MP Leaderboard Rating

bija_konja

Chieftain
Does anyone know how they come up with the score deemed your "rating" ?

Reason I ask is Ive won 2 games now... The first was a domination victory where I was given a rating somewhere in the low 1100s. I just finished another game where I was about to win when the last person bailed on the game. I checked my rating and it was only 1158.

Is there any formula used to determine the rating? And did I get penalized because someone bailed on the last game I won?

Thanks.

The ranking is based upon 2 factors that I know of.

A) If you win the game.
B) How long you play the game.

The reason you didn't gain too many points the second game, is because the game didn't last long enough for you to get a lot of points. The reason I believe they don't have bailouts as a factor, is because people would just bail before they lost to make sure that player wouldn't get a lot of points. (They tend to bail before they lose, anyways). This is why you still get points even if you lose a game if you play long enough.

I'm trying to figure the PS3 leaderboard ratings out as well. I've seen players on there who have high rankings who have played significantly fewer games than people who are lower than them on the rankings. This is true even for players who have played fewer games and lost more of those games than people who are lower in the rankings than they are. It's all pretty confusing, but then again I'm no genius.

Any thoughts (on the ratings, not my intellect :( )?

Maybe Im missing something here... but how do you see how many games people have played?

You press RB in x360 and you can see how many games you won/loss, your favorite victory, civilization, rating.. However, obviously there is a RATING because the other ratings make you gaining one poin more or less.

I've seen players on there who have high rankings who have played significantly fewer games than people who are lower than them on the rankings.

Well, I wouldn't insult you but this seems to be a silly sentence. Obviously, if you win against top players, let's say 5 games, you get 100 points perhaps. If you play 20 noobs and you are a top player, you get 40 points perhaps.

Hey, insult away, I can take it.

Do you MP on PS3? If so, take a look at the PS3 Leaderboards for Free for All and have a look at the player wins/losses (for purposes of this example, the Top 10). You'll see what I was talking about.

Hey, insult away, I can take it.

Do you MP on PS3? If so, take a look at the PS3 Leaderboards for Free for All and have a look at the player wins/losses (for purposes of this example, the Top 10). You'll see what I was talking about.

No, I play x360. However, same thing I said probably. These top players played with other top players, while others played a lot with noobs.

Since it's a ranked match, you can't choose who you play with, so as far as I know all of the matchups are random.

From what I've seen, when I've won (against top ranked players or not) I've only received 30 points per win, regardless of how long the game ran, what kind of victory I won, or how many players were left at the end.

Since it's a ranked match, you can't choose who you play with, so as far as I know all of the matchups are random.

From what I've seen, when I've won (against top ranked players or not) I've only received 30 points per win, regardless of how long the game ran, what kind of victory I won, or how many players were left at the end.

Only ??? It seems you would like to climb 100 positions per win. 30 points should be the maximum, because if you perhaps cheat or do anything pretty impossible, when you have 0 points and the other has 2200 points, it should be cheating if you get from him 200 points perhaps or more. 30 points is a good maximum, to prevent huge bugs, etc..

I don't think you understood my post. I'm fine with whatever points I get when I win, but as I said before, I've noticed people high on the leaderboard who have less wins than me and others who are below them. How could that be possible unless they are cheating or are somehow getting more points per win than the rest of us?

I don't think you understood my post. I'm fine with whatever points I get when I win, but as I said before, I've noticed people high on the leaderboard who have less wins than me and others who are below them. How could that be possible unless they are cheating or are somehow getting more points per win than the rest of us?

No, I understood your post and answered that. That's not cheating, that's simply NORMAL.

If you have 1200 points like me, (for example), and start a game, it will be different:

-I play against the first, I get 30 points
-You play against the last, you get 2 points

That's simple, it depends on the players you play against and your points in that moment.

Top Bottom