler :

City Actions
T115 - Granary [Artist] (Move Workboat onto seafood in time for border pop)
T116 - Granary [Clams]
T117-T118 Revolt
T119-T125 - Granary [Clams,Iivory then Dye when available]

Worker Actions
Eiffel:
T115-T116 Elephant Camp
T117-T118 Road Desert Iron
T119 - Move to Jungle Dye
T120-T121 Road Jungle Dye
T122 - Chop Jungle Dye
T123-T124 - Plantation Dye
T125- Fortify for next player

Stevenson:
T117 Move to forest
T118-T120 Chop Forest
T121-T123 - Move to Jungle Dye and Chop
T124 - Plantation Dye

Sheep City

Spoiler :

City Actions
T124 - Build Culture for 5 turns [Grassland Forest]

Worker Actions
T124 - Yamasaki enters forest 1S1E of Sheep City

Fur City

Spoiler :

City Actions

Worker Actions

Tiny City

Spoiler :

City Actions

Worker Actions

Idea abandoned :blush:

Non-City Workers :mischief:
(Outside a City's BFC)

Goodyear:
T115 - Fort Incense (Already done at start of T115)
T116 - Head to GPFarm's BFC to Plantation Silk
T122 - Road 1N of Washington's Sheep Tile
T123 - Enter Washington's BFC to Plantation Silk

Fritz:

T122 - Road 1N of Washington's Sheep Tile
T123 - Enter Washington's BFC to Plantation Silk

Karl:

T118-T120 - Road 2S2W of Isengarde
T121 - Move to forest 3S3W of Isengarde
T122-T123 - Road 3S3W of Isengarde
T124 - Road Ice 1S1E of Fur City's Sheep

Non-City Moves

The workboat by Phants City will move onto Seafood T115 in preparation for border pop.
The Great Spy will scout south to explore the bottom-left of the map where Montezuma resides.
The galley from Silver City will sail south to Culture Bridge and transfer two spies to Asoka's land on T123. One will explore Southwest, other Southeast. Closed borders means one will be caught eventually. Will avoid ending movement on a city garrison of troops/spy.
Will attempt to steal Theology on T117 to open up Paper before anarchy with trade route bonus.
The Taoist Missionairy will spread Toaism to Gems City on T116.
The axeman will continue to scout the wilderness and kill the occasional barb while watching for South Witch Stack of Doom. The workboat up north will keep exploring west for a trade route to West Witches. The scout chariot will head west, then up Ghenghis spoke.

Diplomacy
Tech demands for anything except Philosophy will be granted to West and North Witches. Gold and resource demands will be granted to West and North Witches also.
All request for halting trades, changing religions, and help with war will be denied if any AI requests them.
All demands from South and East Witches will be declined.

Will cancel gifted resource trades with East Witches as soon as possible.
Will try to get gpt resource trade with both North Witches and East Witches even though there is diplo risk with demands to stop trading with East Witches.

Will attempt trade of Music for Metal Casting and possibly Monarchy if possible with West Witches T117.
Will look for begging opportunities with North and West Witches who are pleased on T115, T116, T117, and T118. Since we are not spreading Taoism in Trojan City, will revolt slavery/organized religion on T117, and convert to Taoism T118 after begging opportunities checked.

Espionage will stay on North Witches if they are teching something nice, else will switch to South Witches to get vision on their tech.

Fake Gandhi only has one courthouse and Monty, I don't know yet, but the fact he's running caste system slow down courthouses build. I guess he might have on at max.
After all, I don't understand why you questioning this, you were the one who suggested that the AI's put 20% of slider on espionage when the EP ratio is highly unbalanced.

Oh ya, you showed that in Post #1948.

Clearly 20% on the espionage slider.

Broad Goals for T115-T125:

Tech Paper T119-T125
Bulb a good chunk of Education, don't bulb Compass

All seems fine.

Spend 6 turns mass spreading Taoism.
Cities that get Taoism whip more Missionairies.
When 3 Missionaires are walking and no more can be whipped, whip forges

I think we have four types of city at the moment. The capital, the GPfarm, three hammers-focussed cities (Stone, Gems, Isengard), and a handful of low-hammers medium-to-high food cities (CB, Silver, Marble, Ivory). These last four do not want forges or Taoism - their job will be to run Caste merchants to float the economy. I don't see the value in spending hammers on missionaries for Isengard and Gems just so that they can save 25% whipping a forge. So I think we want our existing missionary to spread in TH, and two more, one for the capital and one for GPfarm.

Capital whips a marketplace after whipping a forge, then purely grows to work all cottages again while building military naturally.

I think a marketplace is wrong. I do not think our gold should not be coming from the slider, but rather the up to 15 or so merchants we will run in those smaller cities. If we were to put an academy and/or uni and/or Oxford in the capital this case would be even more compelling. We want the slider at 100%, so we want merchants for the gold.

I am torn whether to cottage or farm Marble City. Any thoughts?

Farms seem best to me.

GPFarm will probably spend this turnset building National Epic.

... and then we will want Caste System again so that we're getting started on the massive pile of GScientists we plan on getting.

Workers build Calendar resources and mines, then connect all 9 cities to Culture Bridge with roads when enough good tiles are completed to keep whipping cities occupied during the war starting around T130-T135.

Speaking of this war... the AIs could have Feudalism in 10 turns or so, or Machinery in up to 20. They have Monarchy and one has Theology. East has the tech for War Elephants, but it seems that they do not have ivory at the moment. I think the window for a cat-axe-sword war has closed.

While the rest of the empire waits for the Taoism/Forges wave, they build lighthouses, settlers, and scout chariots. I want 2 more cities in our empire. One a few tiles north of our capital, and Whale City who can steal Gem Citie's Seafood. Gems City will have plenty of food resources, and Whale City can be a good whipping post later on with Sheep and Seafood.

Why do we want one north of our capital? It has no food of its own. Also, whale city cannot have sheep and seafood unless we steal from Gems, who might as well have kept the seafood now that it has built a lighthouse, and run Caste workshops with the food...

I Want to send our Great spy down Mansa's spoke to scout Monty's land. I want our scout chariot to explore Ghenghis' land and those mystery mountains. I want a 2nd not-yet-built scout chariot to explore Elizabeth's land and assist the first scout chariot with those mountains. I want a 3rd not-yet-built scout chariot to explore the South Witches land. I want the scout workboat up north to keep trying to circle around the edge of the map establishing trade routes.

Sounds good.

We are shaping up to be friends with North and West Witches. East Witches are practically useless to us diplomatically with their closed borders, and South Witches are hated by East/West witches. I will continue to snub South/East Witches and try to build relations with North/West Witches.

Yes.

What is the status on our begging? Who have we begged and when did we do it?

Don't know.

Top Bottom