During Strike can Great Merchants get disbanded?

JanissaryRush

Warlord
Im in a game where I lose 150 gold a turn at 100% commerce. Units are getting disbanded left right and center and if he can get disbanded I'd rather just build him in a city?

Oh, and are their any tips of getting out of so much debt?

Geuss I have to give away the less desirable cities to the weakist civs with the intention of conquering them back once the economy recovers. I hate doing that though. Save 40 gold from doing 1.

You have to be very observant and take all the chances you can get to get more gold.

but I don't think you've got the observant thing down since you posted in the wrong forum.

I did however see a debt consolidation commerical on TV a little bit ago, maybe they can help you with your strategy.

Im in a game where I lose 150 gold a turn at 100% commerce. Units are getting disbanded left right and center and if he can get disbanded I'd rather just build him in a city?

Geuss I have to give away the less desirable cities to the weakist civs with the intention of conquering them back once the economy recovers. I hate doing that though. Save 40 gold from doing 1.

If it was 100% science then maybe that's why.. You should set 70-80% if you are building too many units. If you are attacking anyone, remind the support cost, the units you send out of your boarders cost more. A city next to the enemy should help but not too far from the capital if you want to attack him, then you move units there and attack razing cities, then you won't need so much gold.

If you are putting 0% on science, culture and spying, maybe the inflation is why you are losing gold. If you set from 100% (of gold used) to 0% you are producing too much too fast and the inflation is coming in this way. If you want to earn money, move from 100 to 80, then 60, 40, etc.. If you do that too fast you will lose a lot of gold in the inflation. If you got too many units sell those that you don't need like workers if you got too many ( you can steal them with ease ) or old units with low exp. And like I seem to understand, save gold before you attack a human/AI like selling them the map, technologies or resources. I suggest also to make peace every time is possible because more turns you are in war, more the population becomes angry and less workers can work. Then, the chain ends with you having less gold.

What I suggest then is: save gold before the war, make peace when possible and if you can, build a city next to the enemy but not too far from your capital. If you already know these things, ok, no problem, I tried to help.

As Grayson said the forum is wrong

PS: I don't know if you can lose great people, but I think you don't. If you want to be sure, use these to get more gold/production/science etc..

Top Bottom