"Lock Modified Assets" option defaulted for Play Now?

IzzRei

Chieftain
Hello,
I'm sure it's possible somehow. Does anybody know how to set the "Lock Modified Assets" as the default option for Play Now games?

I have configured the conf.ini file, switching the 19th 0 into 1. But this only applys if one goes through Custom Game. Worse yet, it appears that going through Play Now overwrites the modified conf.ini. Where do I go from here?

Also, going into Game details and checking the box is not a real answer as people will just start up a new game.
I want the world builder options hidden or unavailable by default. I was thinking of modding the esc menu interface, of finding out how to just set that lock option as default.
Also, sorry if this a double post, I checked frequent questions and googled the topic only to find posts from like 2008.

I think it's set in the "Civ4GameOptionInfo.xml" file, in the GameInfo folder of the XML assets.
You should set the Default value for the "GAMEOPTION_LOCK_MODS" option to 1.

Anyway, you'd rather NOT modify the original file. Better to copy this file in the Documents folder of your account, and modify this file here.

Add a password once the map has been created and your first turn is up.

Top Bottom