[BTS Python/XML] Partisan Mod

GIR

It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced
update2: +1 Partisan with Protective Trait.

update: The amount of Partisans also depends on the amount of the culture the conqueror has in the conquered city (more culture for the conqueror means less Partisans for the former owner)

Here is another little mini mod:

Partisan Mod

It adds a new Unit: Partisan (skin by Robo Magic Man)
It also adds a little python code:

You can’t build this Unit but after you have researched rifling you will get a certain amount of Partisan Units when the enemy captures one of your cities. The same works with enemy cities if the AI has the rifling tech.
The amount of Partisans in the city radius depends on the size of the captured city, if the original city owner has the Nationhood Civic (= more Partisans) and for balancing issues if the new owner is stronger or weaker than the former owner (a weaker former owner will also get more Partisans).
Partisans prefer to “spawn” on tiles with higher defence like hills, forest/jungle and forts if they are not occupied by enemy units, but it's still random.
When a Partisan Unit spawn it will automatically damage up to five random enemy units within its range (range = 1; damage per enemy unit = 15-30% but they can’t kill enemies with this attack).

The Partisan Unit has a strength of 11, 1 movement and a 20% withdrawal chance (see pic). This would be a little bit too week in the late game so new Partisan Units will get free promotions with certain techs and free promotion when they spawn on certain tiles (see pic).
For more info about what techs will give you what promotions see this:
Spoiler :
Code:
		###      new created Partisan units will get more and more promotions with higher       ###
		###      tech level and also get special promotions dependig on the "start" plot        ###
		###-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------###
		###     technology      |     plot types      |      promotions      |      chance      ###
		###---------------------+---------------------+----------------------+------------------###
		###      rifling        |          you need rifling tech to get Partisan units          ###
		###    assembly line    |          -          |       + drill        |       100%       ###
		###    industrialism    |          -          |       + drill        |       100%       ###
		###      rocketry       |          -          |       + drill        |       100%       ###
		###      plastics       |          -          |       + drill        |       100%       ###
		###      railroad       |          -          |     + flanking I     |       100%       ###
		###     combustion      |          -          |     + flanking II    |       100%       ###
		###       radio         |          -          |       + morale       |        50%       ###
		###      fascism        |          -          |       + combat       |        50%       ###
		###      computers      |          -          |       + combat       |       100%       ###
		###      robotics       |          -          |       + combat       |       100%       ###
		###     composites      |          -          |       + combat       |       100%       ###
		###       laser         |          -          |       + combat       |       100%       ###
		###         -           |   forest / jungle   |     + woodsman I     |       100%       ###
		###    assembly line    |   forest / jungle   |     + woodsman II    |        75%       ###
		###    industrialism    |   forest / jungle   |     + woodsman III   |        50%       ###
		###         -           |        hill         |     + guerilla I     |       100%       ###
		###    assembly line    |        hill         |     + guerilla II    |        75%       ###
		###    industrialism    |        hill         |     + guerilla III   |        50%       ###

### number of Partisan units depending on city size (before conquest) and if  ###
		### the loser of the city is stronger or weaker (military power) as the new   ###
		###                          owner of the city.                               ###
		###---------------------------------------------------------------------------###
		###  city size  | Partisan Units if | Partisan Units if   | reduce population ###
		### before conq.| loser weaker conq.| loser stronger conq.|                   ###
		###-------------+-------------------+---------------------+-------------------###
		###    01-06    |       1 - 2       |       0 - 1         |         0         ###
		###    07-13    |       2 - 3       |       1 - 2         |  - num partisans  ###
		###    14-20    |       3 - 5       |       1 - 3         |  - num partisans  ###
		###    21-27    |       4 - 6       |       2 - 4         |  - num partisans  ###
		###    28-34    |       5 - 8       |       2 - 5         |  - num partisans  ###
		###    35-41    |       6 - 9       |       3 - 6         |  - num partisans  ###
		###     ...     |        ...        |        ...          |  - num partisans  ###
		###-------------+-------------------+---------------------+-------------------###
		###             |  +3 units with    |  +3 units with      |                   ###
		###             |  NATIONHOOD civic |  NATIONHOOD civic   |                   ###

Some pics:

Have fun!

File:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6893

Question, is this only for BtS? Coz, I heard they already had a Partisan system.
Two. The Partisans shouldn't get free promots, their weak in the later game cuz no Partisan can stand up to a modern armor.
Three. Your culture should have something to do with how many Partisans you get, like if the civ that took you city had 10% cult in it already in you get like 10% less partisans.
Four. Do you control them? You shouldn't be able to they should just act like a AI helping you out and when/if you take the city back over all the Parts form that city go away.
Five. Does this still work if they raze the city?
Six. Happy people should have something to do with how many parts you get. The more unhappy the less parts.
Seven. Do you get Parts if someone takes your city over with cult?
8. Great work I always wanted this mod! :D

PS. Hope thats not to much just wanted to add my two cents :p

Question, is this only for BtS? Coz, I heard they already had a Partisan system.
It’s an older mod originally part of my Sevomod add-on. Now it’s a spin-off mod for BTS. In the Sevomod add-on it was compatible with vanilla civ4 and it works with Warlords (it’s part of the ViSa mod, too.) But this BTS version doesn't work with vanilla and Warlords because of some python code changes (initUnit command).

Two. The Partisans shouldn't get free promots, their weak in the later game cuz no Partisan can stand up to a modern armor.
I see your point but a Partisan with all possible promotions is still weak against a modern Tank.
In addition to that the Partisans spawn in the same turn in which the enemy conquer your city. That means the enemy can kill or weaken (bombard) them all before the Partisans can attack. (<-- therefore I included the random damage attack if enemies are in the range of the Partisan Units).

But on the other hand I don’t know about the balance because the most games are won before you get them and I don’t have enough experience with them. So if something isn’t balanced plz tell.

Three. Your culture should have something to do with how many Partisans you get, like if the civ that took you city had 10% cult in it already in you get like 10% less partisans.
Very good idea! That shouldn’t be too hard to implement.

Four. Do you control them? You shouldn't be able to they should just act like a AI helping you out and when/if you take the city back over all the Parts form that city go away.
That is exactly what I was trying to implement as I created the code but I don’t know how.

Five. Does this still work if they raze the city?
Yes.

Six. Happy people should have something to do with how many parts you get. The more unhappy the less parts.
I will see what can be done.

Seven. Do you get Parts if someone takes your city over with cult?
No. Only on conquest.

8. Great work I always wanted this mod! :D
:D

PS. Hope thats not to much just wanted to add my two cents :p
:goodjob:

hey gir,

should i update the python files to my overlord mod?

thanks buddy

shouldn't problem but you will lose the desert_cobat1/2 and arctic_combat1/2 promotions for your partisans. i commented this part of the mod out to be compatible with "vanilla" BST without adding new promotions.
just delete the " # " in front of the relevant code and you will get them back.

update: The amount of Partisans also depends on the amount of the culture the conqueror has in the conquered city (more culture for the conqueror mens less Partisans for the former owner)

@Grishnash:
thx for the good idea!

hehe! I do what I can! :D

could you make this module
ive tried to merge it with my base assets and so far its not been very successfull. Looks to be brilliant.

ive placed the phython in with the mod im using and it didnt ask to copy over anything or nothing, and copy-pasted the new sections from the XMLs in the base, and the partisan as an unbuildable unit works sweet, but tanks can roll though citys no worries and with no noticable effects.
No worries. ive got a couple ideas id like to try.

ive placed the phython in with the mod im using and it didnt ask to copy over anything or nothing, and copy-pasted the new sections from the XMLs in the base, and the partisan as an unbuildable unit works sweet, but tanks can roll though citys no worries and with no noticable effects.
No worries. ive got a couple ideas id like to try.

man, i didn't saw your post, sorry!

hmm, thats strange. do you use any other python mod component in your mod?

edit:
if you conquer a city the enemy (former owner of the city) needs the rifling tech to get partisans! maybe that was your mistake?

WOW
You makes bts shine like a star - the last thing what i loved from civ2 :)
and you improved that idea
thank you very much :)

I have 2 questions:
1. If two units could be made?
for example in the begining with 11 strenght, and later improved verson (perhaps even mixed with some spy abilities) with bigger strenght for example 18 strenght

2. I see it's connected to civics - and that's cool - it would work very well with guerilla civic in 1939 mod
but could it be connected to leaders traits?
for example modification of old trait or the new one that gives extra partisans to the leader - it owuld be cool if yugoslavian, french, russian and polish leaders in ww2 mod could get extra partisans

WOW
You makes bts shine like a star - the last thing what i loved from civ2 :)
and you improved that idea
thank you very much :)
thx

I have 2 questions:
1. If two units could be made?
for example in the begining with 11 strenght, and later improved verson (perhaps even mixed with some spy abilities) with bigger strenght for example 18 strenght
it could be done, but one purpose of this mod was to include only 1 partisan unit for all the late eras and the bonus promotion system should balance the lack of strenght in the very late game.

2. I see it's connected to civics - and that's cool - it would work very well with guerilla civic in 1939 mod
but could it be connected to leaders traits?
for example modification of old trait or the new one that gives extra partisans to the leader - it owuld be cool if yugoslavian, french, russian and polish leaders in ww2 mod could get extra partisans

i don't know if there are python calls for the traits in the game but it's very likely. i have to check the API.
if yes then it would be very easy.
i will include it in the next update (maybe protective +1 partisan or something... don't know yet)

Ok thx :) yes i was thinking about changing protective trait
or create new one and give it to De Gaulle and Stalin

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this MOD, i.e. having the Protective trait gain a bonus of +1 Partisan.

I had another question, is the unit that is spawned defined by UNITCLASS or UNIT?
I only ask because I was thinking of changing the UU for a Civ to replace the Partisan, more so to add variety to the game.

the partisan unit is a new unitclass in the xml file but the python code only choose the partisan unit and don't take UUs into account. this could be changed but for more variety the new art style system in bts is really good.

Thank you very much :)
I'll also have something that might interest you - check graphic section today late evening :)

Don't have BTS yet, but this mod looks very interesting. Has anyone played with it yet? How would it integrate with Dale's Combat Mod and the Unofficial 3.13 patch? :)

Top Bottom